PDA

View Full Version : Need some kind of Watchlist

megabyteme
06-01-2014, 02:00 AM
The number of shows/movies/specials/MMA/Interwebs clips available to this community is now almost unmanageable. I keep a regular eye on new torrents, but sometimes shows have run for seasons without even catching my attention. Other times, I hear of an Indie or foreign movie with potential, but entirely forget about it. Forum buzz helps, but it is easy to read of something then get into another.

I am hoping to find some sort of tracking system to note everything that catches my eye, is recommended, etc. I would prefer this to be an all-in-one, maybe with filesharing in mind (say reminders of when Blu-ray/DVD/Web dl/theater releases will be made).

Does anything like this exist? Heck, if I could not download it, I'd actually pay for something that would help me keep track of all this- dynamic updates would help A LOT. Some nights I spend more time trying to find a movie/show than I do watching something. Often this results in me digging up things I have already grabbed or at one time forgot I wanted to see. Netflix "list" is only able to cover a small portion of what is available.

If there isn't anything, how do the most organized of you keep track of what you are looking for/want to watch?

pootystomp
06-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Something I use to find content is an app called "Can I Stream It.". Helps me find what is available on all streaming services. It also links me to Amazon for content that isn't available for streaming.

I know this isn't exactly what your looking for but it's worth a look.

megabyteme
06-01-2014, 05:26 AM
Thanks, pooty. So far, my search for "entertainment watchlist" had limited results, which were mainly for specific for-profit services. IMDB has everything, including approximate release dates, it is just a matter of tracking everything. And I know there are other databases that do a very nice job of working with almost all the files I download and play through Plex.

I wouldn't mind having the ability to make a list of shows I have watched through this system, either. Now I'm just thinking out loud in case someone is looking to create something useful for the community. I cannot be alone in this desire. We simply have it too good to keep track of our options...:sly:

IdolEyes787
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Since we're internet friends,here (http://www.jucoolimages.com/images/get_a_life/get_a_life_01.gif) bud.

Also since you seemed not to have read the memo,what precisely does this have to do with movies and TV and not filesharing?

Or in words better understood by the average Romanian bittard "I'm upset because people keep insisting on posting pictures of jeans hanging on hangers in the Rate That Ass thread".

megabyteme
06-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Since we're internet friends,here (http://www.jucoolimages.com/images/get_a_life/get_a_life_01.gif) bud.

Also since you seemed not to have read the memo,what precisely does this have to do with movies and TV and not filesharing?

Or in words better understood by the average Romanian bittard "I'm upset because people keep insisting on posting pictures of jeans hanging on hangers in the Rate That Ass thread".

:lol: Always make a habit of reading where links are taking me before clicking on them, and read the "get a life" part. Instantly thought you were going with this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098802/). You probably won't be surprised I was one of about 1200 people to actually enjoy the show.

I did a number of side jobs to supplement my lousy income prior/during undergraduate years- one of which was delivering papers.

As for reason to post here- it is less of a filesharing issue and more of a way to organize the movies/shows one wants to watch. One could still use this software (that I am hoping for) without ever downloading anything.

I rate your skills at being an ass at 9/10. :yup:

IdolEyes787
06-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Nobody's perfect.

Anyway if you want to know I didn't go the Get a Life TV show route because I felt comparing your wank concern to a live a home 30 year old paperboy would be unfairly disparaging to live at home 30 year old paperboys. :)

Skiz
06-02-2014, 06:58 AM
I use the iOS app called TVForecast for years now to track different series'.

As for downloading, do you use Usenet? Tried Sickbeard?

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 07:29 AM

SB looks promising. I am a torrrent user, so I will have to look into its "limited" functionality. I mainly just want a reminder of show's release dates. Basically a heads-up that the shows I want are soon to be available. This may be a step better. I am still quite new to XBMC and all of its capabilities.

Thanks for this. :)

EDIT- I use Android, but it seems like there might be some decent knock-offs available. Looking into those as well.

IdolEyes787
06-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Nothing good is ever won without effort and that's why losers love convenience.. :)

Also more or less seriously get out of this section so I can talk about how fucking good Game of Thrones continues to be.

anon
06-02-2014, 01:01 PM
how do the most organized of you keep track of what you are looking for/want to watch?

I use Notepad, but the "most organized" part makes me doubt I'm qualified to answer the question :unsure:

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 01:18 PM
how do the most organized of you keep track of what you are looking for/want to watch?

I use Notepad, but the "most organized" part makes me doubt I'm qualified to answer the question :unsure:

Well, you still have me beat... :(

Skiz
06-02-2014, 04:41 PM

SB looks promising. I am a torrrent user, so I will have to look into its "limited" functionality. I mainly just want a reminder of show's release dates. Basically a heads-up that the shows I want are soon to be available. This may be a step better. I am still quite new to XBMC and all of its capabilities.

Thanks for this. :)

EDIT- I use Android, but it seems like there might be some decent knock-offs available. Looking into those as well.

Why the fook are you still using torrents? :wacko:

Stehle
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
No, I don't have one either.

(...it seems I'm constantly checking the episode number of the shows I like, have a marathon once I believe the seasons over (I just got fooled by "DaVinci's Demons) or I'm bored, I have to say since I stopped watching most commercial tv (Thanks Idol saving a bundle here!), my organization skills have gone to shite.) :(

I tried notepad too.... one whole day. I'm useless.

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Why the fook are you still using torrents? :wacko:

The streaming capabilities of XBMC seem quite good, but I have set it aside while I finish this quarter and get some projects done on the house. Another week and I will be exploring it again.

How reliable is XBMC's streaming on some of the rarer files, say foreign filums which would be more readily available on KG instead of a typical tracker? I kinda like having certain files archived. I'm not all that fond of usenet, tbh.

However, this thread may end up with me changing how I acquire files as much as how I keep track of them.

piercerseth
06-02-2014, 06:38 PM
meg, have a look at http://flexget.com/ when you get a chance.

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks, ps. Glanced at it; see its potential. Will have to do some reading to see how/if it will monitor the private sites I use. I like that it works with IMDB! Good find, do you use it yourself?

piercerseth
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks, ps. Glanced at it; see its potential. Will have to do some reading to see how/if it will monitor the private sites I use. I like that it works with IMDB! Good find, do you use it yourself?
I don't. More a heads-up than a ringing endorsement. I'm kinda curmudgeonly in the automation dept.

megabyteme
06-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't. More a heads-up than a ringing endorsement. I'm kinda curmudgeonly in the automation dept.

I have yet to even try automation, but there are so many components of what I asked for in flexget that it might be worth experimenting with. Other than Idol's :ermm: , this thread has been filled with valuable suggestions. :D

IdolEyes787
06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
I have yet to even try automation, but there are so many components of what I asked for in flexget that it might be worth experimenting with. Other than Idol's :ermm: , this thread has been filled with valuable suggestions. :D

Mine was the most helpful as identifying a problem,in this case you being a loser,is the first step to finding a solution. :)

Stehle
06-03-2014, 03:38 AM
meg, have a look at http://flexget.com/ when you get a chance.

Bookmarked it! Thanks! :)

(I may use it someday if the fog clears in my brain... it is interesting though.) :alien:

torrentus
03-01-2015, 10:30 PM
I also often have the same problem that I just do not know what to watch cause it's rather often that you read the description of the movie that doesnt impress but after watching the film you are suprised how good it was. So i just go to any movie sits that offers a rank for most popular movies like here (http://justmoviez.to/popular.html) for example and check the list for what people watch the most now. I must say the majority of the most popular movies are good.