PDA

View Full Version : Malicefet

jimmyblackcab
05-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Took my daughter to see the new Angelina Jolie film Malificent today and can honestly say that it was an amazing film we saw it in 3D and was well worth the extra couple of quid and there was more grown ups in the cinema than kids so that tells its own story. the storyline was good and the scenes were just amazing and very well put together with lots of fantasy action that kept you watching the screen all the way through. i can say in all honesty that if you have kids its well worth the price to see it on big screen and in 3D

Well done Disney

(title of film corrected by order of idoleyes )

IdolEyes787
05-31-2014, 12:34 AM
Time's (http://time.com/136170/maleficent-movie-review-angelina-jolie/) Richard Corliss declares that, with the exception of Angelina Jolie,
"this pricey live-action drama is a dismaying botch," as Stromberg, "has no mastery of casting and guiding actors, little sense of narrative pace or build and -- the big, sad surprise -- a leaden sense of visualizing Maleficent’s fairyland.
" While Jolie "is the visual, aural and behavioral embodiment of an otherworldly goddess capable of anything, from poisonous curses to surrogate-mother love ... other than Jolie’s grandeur, and a bit of Fanning’s freshness, the movie’s got nothing," pointing out that Copley "lacks the traditional skills needed for a fairy-tale hero turned villain."

Glad (honestly) that you enjoyed it but between your review and Corliss's I'm going to have to go with Corliss's if only because he spelled the name of the movie right.:)

Also it's running 49% positive on Rotten Tomatoes where those Nazi critics are less incline to be dazzled by sparkly stuff and demand a bit of substance.

Stehle
05-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Maleficent was not much better I was told. :pinch:

jimmyblackcab
06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
it was to be expected that whatever was said by myself regarding the film would be rebuffed in a manner that dennis norden would have been confused with im just glad for one thing and one thing only and that is that you and corliss do no have a say in how films are made and it is still left up to people who have imagination and are not afraid to use it.... i know you will fire back with silly but very very educated comments on how many spelling mistakes i've made and use words that ordinary people do not use in every day life BUT HEY WHO GIVES A SHIT I ENJOYED IT AND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD FILM and until you have seen it with your kids if you have any ????? then i dont think you should comment because this film is for the kids and it brought a smile to their faces ,,, so keep your dismaying botch and jolies grandeur and put it with your aural behaviour along with fannings freshness because as i said who gives a shit xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

life is about finding out for yourself NOT for people to tell you what life is and should be like

IdolEyes787
06-01-2014, 03:54 PM
I said that I was glad that you enjoyed it.:ermm:
Anyway I see once again that someone is talking about being allowed to have an opinion while at the same time not giving anyone else the same courtesy.

What are you afraid of anyway jimmy, that Corliss might be right or that you might be wrong?

As for children liking it,if allowed children would eat only candy and drink only soda pop so so much for children having sense about anything.

Btw imaginative would probably entail not relying entirely of special effects to tell a story.

jimmyblackcab
06-01-2014, 05:19 PM
if you had said you was glad without the dig then yes it would have been a genuine reply from a fellow member BUT it seems that there always has to be at least one little dig ????? this time it was my spelling ???? and yes anyone can have an opinion about a film if they have seen the film but surely they have to arrive at that opinion all by themselves not to be told that its crap by someone else ???? even a critique can only give an opinion based on what he or she likes and cannot speak for the rest of the world????? anyway matey we seem to be getting there slowly but surely ??? I can tell your warming to me a little bit at a time maybe next year you'll be on my christmas card list ??? ha ha ha

IdolEyes787
06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I was good once but then they* betrayed me and took away my wings.:(

Now I basically just sit around listening to Sympathy For the Devil and plotting my revenge.

Also I used to race bikes and all the time on a climb the director sportif be screaming in my earpiece "have a dig" so I blame Pavlov's dog.

*Probably the Jews.

Stehle
06-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Is this thread about Bobafett's (http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/)sister?

(Jest another Idol attempt at humor...the last one above is hard to top!) :D :alien:

(Filed under... thing's to do while waiting for the next GoT post.) :)

pootystomp
06-02-2014, 01:35 AM
if you had said you was glad without the dig then yes it would have been a genuine reply from a fellow member BUT it seems that there always has to be at least one little dig ????? this time it was my spelling ???? and yes anyone can have an opinion about a film if they have seen the film but surely they have to arrive at that opinion all by themselves not to be told that its crap by someone else ???? even a critique can only give an opinion based on what he or she likes and cannot speak for the rest of the world????? anyway matey we seem to be getting there slowly but surely ??? I can tell your warming to me a little bit at a time maybe next year you'll be on my christmas card list ??? ha ha ha

I wish I could help answer your 24 questions in this post, but I can't. I guess the question marks are just a representation of your thought process.

Questionable

enzo05
06-26-2014, 06:48 AM
She is an evil chick!