PDA

View Full Version : Remaking Terminator?

Trythepie
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Just saw this at IMDB:
Terminator: Genesis (2015)

The plot is undisclosed at this time.

Writers: James Cameron and others...

Stars: Emilia Clarke ( Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor

Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

The first installment of a trilogy of "Terminator" films.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film as The Terminator in 12-years, since
"Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines". Schwarzenegger was replaced by
a digital computer graphics version, for the previous film "Terminator Salvation".

Emilia Clarke's Game of Thrones co-star Lena Headey previously played
Sarah Connor on the television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It is possible that Schwarzenegger's T-101 may come from the world of Terminator: Salvation
and is sent by Christian Bale's John Connor to protect younger Sarah (Emilia Clarke).
Since the trilogy is a reboot, it is most likely it will disregard T1, T2, T3 and T4 and start a
fresh series, just as Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are
installments within a new Planet of the Apes franchise, which ignores the events of the earlier movies.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
I'm in! :yup:
Could be great! :w00t:

outrated
06-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Just saw this at IMDB:
Terminator: Genesis (2015)

The plot is undisclosed at this time.

Writers: James Cameron and others...

Stars: Emilia Clarke ( Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor

Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

The first installment of a trilogy of "Terminator" films.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film as The Terminator in 12-years, since
"Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines". Schwarzenegger was replaced by
a digital computer graphics version, for the previous film "Terminator Salvation".

Emilia Clarke's Game of Thrones co-star Lena Headey previously played
Sarah Connor on the television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It is possible that Schwarzenegger's T-101 may come from the world of Terminator: Salvation
and is sent by Christian Bale's John Connor to protect younger Sarah (Emilia Clarke).
Since the trilogy is a reboot, it is most likely it will disregard T1, T2, T3 and T4 and start a
fresh series, just as Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are
installments within a new Planet of the Apes franchise, which ignores the events of the earlier movies.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
I'm in! :yup:
Could be great! :w00t:

I heard that there was a new trilogy coming out, thanks for confirming it! really can't wait to see these.

IdolEyes787
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
The original Terminator was good so this "reboot" is totally unnecessary and hence merely another money grab demonstrating precisely how creatively bankrupt Hollywood has become.

As this film will probably follow along the lines of the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles*,except a bigger budget allowing for more mindless FX what could this possibly add to the story?

Also who barring mental patients,wants to see an almost 70 year old Arnold play a Terminator?

*Dany replacing Cersei.Nice bit of unimaginative casting, unimaginative wanks.

I heard that there was a new trilogy coming out, thanks for confirming it! really can't wait to see these.

Could anyone thinking this is a great idea please give their age so I can have some reference point on where bad taste begins and ends.

outrated
06-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I heard that the machines will be able to age in these as old Arny is getting on a bit, I don't mind follow up films but will say that T3 was rubbish but they pulled it back with T4 Salvation, I knew watched the The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so can compare them.

megabyteme
06-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Also who barring mental patients,wants to see an almost 70 year old Arnold play a Terminator?

Yor ter-min-at-ed, Sonny. [*smashes T-1000 in head with walker* followed by BIG CGI EXPLOSION!!!!!1]

IdolEyes787
06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I heard that the machines will be able to age ....

Yeah because that makes the utmost sense.:mellow:

Also clearly my Walkman is a Terminator.

piercerseth
06-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Introducing Skynet's latest model: AARP-101. Now somebody call John Milius and get fucking King Conan made already.

megabyteme
06-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Now somebody call John Milius and get fucking King Conan made already.

Seriously. Loooooong overdue. Wanted to see it since the first time I ever saw the original. :emo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4smBOiJ78I

Buzz is they are doing Conan Legends instead.

Trythepie
06-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Well the way GOOGLE is buying up robotics companies and planning to launch communication satellites
they are well on the way to building SKYnet.

So a reboot or retelling may be needed.
No one enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek?

Hey, I liked Arnold's latest two movies.
Last Stand, where he couldn't bother changing out of his workout suit
into a Sheriff's costume after driving to the Set.
Love movies set in that area of the US/Mexico.
(Wild Bunch, Magnificent 7,).

IdolEyes787
06-03-2014, 04:34 PM
There's really no winning with a new Conan movie.It basically needs to be a hard R like the original and nobody nowadays is going to do that as they are greatly limiting their potential profits audience.
Also who's around nowadays that's a fit to play Conan? Please don't say Jason Momao.

Personally I would try for a smaller budget Red Sonja (easy to recoup the budget in oversea sales as foreigners are a bloodthirsty bunch) and work in a cameo ie "test" Conan and see if the audience warms to that actor.
If it flies then come back with a large scale version where you have already proven your market/commodity.

