PDA

View Full Version : Arrow

pandalord
02-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Just started watching Arrow it started off slow but the series is awesome. Working on the 2nd season now and im hooked. I like how they are subtle with the super hero references but the ultra nerdy will know whats going on.

Its a smart formula.

I heard a few spin offs are in the works now!!

megabyteme
02-23-2014, 10:30 PM
I heard a few spin offs are in the works now!!

I hope that doesn't interfere with what is good about Arrow. Corporate greed... :frusty:

merv70
02-24-2014, 02:14 AM
The only spin-off I know of is the Flash series which I believe will be starting this fall.

jojobrown911
02-24-2014, 03:12 AM
I hope the spin off doesn't ruin the show, its pretty good so far

masterspliff
02-24-2014, 03:37 AM
Deathstroke was my favorite character from the comics, hes pretty badass in the show.

pandalord
02-25-2014, 01:45 AM
i keep yelling Crixus and Spartacus at the screen when he is on the show. My wife looks at me weird

riotgirl77
05-06-2014, 03:50 AM
Amused when Amanda (Naevia) will have to catch Slade (Crixus aka Naevia's lover)

IdolEyes787
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Arrow courtesy of the CW is how comic books would be if Stan Lee had been a 13 year old girl.

megabyteme
05-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Arrow courtesy of the CW is how comic books would be if Stan Lee had been a 13 year old girl.

I was just thinking Deathstroke should torture, then eat his victims*. :whistling

*No particular preference as to order.

abigdork
05-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Is show easy to pick up current season or season 1 really need to watch?

Rart
05-15-2014, 07:58 PM
For any show that isn't Law and Order I would hope that you would need to watch the show in chronological order, otherwise it's not a very good show.

Either way I've never touched the show. I heard there's a Flash spinoff coming and I'd certainly be interested in checking it out as long as the CW doesn't fuck it up too bad (which is very, very likely).

megabyteme
05-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Interesting you mention L&O mainly because it makes me think of Boston Legal and James Spader. Anyone watch Blacklist? Is it worth grabbing the entire season 1 of the show now? I've got hopes for it, but not interested in investing time in it without hearing something first. No buzz here is not a good sign...

Rart
05-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I have watched it. It's your standard serialized drama fare. Case of the week, with a little bit of the overarching plot everyweek (think Burn Notice). It's a decent show with James Spader, and it would be a complete trainwreck without him. He pretty much makes the show himself. It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth. Certainly not Breaking Bad or anything like that though.

Also here's the trailer for The Flash. Some standard "we've discovered humans with superpowers" stuff like most Heroes-esque shows, but it looks pretty neat otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

megabyteme
05-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Rart. I'll give both a shot and hold you responsible if they suck. :yup:

IdolEyes787
05-16-2014, 05:46 PM
If The Flash's broken bones heal in 3 days due to metabolic acceleration then he will live to the ripe old age of 14.:unsure:

I mean seriously, why can't the terrorists target the CW and leave the lesser evil of the military-industrial complex alone?

It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth.

To be fair though talking about computer fans keeps you interested.:mellow:

mjmacky
05-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Some standard "we've discovered humans with superpowers" stuff like most Heroes-esque shows, but it looks pretty neat otherwise.

Why does Heroes get to serve as the archetype, why not The 4400 or some other show that predates it? Did you want to use a crap show as a basis for other potential crap shows?

Rart
05-16-2014, 09:45 PM
I vastly prefer The 4400 and can barely stand the gaping plot holes/stupid shit that comes with Heroes. I also hated anyone who said "at least the first season of Heroes of good" because it wasn't. It always sucked. It was awful and atrocious and I couldn't understand why anyone would watch it.

Unfortunately I was using the show as a point of reference for the standard cliches that come with most of these shows, and I felt like Heroes would be more immediately recognizable to people for the meaning I was trying to convey.

But yes, The 4400 is a much better show on all accounts and does predate Heroes.

IdolEyes787
05-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Part of the first season of Heroes was good.

Or at least the Claire part.

So part of the Claire part of part of the first season was good.

OK I did the math and that's 18%.So 18% of the first season of Heroes was good which still beats Arrow which was only good for 4% of the first episode (0.2% total) before proceeding directly to shit.:)

Also why am I arguing popular culture with someone who wasn't even alive when Knight Rider was on?

Rart
05-17-2014, 05:08 AM
It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth.

To be fair though talking about computer fans keeps you interested.:mellow:

That's why I said for what it's worth, dipshit.

Also why am I arguing popular culture with someone who wasn't even alive when Knight Rider was on?

So you're talking about this show (http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/knight-rider) right?

IdolEyes787
05-17-2014, 11:26 AM
No the show with David Hasselholff.You know,Baywatch.

Dipshit was a nice touch though.I assume you said it to demonstrate how on the internet I am unable to swat you like a fly as I would in real life.:)

mjmacky
05-17-2014, 09:05 PM
OK I did the math...

I saw a little bit of myself in Idol just now. It encourages me to continue shoving my manhood into him.

megabyteme
05-17-2014, 09:13 PM
OK I did the math...

I saw a little bit of myself in Idol just now. It encourages me to continue shoving my manhood into him.

They grow fill up so fast, don't they... :cry:

x88ruffryder88x
05-23-2014, 02:35 AM
isn't the spin off = FLASH?

thoren
05-23-2014, 11:18 PM
nice tv show. I'm waiting for flash :D

IdolEyes787
05-24-2014, 05:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE&feature=kp

megabyteme
05-24-2014, 06:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VNUX4kbgI

IdolEyes787
05-24-2014, 07:14 PM
I assume flash mobs are for those people deemed to be even too uncool for Larping.

Also it's The Flash,ignorant members of dubious merit.

bossmonkey200
06-09-2014, 02:08 AM
The flash should be good. At least if the 5 minute trailer for the pilot is anything to go on

megabyteme
06-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Also here's the trailer for The Flash. Some standard "we've discovered humans with superpowers" stuff like most Heroes-esque shows, but it looks pretty neat otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

First episode "leaked" and is available now on IPT (maybe elsewhere, but this is where I've seen it posted). People who have commented seem to like it and are now making the long wait for the show to actually start, which is months away.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2014, 07:05 PM
First episode "leaked" and is available now on IPT (maybe elsewhere, but this is where I've seen it posted). People who have commented seem to like it and are now making the long wait for the show to actually start, which is months away.

With all due respect,people who commented probably also like Arrow and other shite CW shows so using them as standards of quality is a dubious proposition at best.

megabyteme
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
I was going to say, "Who says 16 year old girls don't torrent?" then I remembered Rart. :idunno: