PDA

View Full Version : Compaq's New Gaming Pc X09 $2999.97

healimonster
11-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Compaq X09 (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=307520&pfp=external)

Part 1:
Computer Hardware > Cases (Computer Cases, ATX Form) > COOLER MASTER N82E16811119023
Cooler Master Wave Master Case without Power Supply,Model:TAC-T01-E1C,Retail.
Item: N82E16811119023 Model#: TAC-T01
Price: $148.00 Shipping: FedEx Saver Shipping $15.00
-----

The Real Santa
11-23-2003, 08:15 AM
dammmn thats a lot of cash money santa is too poor for that

abu_has_the_power
11-23-2003, 08:19 AM
i can prob build that for bout 1500-2000

Keikan
11-23-2003, 09:14 AM
wata rip off

kurtsl0an
11-23-2003, 09:26 AM
big rip off :ninja:

1 year warranty and no monitor - lmao!

kurtsl0an
11-23-2003, 09:31 AM
i just spec'd out an exact replica of that system from cyberpower (http://www.cyberpowerinc.com)- 1900 bucks, cooler case, 3 year warranty, and a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB.

oh yeah, free shipping and no taxes - :)

kazaaliterock
11-23-2003, 05:26 PM
hmmm went did some shopping of newegg for ya

exact p4 cpu- 397
kingston 1GB pc3200 - 172
250 (couldnt find 240) GB SATA- 241 (EiDE-210)
CD-r/rw/dvd- 45
Dvd-r/rw - 110
Abit mobo supporting hyper threading - 111 (i didnt feel like looking for the exact specification mobo so...)
FX 5950 ultra 256mb - 410 (more then cpu itself ;) )
Raidmax Scorpio full tower - 110
then 100 extra for mouse and keyboard.
then 200 for a really nice monitor

add up to 1896.00
and u still ahve 1000 left for extra upgrade. and that thing didnt even include a monitor

this price is for the SATA hdd no the eide.

NNels112
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
HAHA, compaq sucks. what a rip. not only can you build one cheaper, i could also buy an alien for the same price and actually get a good computer. Wow, compaq has offically outdone itself in stupidity.

mooseman2070
11-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by NNels112@23 November 2003 - 18:07
HAHA, compaq sucks. what a rip. not only can you build one cheaper, i could also buy an alien for the same price and actually get a good computer. Wow, compaq has offically outdone itself in stupidity.
yeah compaq should stick to home PCs. theyre not the gaming type. they should leave gaming pcs to alienware and voodoo

bigdawgfoxx
11-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Stick to home PCs?? Stick to NOTHING god sell your company you suck! haha Obviously i dont like compaq....dont buy that whatever you do.

NNels112
11-23-2003, 11:33 PM
haha, they did sell their company, to an equally sucky company, HP. God, with those two in business together, who knows what kinda shitty computers will be coming out from them.

clocker
11-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Yes, that is an absurd deal, but don't kid yourself about HP/Compaq.
They aren't stupid, just slow.

Recently, while cruising CompUSA with my parents (getting a new HDD for my Dad's Compaq), I couldn't even get them to go over and look at the Alienware PC. Not interested, and neither of them will probably buy another machine (they are in their mid-seventies).
Computer companies can't depend on older users to stay alive.

On the other hand, my 16 year old nephew only knows about Alienware, Voodoo and Falcon. As far as he's concerned, HP makes printers/scanners.

My favorite pc parts emporium, MicroCenter, just rearranged their layout and now have a huge section devoted to nothing but highend, aftermarket HSFs, lights, fans, even watercooling rigs (drool). A salesman said that it is the hottest section of the store, dollar-wise, and they want to exploit that.

The point here is computer manufacturers have to cater to the younger, game-driven market. No one in their right mind needs a 500GB HDD, or a $500 video card, just to e-mail and cruise the web. People really don't need to upgrade their PC every 6 months unless they are forced to by gaming/ entertainment advances.

