PDA

View Full Version : Closed thread??

terra
06-09-2014, 09:58 AM
I have probably miised something and I'm probably posting in the wrong thread. However, it would appear that the welcome thread is closed. if that is the case, Hi guys. if thats not the case please let me know how I can enter.

Thank you

megabyteme
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Somebody can't take a hint. :noes:

Yeah, appears closed to me, too. Not sure why. Welcome!

anon
06-09-2014, 01:08 PM
You need to donate $5 for the welcome thread to open, and another five to post within :smilie4:

On a serious note, I have no idea why it was locked. Maybe it was getting too big. :wacko:

Mr. Mulder
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe it was getting too big. :wacko:

megabyteme
06-09-2014, 05:16 PM
You need to donate $5 for the welcome thread to open, and another five to post within :smilie4:

Don't give RealtY any ideas. :fear:

Skiz
06-09-2014, 06:09 PM
I have probably miised something and I'm probably posting in the wrong thread. However, it would appear that the welcome thread is closed. if that is the case, Hi guys. if thats not the case please let me know how I can enter.

Thank you

You don't need to post "hi" in some silly welcome thread. If you need to get your 2 posts, POST SOMETHING RELEVANT that adds to a discussion on the board. Otherwise, your posts will be deleted anyways.

megabyteme
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
To terra's credit, the post made here was relevant, and effort was made to express an idea. We've seen much worse. I recently made a joke account (All, which can be deleted now that the welcome thread has been closed) and new people are given a reminder at the top of their screen to go make their first post in the welcome thread. Maybe this has been changed in the past couple days, but it may be of benefit to change that message to something similar to what you just said about making valuable posts, Skiz.

Skiz
06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
To terra's credit, the post made here was relevant, and effort was made to express an idea. We've seen much worse. I recently made a joke account (All, which can be deleted now that the welcome thread has been closed) and new people are given a reminder at the top of their screen to go make their first post in the welcome thread. Maybe this has been changed in the past couple days, but it may be of benefit to change that message to something similar to what you just said about making valuable posts, Skiz.

I opened it. I closed it a couple days ago but if people are just going to start new threads asking why they can't say hello in a welcome thread, then what's the point.

I can add something to the sticky but I don't think anyone really reads the stickies when they join a new board. I never do.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2014, 07:23 PM
You don't need to post "hi" in some silly welcome thread. If you need to get your 2 posts, POST SOMETHING RELEVANT that adds to a discussion on the board. Otherwise, your posts will be deleted anyways. Every post be it "relevant" or not is equally ignored by 99.9% of the supposed "members" of this supposed forum so I think you are being a tad Nazi in picking on one specific thread.

I mean seriously,is "Hi,I'm a noob" any worse than "I use Eset" or "My favourite movie is The Dark Knight series". So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to be fair ,which you probably don't,then either delete everything that smacks of insincerity and inanity which is basically everything or else leave everything and just deal with it.

megabyteme
06-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I opened it. I closed it a couple days ago but if people are just going to start new threads asking why they can't say hello in a welcome thread, then what's the point.

I can add something to the sticky but I don't think anyone really reads the stickies when they join a new board. I never do.

All of this insincerity kinda strikes at my views on the "community". I was always of the mind that people wanted to be part of something. Turns out they were only posting/participating with personal interest in mind. Now that it is easy to get into trackers, there is little need for people to pretend they give a fuk. :emo:

IdolEyes787
06-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Make that 100%.

megabyteme
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Make that 100%.

I'm part of the rounding error. :snooty:

Artemis
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM

You just know there are going to be a whole raft of new 'hi I'm new here' freds splattered throughout the lounge as well. It's your job to take out the trash so hiding one of the rubbish bins doesn't seem a good idea.... :blink:

Something Else
06-11-2014, 09:08 AM
My favourite movie is The Dark Knight series

I'm very disappointed. I gave you more credit than that. :no:

IdolEyes787
06-11-2014, 11:53 AM
My favourite movie is The Dark Knight series

Yeah like I believe that.

Artemis
06-12-2014, 03:20 AM