PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Friends (720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD)

johnjohnson
07-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm currently having trouble with some episodes from the collection of "Friends.S01-S10.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD"

More specifically 'Friends.S01E22.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD', 'Friends.S01E23.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD' & 'Friends.S01E24.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD'.

I have Unlimited Astraweb as the main provider and,
Blocknews, Giganews, Newsdemon and Supernews as slave-servers, and as you could imagine I normally don't have any problems getting content.

But none of the slaves will get the missing blocks filled with these, and it's beginning to bother me.

Does anybody out there know of a provider that could help me get the job done ??

I would be very greatful to be pointed in the right direction :)

Beck38
07-07-2014, 01:37 AM
1. Where did you get the nzb's for these somewhat old postings (a quick look showed that they are ~600 days old)

2. You did select or generate that nzb off the actual posting, the ones with reasonable sizes and such (~1.1GB from what my search came up with)

3. Your newsreader (not specified?) is operating correctly?

4. A quick 'test' (via nzbcc) of the Friends.S01E22.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD nzb generated by nzbindex showed that it was ~95% complete on Astraweb/US (and EU for that matter) and that there were ~10% pars (a bit small by my reckoning, as something that small (1GB) should have >20% but that's me).

5. A quick d/l from Astra/US was successful, with only just a bit of 'fills' from Astra/EU, and the result of 7.4% errors were repaired by the available pars.

So, what part of that d/l procedure did you run into your major problems? Hopefully you did generate that nzb from the actual posting... and hopefully your newsreader is running okay.

FYI, that posting apparently had been DMCA'd off of both Blocknews and Giganews way back whenever. But it still exists on both Astras (so much for the idea that Astra is the first and foremost to be whacked). As far as the others you mentioned, I didn't run them (testing or otherwise) as I figured something on that first file you listed, if it was good to go, that something else was the problem.

chakara
07-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Friends is one of those shows that was targeted heavily.

I can tell you it's gone on tweaknews and thecubenet.
From the post just above it seems that it's still there on AW although the poster (from what I understand) didn't actually download the files.
That's pretty interesting considering AW's reputation and my own personal experience in a AW vs TN test I did. I'll look into that before renewing my TN subscription.

Unless there's some hidden post still up somewhere, you'll have to use torrents.

pootystomp
07-08-2014, 02:06 AM
FYI, that posting apparently had been DMCA'd off of both Blocknews and Giganews way back whenever. But it still exists on both Astras (so much for the idea that Astra is the first and foremost to be whacked). As far as the others you mentioned, I didn't run them (testing or otherwise) as I figured something on that first file you listed, if it was good to go, that something else was the problem.

what do you use to determine if something has been dmca'd from a specific provider without trying it? I use tweaknews with astraweb backup and have trouble with some older stuff (veep s01 from immerse past e01) for example. Also, what's the setup in sab to connect to astral's eu server.

chakara
07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Using AW EU, I came up with 573 of 619 blocks. Using 5 par files, I was able to repair and extract the mkv.