PDA

View Full Version : Need More Space, Please...

megabyteme
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
I post quite a few pics in the "Change One Letter" Game, and elsewhere on the site. I have been out of space for the past couple months. I've tried deleting older pics, but the system only allows certain ones to be deleted- usually not ones that I'd want removed, TBH.

Any way I can get some more bawl room? These standard issue tighty whities are cramping my forumular splooges.

Recently, I've started using Tinypic, which seems reliable about 85% of the time. Not nearly as reliable as our home system.

Bottom line: My nutz are full, and the massive load cannot be constrained with 95MB. :no:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2il0kte.jpg

Skiz
06-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Can't really do it for an individual user. It would have to be the whole poster/member/veteran/etc group I think.

http://imgur.com/ works brilliantly.

megabyteme
06-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Will try imgur. Granted, I'll probably get stuck reading comments and forget to feed my kids ever again. :(

IdolEyes787
06-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Can't Meg just have all the space not used by the legions of "members" whose sole contribution to this site is to post "hi" twice in the Welcome thread?:unsure:

Seriously as of late the disingenuous hellos have even gotten shorter as apparently anything over 2 words is too much of an effort for these parasites.

anon
06-21-2014, 04:00 PM
RealtY had to delete a truckload of Skizo's posts to make room for your images, Meg. I hope you're happy. :nono:

megabyteme
06-21-2014, 04:10 PM
RealtY had to delete a truckload of Skizo's posts to make room for your images, Meg. I hope you're happy. :nono:

I'm still maxed out. Perhaps he could try deleting Idol. :devil:

IdolEyes787
06-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Fine by me,tribadistic.I've truthfully been seriously contemplating leaving anyway.

I mean seriously if I feel like talking to myself I might as well do it without the hassle of having a password to remember.

Plus whenever I have issues of storage space in my brain I just forget other stuff.
Can't say that I've as of yet crossed out two entire years though.
Also I'm more of a benevolent dictator as concerns myself.:)

RealitY
06-21-2014, 05:53 PM
The permissions are set though usergroups and file type. It appears all types are 5mb now. We could set posters with 10mb perhaps. Though wede need know which image type to increase. You might try deleting some images you have now. Not sure how you would do that though...

megabyteme
06-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I've truthfully been seriously contemplating leaving anyway.[...]
Can't say that I've as of yet crossed out two entire years though.

I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who tolerate you.

How would you know? :unsure:

The permissions are set though usergroups and file type. It appears all types are 5mb now. We could set posters with 10mb perhaps. Though wede need know which image type to increase. You might try deleting some images you have now. Not sure how you would do that though...

Individual file size has been fine, I am out of total space. Most of the files I post are under 100kb, but they do accumulate. One word game I play is more fun if an appropriate image is included. I'm not a space hog, but am a frequent site user.

Attachment stats:
You are currently using 95.35 MB to store 796 uploaded attachments.

I may be the only one who has reached this limit. That said, would it really hurt anything to increase the limit for Veteran class members as we are not likely to be commercial spammers who negatively burden the server?

Skiz
06-21-2014, 06:16 PM
You have 800 attachments? :wacko:

Shirley some of those are in the 20 dollar thread prior to 2/18/14. All those posts are in the trash now anyhow. Maybe just delete all you attachments older than a year. It isn't likely anyone is looking at them anyhow.

megabyteme
06-21-2014, 06:27 PM
You have 800 attachments? :wacko:

Shirley some of those are in the 20 dollar thread prior to 2/18/14. All those posts are in the trash now anyhow. Maybe just delete all you attachments older than a year. It isn't likely anyone is looking at them anyhow.

I've tried that. Actually, no matter how I go into My Attachments, it shows no option to delete most of them. I believe it has to do with threads being locked, but I am not 100% on that. That does seem to be the case from times I have tried to navigate individual threads to delete, but does not match with ones from the Change One Letter game.

Skiz
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Is there an "edit photo option" at the top right? That's what I have to do to delete images. Tho I wouldn't want to do that 800 times even if it is there. At some point tho, even if storage size is made larger, you're going to have to start deleting images.

IdolEyes787
06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm assuming he considers it the legacy he's leaving to his children and so would be hard pressed to give them up.

megabyteme
06-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Is there an "edit photo option" at the top right? That's what I have to do to delete images. Tho I wouldn't want to do that 800 times even if it is there. At some point tho, even if storage size is made larger, you're going to have to start deleting images.

Seriously, I have tried multiple ways. Including just a second ago, I clicked to the oldest of them and selected "all" on that page. Pressed the "delete selected" button. Most of the time, the same exact ones remain even after doing so. However, I am certain I am not doing anything wrong because I have been successful deleting some with the exact same technique.

