PDA

View Full Version : nMatrix worth subscription?

opentoe
04-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I have just a couple of days left until my account is purged. Lifetime membership is $10, which is really good but some times these places drop like flies. Anyone happy with nMatrix user indexer site at all? Sorry, wasn't allowed to post this in the appropriate section.

Skiz
04-05-2014, 06:43 PM
This is the appropriate section. :huh:

Out of curiosity, what are you looking for that you can't find here?

piercerseth
04-05-2014, 06:52 PM
OP posted in the lounge, I moved it. :) I thought migrated threads left soft links in their original forums. hmm.

EDIT: thx anon.

anon
04-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I thought migrated threads left soft links in their original forums. hmm.

You can choose whether to leave a redirect or not when you move the thread. The former is the default choice.

opentoe
04-06-2014, 01:48 AM
This is the appropriate section. :huh:

Out of curiosity, what are you looking for that you can't find here?

I don't use torrents, only NZB's and I don't like user based NZB sites. There are just too many per day for a user only site to keep up with it. I use to run my own indexer and the thousands and thousands of entries per day was just getting out of hand. I can't see a user only type NZB indexer doing all that work at all. My opinion is automation is the only way. Unless I'm missing something.

Beck38
04-06-2014, 02:17 AM
YANS - Yet Another Newsnab Site.

Seems like dozens out there, so what makes this one any different? How about a site that indexes ALL of usenet back to 'Day One' of most of the servers out there (Astra/Giga/UsenetNews/Blocknews/UNameit), back to Aug08.

I'll tell you how many, zero. They join the 'open' indexers (NZBIndex, Binsearch) in this regard.

Now, if someone wanted to actually do some 'work' and provide this, it would be worth some coin. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

piercerseth
04-06-2014, 01:34 PM
NZBclub is good to at least 2030d+ The problem with those types of indexers is that they're predicated on the user actually knowing HOW to search. A lot of these set it-n-forget it NN users would be out of their depth when required to do a little leg work. I don't mean digging through headers like a truffle pig, just simple queries and strings. Common sense shit.

user3240
04-06-2014, 02:24 PM
I have just a couple of days left until my account is purged. Lifetime membership is $10, which is really good but some times these places drop like flies. Anyone happy with nMatrix user indexer site at all? Sorry, wasn't allowed to post this in the appropriate section.

It depends. If you are planning to automate with Sickbeard etc. it's worth $10.00 for a lifetime membership. It does not have the extra features of Dog or nzbgeek. It's a basic newsnab index.The owner of this index is not a money grabber. I can't tell you how long this or any other index will be in business. Most people have 2-3 indexes of this type because nobody can know how long these indexers will be around.

Beck38
04-06-2014, 02:37 PM
NZBclub is good to at least 2030d+

According to the 'review' sites, only 'select' groups have such depth, and those groups are, to my mind (again, according to the review sites, I haven't checked it out myself but may) are foreign language groups, not a.b.dvd or a.b.blu-ray, etc.

Those groups, with the most 'traffic' over the last several years, are limited to maybe 2.5 years (800 days) or so of retention. I'd like to take the time and effort to check all these sites out for myself, but I think since all the review sites agree (unless they are simply pooching from each other) that unless someone says something radically different...

But I guess this qualifies, so again, I'll try and make the time/effort to check it out. Review upcoming.