PDA

View Full Version : 24-hour download limit of 5. or donate

mikehere1234
03-08-2014, 07:33 AM
anyone else got this message ive searched for this but cannot find an answer :unsure:

piercerseth
03-08-2014, 09:05 AM
News to me, but if it were me I'd have put it at 5/wk. *shrugs*

TheFoX
03-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes, that is news. Obviously, whoever runs this site saw you coming and decided you needed special treatment. Think yourself lucky that someone thinks you worthy of this special favour. No one else has this requirement, except you.

GoofyIdiot
03-08-2014, 12:23 PM
I just got this message too. I think if you want to grow a bigger community, this is the wrong way. I would never donate money to a site I haven't been on a lot. At the same time, a limit of 5 a day will make sure that I won't come here very often anymore ... time will tell ...

piercerseth
03-08-2014, 01:20 PM
I just got this message too. I think if you want to grow a bigger community, this is the wrong way. I would never donate money to a site I haven't been on a lot. At the same time, a limit of 5 a day will make sure that I won't come here very often anymore ... time will tell ...

You're aware every other site limits downloads, and api hits? You've been here since January, had access to the nzb section since February. That's more than enough time to "ascertain the value" as you put it. :rolleyes: Beautiful thing about the glut of indexers you're free to use any and all of them.

Also, this doesn't really belong in the lounge.

megabyteme
03-08-2014, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

Second best version for the geographically deprived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH79m38ifJQ

mikehere1234
03-08-2014, 01:46 PM
well i dont mind donating but not if takedowns get worse, because i downloaded 6 the other day and only 3 were not takedowns, so its a little unfair that 5 slots per 24hours and you dont always get them quick enough before they are taken down

piercerseth
03-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Dammit meg, VEVO won't let the embed play here. Money indeed.

EDIT: thanks

IdolEyes787
03-08-2014, 02:03 PM

You're aware every other site limits downloads, and api hits? You've been here since January, had access to the nzb section since February. That's more than enough time to "ascertain the value" as you put it. :rolleyes: Beautiful thing about the glut of indexers you're free to use any and all of them.

Also, this doesn't really belong in the lounge.

First let me again state that obviously "community" has absolutely nothing to do with what you are on about.

Second let me state how much my heart bleeds for the fact that some anonymous internet shits are "forced" to have to wait a grand total of 24 hours to steal excessively while people in the Ukraine go to bed wondering what tomorrow will bring.

Lastly,let me state that this does belong in The Lounge as it thankfully allows me to voice my contempt for such ungracious,overly privileged twats. :)

PS Seriously fuck off.

IdolEyes787
03-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Also how many if anybody here have ,barring music, downloaded more than 5 things in a 24 hour period?

Yeah I thought as much.

mikehere1234
03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
typical you have to resort to lovely language nice one

IdolEyes787
03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Which is more cretinous to use "lovely language" which are in the end only words and therefore only as offensive as you choose to make them or to act as you do?

Btw at least I attempt to punctuate and capitalize.I mean,what the expletive deleted is up with that?

mikehere1234
03-08-2014, 02:47 PM
lol must be the time of life for yer.................

IdolEyes787
03-08-2014, 03:33 PM
lol must be the time of life for yer.................Amazing true story but before you posted I was thinking that the only way that you could come off a bigger dolt was if you were to include 'lol' in one of your posts.:mellow:

mikehere1234
03-08-2014, 03:46 PM
dolt lol and nah yer didnt :wacko:

mindyinchains
03-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Also how many if anybody here have ,barring music, downloaded more than 5 things in a 24 hour period?

Yeah I thought as much.

i'm trying to get the third season of Suits so i can binge watch it. so me.

The first four nzbs i tried were taken down. Found one that worked on the fifth try. Oh but thats it for today, come back in 24 hours.

If i have to have a limit of 5, then i want 5 things that work.

Mordacai
03-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Or you could donate like i just did. A years access is a whopping $10. if this site doesn't live that long who cares, it's not a lot of money. Most usenet people have been burned by sites that go down within a couple of months, but this one has been around for a good bit, it's part of the game. Sure there are other free indexers out there but having all your stuff in one place is a nice touch. Another option is to get a newsreader and subscribe to the appropriate groups and manually (gasp!:O) go through the headers each day. It's a little more work but quite easy.

mykiloftfb
03-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I've gladly made my yearly donation, does anyone know the turnaround time on when I'm allowed back on the playground? 10 minutes later it is still saying the same thing.

