PDA

View Full Version : Titles Disapearing

teamgt
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
when a file is deleted from a newsgroup ex. supernews does it disappear on all newsgroups like giganews or newsleecher or do titles get deleted at different times and do some newsgroup site not delete new binaries

chakara
05-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Takedowns depend on the provider. Eventually they're all hit though.

Giganews and Supernews are the same provider btw.
Newsleecher is an application that offers Giganews subscriptions.

seansea
05-25-2014, 01:40 AM
I saw a Reddit forum discussing this. One of the posters recommended setting up a cheap 2nd subscription with a European provider, as sometimes the Takedowns take a while to get over there

DngrMs
05-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Eventually they're all hit though.

This isn't true. Although I don't blame you for believing so.

Once a collection has been propagated it's entirely up to the host whether they take it down or not. Some are obliged to (regulation, peering contract, free will, legal order, etc) but there are many that do not even accept takedowns let alone execute them. These providers are however difficult to find or join and typically have low retention (<300 days). If you happen to find and join one of these providers then you can use them as a block account to fill gaps since most primary providers only ever remove a small portion of the collection when they get a takedown request.

Most of said providers are in Eastern Europe although I'm also aware of a few in Asia. Suffice to say you're unlikely to find one with an English interface and some don't even have a HTTP interface at all.

Follow the breadcrumbs on IRC if you're really keen.

chakara
05-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Well yup, I didn't know that.

I have no interest in a 300d retention provider (for different reasons that won't interest anyone) but it's always good to know.
Plus, to be honest, I don't care enough to go on IRC to find provides who don't have a HTTP interface ^^

pokitisme
06-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Eventually they're all hit though.

This isn't true. Although I don't blame you for believing so.

Once a collection has been propagated it's entirely up to the host whether they take it down or not. Some are obliged to (regulation, peering contract, free will, legal order, etc) but there are many that do not even accept takedowns let alone execute them. These providers are however difficult to find or join and typically have low retention (<300 days). If you happen to find and join one of these providers then you can use them as a block account to fill gaps since most primary providers only ever remove a small portion of the collection when they get a takedown request.

Most of said providers are in Eastern Europe although I'm also aware of a few in Asia. Suffice to say you're unlikely to find one with an English interface and some don't even have a HTTP interface at all.

Follow the breadcrumbs on IRC if you're really keen.

for this 1 i would advance u to my recent thread " a little letter to giganews "----this tells of deceptive practices from giganews.

DngrMs
06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
for this 1 i would advance u to my recent thread " a little letter to giganews "----this tells of deceptive practices from giganews.

I searched for that post and found it. I was disappointed. The lack of appropriate capitalization and carriage returns made it entirely unreadable. To be frank I'm surprised they replied at all.

And it evidently had nothing to do with my comment above. You've cost me important minutes in life, shame on you.

IdolEyes787
06-02-2014, 11:40 AM
It amazes me that given the choice grammatically, a sizable percentage of this site chooses to follow the example of 13 year old Facebook users than basically every great writer ever born.:mellow:

And now A Tale of Two Cities if edited by an idiot.

i see that i hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants generations hence i see her an old woman weeping for me on the anniversary of this day i see her and her husband their course done lying side by side in their last earthly bed and i know that each was not more honoured and held sacred in the others soul than i was in the souls of both

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 12:52 PM
And now A Tale of Two Cities if edited by an idiot.

i see that i hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants generations hence i see her an old woman weeping for me on the anniversary of this day i see her and her husband their course done lying side by side in their last earthly bed and i know that each was not more honoured and held sacred in the others soul than i was in the souls of both

Fixed. :happy:

I searched for that post and found it. I was disappointed. The lack of appropriate capitalization and carriage returns made it entirely unreadable. To be frank I'm surprised they replied at all.

And it evidently had nothing to do with my comment above. You've cost me important minutes in life, shame on you.

I believe he aptly scrambled Giganews' security team with fears that a 40 year old from Kansas with a pronounced head injury and an 8th grade education has it in for them. The FBI is currently scouring his credit card receipts for large fertilizer purchases and moving van rentals...

piercerseth
06-02-2014, 04:00 PM
It amazes me that given the choice grammatically, a sizable percentage of this site chooses to follow the example of 13 year old Facebook users than basically every great writer ever born.

You misunderstand, FST is simply a beacon for fans of e e cummings to pay homage.