Well the way GOOGLE is buying up robotics companies and planning to launch communication satellites
they are well on the way to building SKYnet.

So a reboot or retelling may be needed.
No one enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek?

Hey, I liked Arnold's latest two movies.
Last Stand, where he couldn't bother changing out of his workout suit
into a Sheriff's costume after driving to the Set.
Love movies set in that area of the US/Mexico.
(Wild Bunch, Magnificent 7,).

Star Trek was OK but a pale imitation of the original show so by those standards a failure.
The Last Stand was horrible and could have been shot any place as except the the inherent need for a border the sets/scenery where pretty generic and didn't make good/any use of the locale.

Also are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?
Sam Peckinpah created The Wild Bunch as a metaphor for the ending of an era while some music video director create The Last Stand as some way to get a directing credit on his resume.:mellow:

Anyway if you want to talk films that are infused with a sense of place then you need to talk something like Badlands or Fargo.

piercerseth
06-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Buzz is they are doing Conan Legends instead.
I'm cautiously optimistic. If James Cameron wasn't so busy playing Jacques Costeau or making 18 more Avatar films, I'd say another True Lies would be welcome.

TAlso are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?
Sam Peckinpah created The Wild Bunch as a metaphor for the ending of an era while some music video director create The Last Stand as some way to get a directing credit on his resumeJee-woon helmed a very strong western a few years back along with a couple other solid genre flicks. Seems anytime you bring an asian director stateside they shit the bed for whatever reason. On that same subject, John Woo certainly wouldn't be famous without Peckinpah.

megabyteme
06-03-2014, 05:05 PM
There's really no winning with a new Conan movie.It basically needs to be a hard R like the original and nobody nowadays is going to do that as they are greatly limiting their potential profits audience.
Also who's around nowadays that's a fit to play Conan? Please don't say Jason Momao.

I don't seem to remember the Momo movie pulling many punches graphically. Still don't believe he deserved to play the role- although it could have been worse, honestly.

The Blackfarmer is seemingly thirsty to make some quick cash before disappearing in the Cali sun. King would be a good way for him to do that. Legends would not have the same kind of appeal.

I'm cautiously optimistic. If James Cameron wasn't so busy playing Jacques Costeau or making 18 more Avatar films, I'd say another True Lies would be welcome.

Cameron gave us several good shows, but I don't expect anything besides weak sequels from him in the future. True Lies wouldn't appeal to me mainly because the script would undoubtedly result in something closely resembling the Spy Kids series. Their secrets are out in the open; not much but rehashing once-liked characters now forced to return for a paycheck you-are-the-only-one-who-can-save-the-world scenario.

piercerseth
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
not much but rehashing once-liked characters now forced to return for a paycheck you-are-the-only-one-who-can-save-the-world scenario.
Good point, but it's kind of de rigueur in Hollywood. Plus, Tom Arnold gotta eat.

megabyteme
06-04-2014, 01:55 AM
I tried to find it and couldn't, but I remember an interview with Tom Arnold in which he said something to the effect of, [My future career plans are to do two or three bombs, a sequel to True Lies, two or three more bombs, another sequel to True Lies...]. Nobody can say he doesn't have Hollywood figured out. :no:

Trythepie
06-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Also are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?

Anyway if you want to talk films that are infused with a sense of place then you need to talk something like Badlands or Fargo.

No. I'm not comparing TWB with TLS.

Over the years I've watched The Wild Bunch a few times. Owned it on video tape, dvd and now
bluray. Gets better with each viewing.

TLS yeah it was so bad it was good. I didn't expect much. So something like having
Arnold back doing old Arnold sleepwalking was entertaining.

I don't want to talk a sense of place that includes ND and Fargo/Badlands.
Not favorites of mine. Frack those anti-heroes

They Came to Cordura, The Appaloosa: Two others that give me that sense of old Mexico.

megabyteme
06-04-2014, 01:15 PM
TLS yeah it was so bad it was good.

You're half right. :mellow:

Stehle
06-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Introducing Skynet's latest model: AARP-101...

Good for the first smile this morning. :)

(...now that is done, where did my teeth get to????) :alien:

IdolEyes787
06-04-2014, 04:55 PM
TLS yeah it was so bad it was good.

You're half right. :mellow:

Glass half full.:idunno:

Anyway as we were talking Westerns,Open Range and Appaloosa which are at their core,essentially the same film.

Maan
06-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Yet, another Terminator movie?
I watch -- when will it be posted?:D

op was talking mexican-flavored movies, is Open Range a Mexican one?

keakzzz
06-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey Hollywood, how about something NEW?!

kenbina
08-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Bring back Arnie