PDA

View Full Version : eBay Users now forced to reset; nobody yet fired

Beck38
05-28-2014, 05:01 AM
eBay has begun to forcibly reset accounts; my question to them is, when are they going to fire the vp (and the entire division IMO) just like Target was eventually forced to.

For one, I've been complaining to whoever would listen (not many, unfortunately) that their 'system' has been hacked for a fair amount of time (probably several months) by many 'users' of the system.

How it worked is like this: they figured out a way to manipulate the biding process by cranking up the next 'level' or two of minimum bids. So if, say, the last bid was at $10, and the next minimum was $10.50 *normally*, they'd reset this so that the minimum would be like $15, or $5 more than the last bid.

That meant that anyone trying to 'snipe' the bid process by getting just a bit above the last bid would be 'locked out' of the bid because it wasn't over $15. Then they'd come in with their 'special' account that wasn't affected by the $15 minimum, and come in with a bid of $10.51 and grab the item.

I had several examples of this I pointed out to eBay, to no avail. They simply didn't believe their own records.

So I stopped using them about 6 months ago, the handwriting was on the wall. I use UPS all the time, and have run into quite a few folks shipping stuff out, and they have all given up on eBay and gone with Amazon. So have I. A word to the wise. Stop using them unless and until they fire the idiots who can't secure their system.