PDA

View Full Version : Describe your Usenet Usage (bits/BYTES over x time)

Beck38
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I've always been somewhat (amused?) by the postings in the 'Describe your USENET Setup' thread, and I went back the other day and totaled up the last 18 months/year and a half worth of usage, and it was abut what I figured.

20TBytes (a bit over 1TB/Month). Of course, this is with what (many? most?) would figure is a pretty slow connection (but expensive in my particular circumstance at present) but that figure is 98+% upstream, so that's what I 'feed the monster' so to speak.

Things will (radically) change when I get off my rear and move in the next x months to where I can get 10x faster at half the cost (lots of other costs go down as well, which is primarily why the move).

trickyrat
06-26-2014, 04:53 PM
My Usenet subscription limits me to 30GB a month. Unless I pay for an extra block, which I do every other month or so.

So, about 50GB / month for me.

(Mind you, I was pretty shocked recently to see my overall Internet usage is now running into multi-hundreds of GB per month. Blame it on YouTube and TV stations who offer "catch up" - BBC iPlayer, etc.)

chakara
06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
I've installed Newsleecher on April 1st 2013 and the counter is at 4,074.8 GB

So that would be 270GB per month.

piercerseth
06-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Like chakara, maybe 250-325GB/mo? Not counting the headers I grab daily (additional ~25-30GB/mo). Summer time is usually slower, so I may not hit those numbers in the next month or two.

Rart
06-26-2014, 11:57 PM
I mostly started using Usenet as it was easier on my traffic limits at my school than BT was. Now that I'm back at home and BT more convenient for me to find older TV shows (mostly what I download) I haven't been using Usenet at much. Mostly about 10 gigs a month from me now.

Zedster
06-27-2014, 02:18 PM
I've never checked this before, but this month its 120 GB. Total since I began according to SABnzb is 3.6 TB

I'm sure it must show me my uptime somewhere, to work out my monthly average, but not sure where it is.

Great place to be by the way, and reliable links to content too.