PDA

View Full Version : Editing NZBs

amranmiah121
02-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Can anyone recommend a tool/application which is best used to edit nzbs?

Many Thanks

Beck38
02-22-2014, 05:30 AM
There used to be a tool called, appropriately, 'NZBedit' that worked, kinda. At least the results it put out, my old trusty newsreader (Newsrover) had no problems taking and running, but the newer downloaders (Sabnzbd as an example) choke on that result for some reason (either the nzbedit output isn't quite nzb 'complaint' or sabnzbd's reading of it is 'off').

I haven't tried it with the 'latest and greatest' version. You should be able to get it (v1.1) and give it a tryout. If you are bits restricted, it's great to edit out the par2 files, or make them an additional d/l.

anon
02-22-2014, 05:45 AM
I once posted a copy of nzbedit 1.1 in this forum (since it's a little hard to find, or at least was at the time), but it was lost after the server crash of 2013. Here it is again. It worked pretty well to divide a full NZB in smaller chunks accepted by free Web-based Usenet downloaders, which you could then reassemble using any file joiner.

MysticRiffs
03-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Stupid question time. :)

Anything that can edit XML should be able to tackle manual edits of NZBs, yeah?

ZEROdayO
03-01-2014, 07:43 AM
notepad++ wtf ??

Beck38
03-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Since the nzb format is straight ascii, any ascii editor (down to and including notepad) can edit an nzb.

One simply has to follow some basic rules (find, locate the nzb description manual, it's around the web somewhere, even
though newzbin, it's creators, have long LONG gone to the usenet server in the sky).

So if someone wants to do a simple programming exercise, they can tackle this and make a 'super nzb editor' app/program.

As I said, it's primary use I had/have is in stripping out the par2's and making them another d/l, or when the original poster never actually uploaded a generated nzb and I had to rely on nzb's that were 'auto' generated by whatever search engine out there, and those nzb's were variable at best.