PDA

View Full Version : Adverts, download limits, general hassle

Gribley
06-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Is there a way to get rid of these from my life (clearly "don`t come here" is the obvious response). I post good links, I am a nice person, I post useful detailed responses to other posts... but all this ad link stuff is starting to get really annoying

So is there a nice poster type rank between paying and contributor?

Flame away as required but I think it is a fair request on my part :S

Skiz
06-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Can you be more specific on what you mean by "ad link stuff"?

Also, I think the limit right now is at 10/day? Seems pretty reasonable for free stuff.

I know you were looking for suggestions other than donating, but if you enjoy the site, a donation for a year is less than a $1/month and gives you unlimited downloads. Otherwise, to answer your question, no, there isn't an 'in-between' rank.

Gribley
06-11-2014, 04:47 AM
The extra tabs "Astraweb", the extra buttons on NZB posts which are really just more ads.... yes the 10 a day limit is fine (can use combine option which doesn`t seem to have a per/post limit), didn`t really need more :)

Anyhow you answered the question perfectly well so I`ll just carry on ignoring them or I guess I can always write a new filter in AdMuncher to get rid of them anyway :D

Cheers
Grib

Skiz
06-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Or you could just click on some of them once and a while. To, you know, support the site and members that hand deliver your every entertainment need.

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Is there a way to get rid of these from my life (clearly "don`t come here" is the obvious response). I post good links, I am a nice person, I post useful detailed responses to other posts... but all this ad link stuff is starting to get really annoying

So is there a nice poster type rank between paying and contributor?

Flame away as required but I think it is a fair request on my part :S

You've made a grand total of 23 posts since September 2008. That's almost 4 per year. Personally, I'd put you in a special 'Parasite' class. A group that can fuck the fuck off. :dry:

Not even spamming/flaming here. I mean it. Who the fuck needs you around? Bitch about having to look at ads when you bring nothing else to the board. Seriously, go away.

piercerseth
06-11-2014, 06:20 AM
You've made a grand total of 23 posts since September 2008. That's almost 4 per year. Personally, I'd put you in a special 'Parasite' class. A group that can fuck the fuck off. :dry:

Not even spamming/flaming here. I mean it. Who the fuck needs you around? Bitch about having to look at ads when you bring nothing else to the board. Seriously, go away.
Remember those 23 posts don't reflect what he contributes in/to the nzb comment section. He does in fact post meaningful stuff :)

Gribley
06-11-2014, 06:43 AM

Remember those 23 posts don't reflect what he contributes in/to the nzb comment section. He does in fact post meaningful stuff :)

Thanks for the backup. I know you are very active in our little world of NNTP and my post count doesn`t reflect anything I actually supply. I didn`t expect a warm welcome to the post but that other response was a bit OTT, anyhow thanks for your kind words makes me not want to just f* off etc :D

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Then I'll take your word for it. Regardless, it is a petty thing to bitch about. As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.

Tired of all the dead weight floating around here. Bitching about ads. Bitching about making 2 lousy posts. Bitching about download limits in a free section. :angry:

Gribley
06-11-2014, 06:52 AM
As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.

Does that actually get rid of the random buttons/tabs? Not looking at banners as they are blocked anyway.... please notice the way I am NOT doing the incite for flame war

piercerseth
06-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Then I'll take your word for it. Regardless, it is a petty thing to bitch about. As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.

Tired of all the dead weight floating around here. Bitching about ads. Bitching about making 2 lousy posts. Bitching about download limits in a free section. :angry: I get it, and your points are valid. The vets are tired of the shit posts and I am too. Just trying to keep this thread from blowing up.

Gribley
06-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Please just kill the whole thread... I knew it might be a mistake and clearly it started fine, and was happy with Mod response, but I really don`t want to get a ban for no reason in some kind of escalation of this. I assume you can lock/kill it?

Skiz
06-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Please just kill the whole thread... I knew it might be a mistake and clearly it started fine, and was happy with Mod response, but I really don`t want to get a ban for no reason in some kind of escalation of this. I assume you can lock/kill it?