This is also a simplified version of the routine for deleting PMs. Done that successfully, too.

I realize there is not an infinite amount of space to be had, but I've managed to make 95MB last since '09, and for 800 attachments. Make the space 250MB, and I won't bother anyone about it again until New Years 2017. :)

I'm assuming he considers it the legacy he's leaving to his children and so would be hard pressed to give them up.

Might as well since they aren't likely to receive wealth or wisdom.

RealitY
06-21-2014, 08:36 PM
The Veteran group is set rank in Poster group now. Which adding more for that group is fine. Would need to know the type of file though. Its not lumped to total as it should likely be though. Its 5mb for jpg and gif and others also. If theres any thread in trash with attachments we could simply delete that...

megabyteme
06-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I tend to post everywhere. If you wanted to go the route of deleting old threads, the word games section that is already closed would be a good start. Doubt anyone is reading back on those.

A total of 95MB just does not go that far for someone who actually makes use of the forum. If I am the only one who has "maxed out" then increasing the total will not effect much, will it? It isn't like I am using the site to store my DVD collection. Just posting pics that make the site more colorful/interesting. :)

RealitY
06-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Would deleting say 100 your oldest attachments work for you...

mjmacky
06-22-2014, 07:37 PM
If I remember correctly, this forum did not always behave well with hosting images from another site, and instead tended to rely on attachments. I remember using links to externally hosted images and it would be converted to an attachment here, and in other cases, the image wouldn't show if you didn't attach. That may have something to do with those changes in the white list.

In any case, if we have to rely on the attachment system rather than an easy bbcode system, it would be much more useful to expand the file limit restrictions. Anybody that approaches the current limits might post a lot anyway, so I imagine you could just tweak it by user class.

For example, you could make Meg pay money to access a 1 GB system and pray that his gun doesn't accidentally blow off the tip of either his or your penis.

I nearly reached that limit awhile ago, so I just stopped participating in the forum as much. OK, well that last part was more influenced by the realization that months and months of posts could simply vanish into the aether.

IdolEyes787
06-22-2014, 08:12 PM
For example, you could make Meg pay money to access a 1 GB system and pray that his gun doesn't accidentally blow off the tip of either his or your penis.

If guns are something that someone has for home protection then how come gun ownership increases your home insurance premiums?

megabyteme
06-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Would deleting say 100 your oldest attachments work for you...

Is that something you can do, because I've tried. However, 100 attachments would simply get added back as I posted new pics in the Change One Letter game. Might only buy about 30-45 days of playing, TBH.

If guns are something that someone has for home protection then how come gun ownership increases your home insurance premiums?

Was never asked about gun ownership regarding our home insurance. Maybe they just assumed because I was dressed like this when we bought the premium:

http://i.imgur.com/09xGyZG.jpg?1

pootystomp
06-23-2014, 03:24 AM
I figured it out, you need to Change your username to Gigabyteme. Mega was fine in April of '09, but the times they are a changin.

piercerseth
06-23-2014, 03:39 AM
I figured it out, you need to Change your username to Gigabyteme. Mega was fine in April of '09, but the times they are a changin.

640 attachments ought to be enough for anybody.

megabyteme
06-23-2014, 06:54 AM

http://i.imgur.com/yxbsQEJ.gif?1

*Note: I had to use IMGUR to host this* :pinch:

anon
06-24-2014, 02:09 AM

There is no reason for any individual to have an attachment in their post.

tesco
06-25-2014, 09:58 PM

I prefer using attachments because 5, 10, 15 years from now you can look back at the thread and the images links are still working.
How many times have you found a thread through google full of images with dead links?

megabyteme
06-25-2014, 11:38 PM
I prefer using attachments because 5, 10, 15 years from now you can look back at the thread and the images links are still working.
How many times have you found a thread through google full of images with dead links?

Of course you are absolutely correct for the site, tesco. I believe you are missing both of their historical references, though.

piercerseth
06-26-2014, 12:34 AM

Of course you are absolutely correct for the site, tesco. I believe you are missing both of their historical references, though.

Ok, ok, ok. We'll double the number of attachments every 18 months. Fair?

megabyteme
06-26-2014, 07:05 AM
How is this possible with a server that has only 1,000 vacuum tubes and only weighs 1 1/2 tons?

tesco
06-26-2014, 09:16 PM

Of course you are absolutely correct for the site, tesco. I believe you are missing both of their historical references, though.:blushing:

kiran
01-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Shirley some of those are in the 20 dollar thread prior to 2/18/14. All those posts are in the trash now anyhow. Maybe just delete all you attachments older than a year. It isn't likely anyone is looking at them anyhow

Skiz
01-26-2015, 04:54 PM
:eyebrows: