PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Files

Tspinner
05-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Every time i download files on this site i always have to use quickpar to repair them. Is there anyway to fix this error so that it extracts correctly in sabnzb?

Skiz
05-21-2014, 12:16 AM
May be a dumb Q but is the download incomplete?

Sab should be repairing your downloads unless you have a setting telling it not to. There may also be a wrench next to your finished download. Clicking that will tell Sab to attempt a repair on that grab. Have you tried that?

Also, are there any release group that are doing it or every single download? What about downloads from other sites?

Do the files have odd naming conventions? Like:

11111-3.1
11111-3.2
11111-3.3
etc...

Those are the only reason I generally find that Sab doesn't perform an automatic repair. Give us some more info tho.

Tspinner
05-21-2014, 01:11 AM
it always attempts to repair the files then it fails so i use quick par. Also yes, the files are named like that before I repair them with quick par.

pokitisme
05-21-2014, 04:18 AM
well a few more ideas what server are u using and what os also what speeds are u getting and what is ur experience with usenet.also dont forget about space restrictions on ur computer or hd and speed restrictions on ur download program
( newsleecher newsbin xnews).there are many factors.skiz brings up another good point as most post nowadays are encrypted in some form to prevent dmca---my post for instance are not encrypted cause i want others to find them so u could try 1 of mine .also i just read that ur using sabnzb--i have no knowledge of this but i would suggest using something like newsleecher or newsbin pro----they are a bit complicated but have a following for a reason.so please be specific about ur issues such as files uve dl'ed where and how their stored and such----hope this helps a bit.

Skiz
05-21-2014, 03:02 PM
it always attempts to repair the files then it fails so i use quick par. Also yes, the files are named like that before I repair them with quick par.

If QuickPar is handling them just fine, it's prob just a naming issue with the releases themselves. Sab promises to get better at these in future releases but no significant progress has been made IMO. I understand your frustrations though as it throws a wrench into the automated process with Sickbeard. I just repair with QuickPar and then go back and tell Sab to recheck the grab. Since it's now repaired, it will successfully verify and continue the automated process.

nxtiak
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Happens to me with Newsleecher too. The uploader renames the original file to something random and only QuickPar knows that and would rename it to proper name then Newsleecher sees the right filenames and verifies/extracts.

TheAce
05-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Sometimes Quickpar doesn't rename all the files so when you try to unpack it says blocks missing.

So to solve this while in Quickpar press ADD, select ALL the files then repair.

Beck38
05-31-2014, 03:10 PM
There are so many weird/obscure ways that folks are posting these days, that 'automated' repair(s) or renaming or extraction is at best a crap-shoot. Do it manually. In doing so, you'll also get a clue as to how 'clean' your internet connection is, whether or not it's maybe getting better (or worse) and the interconnect to your usenet server of choice.

All is a good idea to keep your eye on, and not simply 'think' that automating the process is the (lazy) way to go.