PDA

View Full Version : Astra/US Off the Tracks, Off the Mississippi Bridge, into the Drink

Beck38
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Probably the worst failure I've seen in a long time at Astra/US occurred (and is still going on as I write this).

Not a hint of wobbliness before it blew up; it's not completely 'down', as a few bits are being transferred here and there, so to speak, but in general it's about 95% 'flat line' (zero).

So it's been going on for 3+ hours now, have no idea when (or if?) it will be fixed.

UPDATE: okay, about 4+ hours into this, and about 1.5 hours after I shot them a 'ticket', things improved abruptly, instantly. It's been pretty good for 30+ minutes and going strong. I might add, I checked out Astra/EU and it was straight and normal throughout. Will keep and eye on it and hopefully things have been beaten into shape and will stay there.

Beck38
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Still going okay some 15 hours later, although the transfer speed between the 'front end' and 'back end' (main storage) of the plant is exhibiting some delay (15+ minutes or so) more than usual, which means that posting and transfers out (propagation) to other usenet plants are a bit slow but not by that much (but noticeable). But it is working.

justlooking
05-23-2014, 08:03 AM
I have MijnUsenet, which has become the European Astraweb server, and it's going at 1/15 of the normal speed. Probably not a coincidence.

back to normal now