PDA

View Full Version : Harder to Find posted games

monty0924
06-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Does anyone have advice on finding games - I find that they are almost always gone within a few hours

megabyteme
06-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Get yourself 1 or 2 reliable private torrent sites that have the content you are looking for. There are benefits to usenet, but private torrents are less likely to suffer from takedowns. Diversify your resources and get the best for your circumstances.

Progress
06-06-2014, 05:28 AM
http://www.nzbgrabit.cz/

dave_wilson
06-06-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.nzbgrabit.cz/

So you link him to a nzb site? Not a great answer. About as useful as me replying to yours but I felt I needed to reply.

Beck38
06-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have advice on finding games - I find that they are almost always gone within a few hours

Probably means that whoever is posting doesn't take even the most minimum steps to protect the upload (i.e., obfuscation/encryption) and are counting on you running some autograbber system to grab things quickly (which may or may not be quick enough in the long run).

You may need to find a site that handles obfuscated/encrypted uploads... or find that (perhaps) someone with some brains posts things correctly; probably, though, like tv/movies, smarts to do so by the 'kiddies' who traffic in such may be in very short supply.

You may find that going the 'torrent' route has it's pitfalls as well, but you may need to spread your 'net' wide to find what you're looking for.

Progress
06-06-2014, 07:46 PM
@ dave_wilson Its not indexer its a forum they password the uploads, etc.

piercerseth
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM
OP could start by being less vague. Console, PC, handheld, what format? What provider is he/she using, etc?

Outside the vip section all their spots are sourced from the same groups as everyone elses.

dave_wilson
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
OP could start by being less vague. Console, PC, handheld, what format? What provider is he/she using, etc?

Outside the vip section all their spots are sourced from the same groups as everyone elses.

Hmm, I am lost now. Piercerseth - what do you mean?

piercerseth
06-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Hmm, I am lost now. Piercerseth - what do you mean?
Outside of the VIP section I've seen their gaming spots (content sighted/spotted/relayed maybe not necessarily posted to usenet by grabit members or originating from the site), and they're not passworded as mentioned earlier.

Not to say it's a bad site. Ace, 9bz, all those guys work hard.