mitymek
03-08-2014, 10:37 PM
10 bucks a year is like tipping 50 cents for a 20 dollar pizza. but hey i guess you can say you tipped.
the people behind the scenes here bend over backwards to help anyone who pops on here with anything they can and seldom get positive feedback for any of it.
i rarely post here due to workload, but this whiner post frankly pisses me off.
maybe some of you young people don't remember or know how there used to be a sort of code of ethics in the file sharing world.
its not just the files that the sharing is about. if you cant support a server on your isp situation to help out you try and help out however you can.
otherwise your a simple leech.
not that theres anything wrong with that on a small occasional scale but if your on a site every day grabbing whatever comes along then you should figure out SOME way to help out.
or you could just sign up for hbo,showtime,cinemax,tmc and pay 250 bucks a year for it. (guilty)
OR, keep leeching and shut the fuck up about whatever limits you might have o deal with.
and be appreciative man. dang. reminds me of one of my kids griping cuz his biscuits aren't hot enough.

lightshow
03-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Hey Guys,

I just noticed the same thing. I'm fine with donating, but you may find other users being more hesitant.

The average joe will look in the NZB section of the forum and see nothing on the topic (in the sticky's or elsewhere), then maybe go to this section (Everything Related to the Board) and find this thread.

I suggest putting a sticky in the NZBs section that says NZB downloads are limited to 5 until you donate.

Then re-enforce it on the donate page and have it say you also get the perk of having unlimited NZB downloads.

Otherwise, each user will go to this thread and have to read this whole back and forth conversation. And once one user says something like I donated, but haven't received confirmation or I still can't get unlimited NZBs, you'll make everyone else not want to pay since they may be afraid they'll face the same thing. Also, you should spell out that you don't provide API keys on that sticky; otherwise people will assume paying = also getting API keys for Sickbeard, etc.

Just my 2 cents on how not to lose donation money since I like this board and its NZB section.

anon
03-09-2014, 03:55 AM
All valid points. I added a note about this to the "Trying to download NZB's? -READ THIS-" thread, put a link to it in the Newsgroups section, and suggested the rest to the site admin.

For the record, if your rank here is "Poster" (10 posts and 30 days of membership required), the limit is increased to 10.

(Also, I like your sig. I had similar thoughts when I first activated my pirate copy of Norton's security suite. :D)

mitymek
03-09-2014, 03:59 AM
dang, getting all constructive and stuff in the middle of a good bashfest.
good points lightshow.

piercerseth
03-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Mordacai, mitymek, lightshow:

Bless you guys for not whining, and being cool as shit. I don't control how the site is run, but you're the users we (I) post for. Donations or not.

r_black
03-09-2014, 04:15 AM
There's no need to whine. Keep on truckin'

All valid points. I added a note about this to the "Trying to download NZB's? -READ THIS-" thread, put a link to it in the Newsgroups section, and suggested the rest to the site admin.

For the record, if your rank here is "Poster" (10 posts and 30 days of membership required), the limit is increased to 10.

(Also, I like your sig. I had similar thoughts when I first activated my pirate copy of Norton's security suite. :D)

Just an FYI, I have more than 10 posts and been around a while but still had 5

anon
03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Just an FYI, I have more than 10 posts and been around a while but still had 5

Should be fixed now, as the limit is now 10 for both classes.

Skiz
03-10-2014, 02:16 AM
^and donors have unlimited.

mitymek
03-12-2014, 02:49 AM
^and donors have unlimited.

kidney = 20 , right nut = 25, left nut = knock yourself out

userman1972
03-12-2014, 10:04 PM
I dont think it's fair to donate then when you decide to grab an NZB it's already been taken down. I dont mind donating if the NZB were always available.

tesco
03-12-2014, 10:14 PM
I dont think it's fair to donate then when you decide to grab an NZB it's already been taken down. I dont mind donating if the NZB were always available.
FST doesn't take down NZBs. :wacko:
And if you're donating just so you can get ONE NZB, just wait 24 hours. Otherwise, by donating you will get unlimited downloads.

anon
03-13-2014, 12:35 AM

He's likely referring to the Usenet articles that those NZBs point to.

userman1972
03-13-2014, 01:34 PM

Thats correct... i think this and other sites are great but i've donated in the past to sites and was trying to grab some older items but they were removed from the servers by you know...it's not the sites fault but a bit of a p!sser...

bikertyke
03-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Most forums I use have limits. Doesn't bother me as I don't pull much off them. Always uploaded or posted way more than I take. Just join lots of em and pull your 5 a day off each lol

Skiz
03-13-2014, 10:03 PM

He should change providers if his retention is shit. Saying it isn't "fair" that we ask for a small donation to access numerous NZBs each day doesn't make any sense tho. He doesn't have to donate.

stuartcuff
03-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I paid $7 to be vip about 7 years ago. I got the donate message and thought hey why not. I get checked and indexed Nzbs for a dollar a year I'll donate.

rhyz66
03-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Come on fairness shouldn't really come in to it at all! The amazing moderators here painstakingly go through hundreds of files, even encrypting them with numbered names and provide it all in one easy to click download button that ALWAYS has non-pass-worded *quality* releases that have saved my ass on numerous occasions as the numbered names don't get DMCA'd and i can download the NZB now, not having to worry about it getting taken off so i can download later..

