PDA

View Full Version : New file sharing site idea - How to keep it secure?

FullThrottle
07-18-2014, 06:14 AM
I'm looking into starting a file sharing site with a separate server but have a few question's.

I currently have a 50 Mbps setup which obviously isn't enough, I can upgrade to a 300+ Mbps line if I can figure out the right setup.

I'm looking to setup a server running on my same line but my question is, how do I keep it secure?

For example, is it possible to have 100's etc of user's uploading & downloading content from my separate server while keeping me from getting banned from my ISP? I have this extra bandwidth right now even at 50 mbps not upgraded to 300+ but I'm trying to do this without getting annoying call's from my ISP about "Illegal Activity", is this possible?

300 Mbps is just a upgrade away.

Thanks!

Rart
07-28-2014, 05:10 PM
I think an important question would be what server your country is from.

Piterstar
08-11-2014, 07:12 AM
I think the Netherlands!

skeyer
09-14-2014, 02:36 PM
if you wanted to keep it secure, would hosting it in the darknet help somewhat? accessible via TOR only? subscriptions via bitcoins sent via a tumbler service. can't imagine that would be easy to track

Farfetchedchild
09-27-2014, 05:27 AM
The Darknet could be slower for large files. I definitely haven't seen many large file hosts there. It'd be more secure than the clearnet, though.

richasis
09-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Anything with the words "Pirate" and "Bay" in the domain name should keep things off the radar.