This isn't a bittorrent tracker. We don't ban ppl for speaking their mind. Continue on if you wish. Move on if not. Sometimes heated discussions are what foster good debate.

Gribley
06-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Continue on if you wish. Move on if not.

I like and appreciate your zen like style :)

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 08:24 AM
I came on strong, but yours seemed to be just another pathetic whine from those who cannot be bothered to do anything but bitch.

What is it you actually contribute that you believe would warrant you special treatment- beyond the normal free use of the site, free downloads, etc.?

You say "thanks" a lot, or something? :unsure:

Gribley
06-11-2014, 08:27 AM
I came on strong, but yours seemed to be just another pathetic whine from those who cannot be bothered to do anything but bitch.

What is it you actually contribute that you believe would warrant you special treatment- beyond the normal free use of the site, free downloads, etc.?

You say "thanks" a lot, or something? :unsure:

Yes it did if you don`t hang out in the NZB section. Sorry to offend

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm approaching 12k posts, there are many here (or who have moved on) who have dwarfed that number. I do not believe any of us have ever requested that all forms of advertisements (which support the site- and keep it free) be stricken from our sight out of entitlement for making use of the site.

In short, you are using something provided to you for free, and you want to be removed from any and all support of the site because you use it more than others. :mellow:

Gribley
06-11-2014, 08:50 AM
.... you want to be removed from any and all support of the site because you use it more than others. :mellow:

Yes you have many posts, and you are a very active forum member. I do support via posting NZB downloads.

Did I expect special treatment? No I was happy there is no in-between status that Skiz said already and hence I think this thread should die as we`ll just end up butting heads at this rate which helps no-one

IdolEyes787
06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Gribley you seem like a reasonable woman so I'm assuming that you're with me when I suggest we take it upon ourselves to hunt and the evil owner of this ridiculous forum and strangle him by his pencil thin neck until he gives us what is rightfully ours.
Afterwards if we are feeling especially empowered then we can celebrate by offing ourselves.:)

Also on some days I feel that I am really the only thing happening on this site so ergo this site and I can honestly tell you that you have done jackshit for me,you whining bitch.
However being basically Mother Teresa with muscles I may be wiling to overlook your continued uselessness and recent insolence if you shoot me a few bucks.
The bonus is that in doing so you will also be showing the youth of the nation that money solves all problems.:)

Gribley
06-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Yes again please kill this thread.... thanks for the proof of pointless magnet this has caused :S

IdolEyes787
06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
I totally respect your right to no sense of humour.

Gribley
06-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I totally respect your right to no sense of humour.
Thanks

IdolEyes787
06-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Btw if you really want to kill this thread then I think the surest course would be to take out it's source.:)

Gribley
06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Don`t get me wrong I like the word play etc (directed at me, whatever). I want this thread to die because I had my answer at the top so the rest of this is just pointless and yes super fun to banter around but does that make a post worth anything more?? you`ve been here a long time so do you think this is adding anything?

anon
06-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I may be wiling to overlook your continued uselessness and recent insolence if you shoot me a few bucks.

Last edited by RealitY; Today at 09:09.

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 03:07 PM
However being basically Mother Teresa with muscles

Yes, she was a hideously ugly woman. Certainly two things you've got experience being. :yup:

Gribley
06-11-2014, 03:12 PM
The thread is alive.... it has own gravitational pull and life of its' own. I so wish I could kill it :S please I had my answer at post 2 or 3 so can we please start adding bumf to some other thread :D

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 03:26 PM
You'll get me to stop choking Idol when you pry his cold, lifeless body from my hands.

And out from under my boots.

Gribley
06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
At this rate I can really bump up my post count.... guess that is a bonus

megabyteme
06-11-2014, 03:33 PM
At this rate I can really bump up my post count.... guess that is a bonus

I know. Now you're averaging like 6 per year. :P

Gribley
06-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Be up their at 6.00000001 very soon. Like my WOT win rate (my WoT win rate being +/- 6... *cough* etc)