PDA

View Full Version : [Request] HDBits.org

AuReDo
07-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello. What does it take to be deserving of an HDBits,org invite :) ? I can show proofs of speed or ratio if needed.
Thanks

IdolEyes787
07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Not that I pretend to know anything about stuff like this but I'm going to nonetheless go out on a limb and assume that deserving has very little to do with bt invites.

Also 'cause I'm lame and likely a homosexual I reviewed your post history and you wouldn't by any chance happen to be Beenie Man (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwTCLMx6W1I&feature=kp)?

Btw good luck with your request.I know that when Transforms:Age of Extinction drops,if I'm unable to watch it in pristine HD I will literally kill myself.

Rart
07-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Given how rare HDBits invites actually are, the only way you'd realistically get in is by committing unseemly acts of questionable sexuality to people who are in a position to give them. And since I haven't the slightest clue who those people are, you might be giving your services to a lot of people.

But then again seeing as how BTN and PTP have far more content than HDBits ever would and I'd pay money to anyone who could tell the difference in quality between those trackers and HDbits in a blind test (2 side by side images saying "Look! Look at these blotches in this image that isn't in that one!" doesn't count), I hope you give thought into putting your efforts somewhere more practical.

But if you're dead set on getting HDBits I'm just letting you know you have a long, long road ahead of you.

megabyteme
07-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I think the trick is to show you are EXTREMELY distraught over imaginary differences in quality, have massive amounts of bandwidth at your disposal, and frequent sites where these topics are of the utmost interest. If you can prove you are more fanatical than the others there, maybe you will be invited into the inner-sanctum of hula bula.

If this still appeals to you, perhaps you should look into Scientology to show you the way.

IdolEyes787
07-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Given how rare HDBits invites actually are, the only way you'd realistically get in is by committing unseemly acts of questionable sexuality to people who are in a position to give them. And since I haven't the slightest clue who those people are, you might be giving your services to a lot of people.

But then again seeing as how BTN and PTP have far more content than HDBits ever would and I'd pay money to anyone who could tell the difference in quality between those trackers and HDbits in a blind test (2 side by side images saying "Look! Look at these blotches in this image that isn't in that one!" doesn't count), I hope you give thought into putting your efforts somewhere more practical.

But if you're dead set on getting HDBits I'm just letting you know you have a long, long road ahead of you.

Rart since you're apparently staff and yet seem to have broken some sort of rule,if I report your transgression to you will you be a good lad and punish yourself?

See I'm pretty sure that you will since I hear that you are apparently majorly into the self flagellation.

AuReDo
07-10-2014, 07:54 PM

I'm not dead set on HDBits, i just want a tracker where I can find plenty of HD materials, 'cause the trackers I currently have doesn't have the shows I'm interested in in HD quality ? I missed a few years being an active member here, 'cause I had to concentrate on college and i'm a little behind with the latest "news" in old or new tracker, but now that I graduated, I just want to relax for a while and watch some TV series, but can't find them anywhere in HD. Could you recommend me some trackers where I can find HD materials, especially for TV Series ? Cause I reckon I'm never gonna enter HDBits, from the replies I got. Thanks !

megabyteme
07-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I'll point you to the section of the board that lists the current info we have on trackers. There (http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/) you'll get an idea of what is offered, how difficult they are to get into, etc.

I'd also suggest that this site exists through participation. Take a look around and see if you can find some things to offer such as movie reviews, general chat, invites, help to other members. Nobody likes a mooch- real world, or online.

Some sites have open signups, which you'll find here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/298326-BitTorrent-Sites-Open-for-Signup/page67?p=3746715#post3746715).

Rart
07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm not dead set on HDBits, i just want a tracker where I can find plenty of HD materials, 'cause the trackers I currently have doesn't have the shows I'm interested in in HD quality ? I missed a few years being an active member here, 'cause I had to concentrate on college and i'm a little behind with the latest "news" in old or new tracker, but now that I graduated, I just want to relax for a while and watch some TV series, but can't find them anywhere in HD. Could you recommend me some trackers where I can find HD materials, especially for TV Series ? Cause I reckon I'm never gonna enter HDBits, from the replies I got. Thanks !
Sure. You should easily be able to find most of the content you need on BTN/TVT.com/TVTro(freshon)/BMTV and they're all infinitely easier to get into then HDBits.

BTN is probably the hardest of the 4 to get into, but they do have recruitment at the PU forums of other sites. They are pretty much the best TV tracker bar none - the most amount of content, the easiest to seed at, the best retention, etc.

TVT should be easier to get into, has a lot of content as well, and is very easy to seed at. Only downside is I believe recently they switched to only TV rips. Which I don't personally care about too much but some quality obsessed users might.

I would not recommend BMTV but it is an option. It is extremely difficult to seed there and generally isn't worth the amount of ratio dancing you have to do.

I am personally not too familiar with TVTro (freshontv) but I have heard it's a decent site. It think it's open signups as well right now so you could check it out.

All of these sites are still infinitely easier to get into HDBits though, and most probably have more content than HDBits as well.

But yes, as MBM said, spending more time outside of the invite forum will increase your chances of finding someone willing to help you out. People generally don't like inviting people they know nothing about (unless your name is Ygritte).

IdolEyes787
07-10-2014, 08:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44LyYL3GkY

AuReDo
07-11-2014, 02:57 AM
Sure. You should easily be able to find most of the content you need on BTN/TVT.com/TVTro(freshon)/BMTV and they're all infinitely easier to get into then HDBits.

BTN is probably the hardest of the 4 to get into, but they do have recruitment at the PU forums of other sites. They are pretty much the best TV tracker bar none - the most amount of content, the easiest to seed at, the best retention, etc.

TVT should be easier to get into, has a lot of content as well, and is very easy to seed at. Only downside is I believe recently they switched to only TV rips. Which I don't personally care about too much but some quality obsessed users might.

I would not recommend BMTV but it is an option. It is extremely difficult to seed there and generally isn't worth the amount of ratio dancing you have to do.

I am personally not too familiar with TVTro (freshontv) but I have heard it's a decent site. It think it's open signups as well right now so you could check it out.

All of these sites are still infinitely easier to get into HDBits though, and most probably have more content than HDBits as well.

But yes, as MBM said, spending more time outside of the invite forum will increase your chances of finding someone willing to help you out. People generally don't like inviting people they know nothing about (unless your name is Ygritte).

Thank you for the information, all this trackers seem great. I will try to see now how should I manage to get into one of those. Also I will try to spend more time on the other sections of the forum, as you suggested, maybe help some other users as well. Thanks

absent_today
07-11-2014, 05:35 AM
PTP is so much better for archive movies I'm not really sure but does HDBits even has fast seeders on old torrents ?

Rart
07-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not a member of the site so don't take this as gospel, but my guess would be no.

Two things help retention: A specialized tracker where people are actually interested in the content, and active users.

I'm guessing since HDBits' users are more interested in the high definition part of the content, there would be less members who are really into TV shows/Movies and would download the less mainstream/older stuff. Thus retention would suffer compared to finding the equivalent on BTN/PTP.

And since HDBits has been closed for god knows how long the amount of active users is probably declining as well, which also would cause retention to suffer.

absent_today
07-12-2014, 11:48 AM
I can't see HDbits having more seeders on HD Content than PTP and on top of it PTP gets encodes from other trackers as well i.e AwesomeHD and only the best encode from several encodes gets the Golden Popcorn which is essentially freelech