PDA

View Full Version : Tweaknews slow speeds

whiteboy
05-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I just signed up for the basic account. Speeds are supposed to be 10Mbit. I am getting 425kb/s. Is this normal? My connection is 15Mbit. THis is pretty crappy for usenet. I am located in the US. I did not even see the trial offer before I paid. Wonder if I can get a refund if this keeps up. Pretty dang slow.

950Sidewinder
05-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Been on the 10Mbit account for about a year. There will be the odd day or so it may have a slow patch. For the most part it is steady in my experience.

chakara
05-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Well all I can say is that I've been maxing out my 2MBps (16Mbps to you) connection w/o any issues.

smv
05-30-2014, 01:03 PM
got enough lines available?

check the configuration how it should be and what you have from tweaknews.

firebirduk
05-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Going a little slower than normal for me to, but not so bad as for me to complain...

pokitisme
06-01-2014, 12:31 AM
the few times i used it it was slow all the time--im in kcmo if that helps--it would be around 500 kbs 2 hours for a normal dvd5

950Sidewinder
06-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Keep in mind, like it has already been mentioned, you do have to open multiple connections to their server within your usenet software in order to see those speeds. If you have fast internet you won't see your potential speed until you do. Whichever plan you signed up with at Tweaknews will tell you in the details how many multiple connections can be opened. You can then take those details and set that up in your software.

pokitisme
06-03-2014, 04:19 AM
out of curiosity your using tweak but how many connections are you using and without going into detail if u wish what other servers/connections do you use with the tweak connection.i was using 7 connections to tweak 7 to newshosting and 4 to french newshosting at the same time and i got combined speeds of 4.8 megs but as soon as i removed the faster server such as nh the speeds dropped to 4/5 hundred kbs and when downloading files using the combined u could see the tweak lagging behind nh.so did you see the same issue with your use of tweak usage.cause according to what ur saying maxing out the tweak connections would drastically increase speeds-so technically if i jumped my 7 to 14 i would get 1mbs out of tweak.

950Sidewinder
06-05-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm on the 10Mbit account which allows for a max 10 connections. Doing a test utilizing 1 connection it floats around 1Mbit. When all 10 connections are used I reach 10Mbit. I only have Tweak and no one else using Newsleecher as my software.

whiteboy
06-06-2014, 03:38 PM
I had the maximum amount of connections I could use open. I got impatient and went back to astra. Their deal was too good to pass up.

bytemonkey
06-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Fine for me usually I get 14.9MB/sec on 120Mbit on Tweaknew so sounds more like your ISP shaping traffic

Mee2
06-06-2014, 09:49 PM
I open 12 connections all the time. Depends on the time of the day it can go full blast and max my 20mbit line with Crime Warner; at other times of the day, my max with 12 connections will be around 500KB/s or even 200KB/s... I tried one month of Eweka to compare. I had no issues with Eweka during my one month with them; however, some stuff was never there but was available at Tweak. Eweka full speed and Tweak slow.... So in reality it was not Crime Warner is messing up with traffic.. I'm in Texas using Time Warner... Crap Warner, Crime Warner or whatever you want to call them.. LOL