FilesharingTalk, you guys are hands down the BEST when it comes the most popular things and i have to admit i've been wanting to donate for a while but couldn't afford it. Will be as soon as i can but for now i totally understand and agree with this new limitation as it credit's you guys for all your hard work even if it's not for profit.

Thanks again for the past 2 years, it's been awesome!
:D

twenty1
03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I've gladly made my yearly donation, does anyone know the turnaround time on when I'm allowed back on the playground? 10 minutes later it is still saying the same thing.

Did your "unlimited" come to play yet or are you still waiting? I'm curious to as what the turn around time frame is.

Thanks!

tesco
03-19-2014, 09:55 PM

Did your "unlimited" come to play yet or are you still waiting? I'm curious to as what the turn around time frame is.

Thanks!
It's supposed to be instant. You're supposed to become donator immediately, and the unlimited nzbs is instant as soon as you become donator (light blue stars). Might have been a little bug that he ran into?

twenty1
03-20-2014, 02:42 PM

Thanks!
It's supposed to be instant. You're supposed to become donator immediately, and the unlimited nzbs is instant as soon as you become donator (light blue stars). Might have been a little bug that he ran into?

Thanks! I'm gonna donate and hopefully It'll be automatic!

quikd3th
03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Donated what should equal to three months worth of donator status but it seems to have run out early. This is making me hesitant to donate anymore perhaps a mod can look into this. Thanks.

anon
03-31-2014, 02:25 AM
Just messaged the admins about it.

RealitY
04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Have pm the member with details for this...

teflon05
04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are there "Donator - 5 Year - $30.00" and "Donator - 5 Year - $50.00"?

If you're donating $50.00, shouldn't the donation time be longer? Or am I just crazy...

megabyteme
04-01-2014, 05:02 PM
For $50 I want red stars- with privileges. :sly:

anon
04-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are there "Donator - 5 Year - $30.00" and "Donator - 5 Year - $50.00"?

If you're donating $50.00, shouldn't the donation time be longer? Or am I just crazy...

Look, just donate $50 and enjoy your new privilages :smilie4:

rosspelton11
04-03-2014, 02:00 AM
i can't view this url for some reason, was there another change?

http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264720/129321-The-Legend-of-Hercules-2014-720p-BluRay-x264-SPARKS

because i can view this url no problem:

http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264720/129296-Fargo-1996-Remastered-720p-BluRay-X264-Japhson

anon
04-03-2014, 02:30 AM
The first one says "not published" here. I'm guessing the NZB mods have yet to approve (or didn't approve) it for some reason, but they'll have to confirm that.

tesco
04-04-2014, 12:09 AM
The first one says "not published" here. I'm guessing the NZB mods have yet to approve (or didn't approve) it for some reason, but they'll have to confirm that.
Likely because it looks like a dupe of this one: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x264720/129299-The-Legend-of-Hercules-2014-720p-BluRay-x264-SPARKS

BIGtimber
04-18-2014, 03:42 AM
I don't mind donating a few dollars for more access, but how about accepting crypto instead of paypal. BTC, LTC, VTC would be great.

piercerseth
04-22-2014, 06:38 AM
I don't mind donating a few dollars for more access, but how about accepting crypto instead of paypal. BTC, LTC, VTC would be great.
Bump for the powers that be. ^That's a legit grievance.

Official
04-25-2014, 05:25 AM
I do agree paying with anonymous currency might always be a great option to add to any site like this. For one... no fraud worries! Once its gone, its gone lol

laddy81
05-23-2014, 08:38 AM
im all for putting limits in place untill people donate thats what keeps sites like this running

IdolEyes787
05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm all for forcing people to use punctuation and capitalization as that's what keeps sentences like this comprehensible.

Edit:More or less comprehensible.

megabyteme
05-23-2014, 06:21 PM
im all for putting limits in place untill people donate thats what keeps sites like this running

Says the guy who's been here since 2009, made 2 posts, and has not donated. :blink:

IdolEyes787
05-23-2014, 06:44 PM

chalice
05-23-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm all for forcing people to use punctuation and capitalization as that's what keeps sentences like this comprehensible.

Edit:More or less comprehensible.

Now, that collision of reason made perfect grammatical sense. However, you don't often achieve that level of perfection.

See, it's your utter cluelessness when knowing where to place that pesky, sadly essential comma. Come now, my good man. A simple review of forum literates will snap that schoolboy, yet undermining blockage from your movie-rotted clam-shell.

Do it for me, but most of all, do it for yourself, you cunt.