PDA

View Full Version : What's the best NZB downloader? ie: Grabbit etc

Chops
07-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I've been using Grabbit for a while now and more and more I am finding missing articles. The reason for this thread was to ask what other people use and which seems the best, most reliable etc.

Regards,
Chops

chakara
07-13-2014, 05:42 PM
It's been asked before and missing articles most likely have nothing to do with your software, they're most likey gone from the servers.

copystuff
07-14-2014, 01:50 PM
SABnzbd is great you can check if the nzb is complete before downloading it.

MokomanMan
07-01-2015, 08:17 PM
SABnzbd is great you can check if the nzb is complete before downloading it. Yeah, I'm with copystuff on that. When I first started out with usenet I used Grabit before, too. But i switched because it would crash alot after a n hour or so if i had lots of stuff in my queue. Par2 errors were frequent too. SABnzbd I virtually have almost no problems with in comparison. I switched and never looked back. Plus I love the gui. Best free news reader IMHO.

vettmann
08-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Thanks, gonna try it.

Beck38
08-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Still using Newsrover as a 'news-reader' but Sabnzbd for nzb/binaries ever since it first came out.

liveon2legs
09-27-2015, 07:25 PM
NZBVortex is the best

dgrad04
09-28-2015, 09:29 PM
newsrover is the best. I like it

Hypatia
10-15-2015, 11:20 PM
nzbget

Stabber
10-30-2015, 07:06 AM
I've been using usenet explorer for a long time . It is by far the lightest on resources and the most configurable client out there

Gribley
11-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Old thread but I`m still going to throw in Newsbin (using many others keys for years now).... even better with the valid free key that WitchKing gave the link to. I come from the days of Forte Agent and uuencode/decode, base64, yEnc and running PAR (not that sub block crazy PAR2) repairs manually. All now so wrapped up which is why it made it the DMCA target but hey you have to pay the price for automation and ease of use.

drtxb
12-26-2015, 10:54 PM
I use unzbin simply and really easy. Would recommend but not sure if its easy to find anymore.

thulli14
01-11-2016, 06:48 AM
I use Sabnzb and it works great. Another one you might want to look into is Bintube. Bintube lets you stream as you are downloading which it freaking awesome.

tonyhalttunen
04-20-2016, 06:55 AM
NZBGet is an essential download tool for embedded systems

nebakke
05-06-2016, 11:54 AM
I'm on SabNZBd and have been for years now... Runs smoothly without a hitch.
Looking at this thread though, I noted the bit where someone pointed out that it can test whether the file is whole before downloading. Anyone know how to do that? Or does it do it automatically?

anon
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Looking at this thread though, I noted the bit where someone pointed out that it can test whether the file is whole before downloading. Anyone know how to do that?

Config -> Switches -> Queue -> enable "Check before download".

norway
05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
on this downl so can you upl max, what its max of downl for 30 days????

nebakke
05-10-2016, 02:10 AM
Looking at this thread though, I noted the bit where someone pointed out that it can test whether the file is whole before downloading. Anyone know how to do that?

Oh would you look at that! - Thanks heaps, be interesting to see how that goes.
Appreciate the help.

ALpHaMoNk
05-12-2016, 07:55 PM
been using alt.binz for users but i think it is time for me to change.

mjmacky
05-12-2016, 08:05 PM

Good luck with the public restrooms.

shaina
05-12-2016, 08:23 PM

:lol::lol:

Really i still use Alt.bins and it gives me no problems, but i like to do things manually so changing is not going to make my life easer.....

anon
05-13-2016, 01:58 PM

Nice avatar :smilie4:

ALpHaMoNk
05-20-2016, 06:19 PM
:lol::lol:

Really i still use Alt.bins and it gives me no problems, but i like to do things manually so changing is not going to make my life easer.....opps meant years and yeah i am very manual as well especially now with 50% of my Dls failing. i still use auto unpack as well after i do some manual repairs.

Nice avatar :smilie4:lol someone finally notices it after all these years hahaha....thanks

nebakke
05-23-2016, 01:42 AM

Thanks again - this is excellent much happier to see the downloads pause than to waste DL and time on a red herring :)

newzbie
07-30-2016, 03:50 PM
newsleecher is still my preferred client

Insyder
07-31-2016, 06:24 AM
I've been using newsleecher for many years. I really like its "superleech" function. It auto downloads most of the tv shows as soon as they are available, well, non-encrypted ones. I do have to pay for that feature, but I think it's worth it (for me at least). I wonder if there are other newsgroup clients with a similar feature. I've looked at screenshots of Newsbin and didn't like their auto-download feature, it lacks a lot of options. I know sabnzb has something similar, but I don't like it's web interface, I prefer a real client.