As a first effort that Compaq may be lightyears behind the current Voodoo PCs, but don't think that won't change.
Three years from now, you may be lusting after the lastest Compaq gaming machine and Alienware could be a distant memory...

bigdawgfoxx
11-24-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by NNels112@23 November 2003 - 23:33
haha, they did sell their company, to an equally sucky company, HP. God, with those two in business together, who knows what kinda shitty computers will be coming out from them.
You said it man...but when you think about it what makes there computers so much worse?? im not on their side lol

NNels112
11-24-2003, 04:41 AM
You said it man...but when you think about it what makes there computers so much worse?? im not on their side lol
well, yeah, i mean, they arent bad compaired to some of the comps you can buy out there. however, they charge so much more than other companies for the same computer, and they charge double than what you can build one for :P

Evil Gemini
11-24-2003, 04:59 AM
whaaaa!!!

i came up with AU$3412 if i was going to build a pc with the EXACT specs but way better motherboard and a leadtek version of that card.

raiserblade2003
11-24-2003, 07:47 AM
dammmmn how u come up w/ over 3k. mine only cos 1.5 and it include a monitor. but my mobo was a bit under the one in the compaq but it was 1.5k less then the price of the compaq ;)

mooseman2070
11-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 00:20

Recently, while cruising CompUSA with my parents (getting a new HDD for my Dad's Compaq), I couldn't even get them to go over and look at the Alienware PC. Not interested, and neither of them will probably buy another machine (they are in their mid-seventies).

On the other hand, my 16 year old nephew only knows about Alienware, Voodoo and Falcon. As far as he's concerned, HP makes printers/scanners.

My favorite pc parts emporium, MicroCenter, just rearranged their layout and now have a huge section devoted to nothing but highend, aftermarket HSFs, lights, fans, even watercooling rigs (drool). A salesman said that it is the hottest section of the store, dollar-wise, and they want to exploit that.

The point here is computer manufacturers have to cater to the younger, game-driven market. No one in their right mind needs a 500GB HDD, or a $500 video card, just to e-mail and cruise the web. People really don't need to upgrade their PC every 6 months unless they are forced to by gaming/ entertainment advances.

As a first effort that Compaq may be lightyears behind the current Voodoo PCs, but don't think that won't change.
Three years from now, you may be lusting after the lastest Compaq gaming machine and Alienware could be a distant memory...
good point

abu_has_the_power
11-26-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by clocker@23 November 2003 - 19:20

well, compare the reliablity of an hp to that of a Dell. u got quite a difference. although i personally had a pretty good experience with hp's, i was told compaq are horrible. still, i'd go with alienware or voodoo if i can afford it, and build if i can't.

abu_has_the_power
11-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by kurtsl0an@23 November 2003 - 04:31
i just spec'd out an exact replica of that system from cyberpower (http://www.cyberpowerinc.com)- 1900 bucks, cooler case, 3 year warranty, and a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB.

cyberpower has nice cases, but they have bad customer service. i would've gone with a cyberpower pc, but i decided to go with ibuypower after their crappy ratings

GCNaddict
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@23 November 2003 - 08:19
i can prob build that for bout 1500-2000
i can do it for about the same, plus or minus 50 bucks

EDIT! is that thing a p4e!?!

if it is, it jacks its price up by a hefty 700

fr0zex
11-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@25 November 2003 - 20:27
cyberpower has nice cases, but they have bad customer service. i would've gone with a cyberpower pc, but i decided to go with ibuypower after their crappy ratings

I heard ibuypower is good, but some people complain that the right parts didn't come/they fell apart because of bad packaging. How was your experience with them?

kurtsl0an
11-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+25 November 2003 - 19:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 25 November 2003 - 19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kurtsl0an@23 November 2003 - 04:31
i just spec&#39;d out an exact replica of that system from cyberpower (http://www.cyberpowerinc.com)- 1900 bucks, cooler case, 3 year warranty, and a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB.

cyberpower has nice cases, but they have bad customer service. i would&#39;ve gone with a cyberpower pc, but i decided to go with ibuypower after their crappy ratings [/b][/quote]
damn, i thought they were the same company running under a different name.
their website is EXACTLY the same as cyberpowers, and their cases are similar.

:huh: :blink: