PDA

View Full Version : Content Extraction /Injection Idea.

aoshivx
05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Figured this would be the right section to post this, though I could be wrong. So please hear me out. The idea is quite rough may need some polish.

Being predominantly a Usenet user for more a very long time and bounced around with torrents now and then, but always ended up going back
to usenet.

Now the thing is there is a lot of content on both platforms be it useful or be it junk. From my observation, which I think I am not the only one who would
have noticed this that, to some extent Usenet doesn't come close the content present on the so called major music trackers. Obviously the major labels
and artists are all present from pop, indie, rock, trance, hip hop, rnb, oldskool you name it, but by and large it still, doesn't that have much in other genres like
classical, soundtracks/scores, video game music/chip-tunes, bandcamp library and many more.

So I was thinking along the lines of whereby content is downloaded off major trackers - What/RuT/.... and upload them unto Usenet.
Obviously, this data transfer is going to be huge and an ongoing process, which I think that maybe a server could be rented as a transfer medium
Shouldn't be a problem, get a breakdown of cost required, and if need be would happily chip in.

I assume it's feasible.
Thoughts?

usersname
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM
It looks like your going to be busy for the next few years :)

Good Luck!

05-08-2014, 01:00 PM
why not just use torrents

aoshivx
05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
I did say it was going to be an ongoing thing certainly not a weekend breezer. That being said, I never really saw myself the sole target, if I wanted them, nothing stopping me from procuring them. Which was I why I was thinking from the collective beneficial side. I do recall a while back, when a member here was getting niche movie titles from said niche tracker and uploading them. Along those same lines, but on a bigger scale.

piercerseth
05-12-2014, 12:24 PM
So I was thinking along the lines of whereby content is downloaded off major trackers - What/RuT/.... and upload them unto Usenet.
Obviously, this data transfer is going to be huge and an ongoing process, which I think that maybe a server could be rented as a transfer medium
Shouldn't be a problem, get a breakdown of cost required, and if need be would happily chip in.

I assume it's feasible.
Thoughts?
A dedicated server that's part seedbox, part nntp poster? Totally feasible. I know a few people who operate setups just like that.