PDA

View Full Version : Movies download problem

Changmom
08-02-2014, 07:04 AM
lately ... i can't down load any movies ... don't know why.. i just switch to Astraweb from Newzhosting.. because i couldn't download movies at all.. i thought it was Newzhosting problem.. but the same thing happen while i'm with Astraweb.. the files i down load either corrupt or missing repair par.. please help.. Thanks

Beck38
08-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Unless you give specific examples (nzb) beyond that something in your newsreader or pc has 'gone off the rails', there isn't much anyone can do to 'check your work'. You should be checking the nzb beforehand to see if there are sufficient pars to do at least minimal repairs (unless you are going after primarily euro postings with ~1%, posted through known variable servers, not nessearily the one you are leeching from), and you need to be 'pre-checking' with nzbcc if you are having this much trouble.

But I'll hazard it is probably your newsreader or pc. But again, list the nzb and folks here will check it out if you can't seem to do the basic due diligence.

Changmom
08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Most of them when you extract it said.. can not verifying. or not enough pars to repair the damage...

Beck38
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Where were they posted through? The xtrace will tell you where it originated from, particularly if you are d/l'ing from Astra (there are some servers that 'strip' the xtrace, for some unknown reasoning), but neither Astra or Giga do so.

But this is one of my biggest 'bitches' with some folks, the lack of a decent amount of pars. NO BINARY FILE posting should be less than 10%, period, but like I pointed out, a lot of euro folks, for the want of a few minutes time generating and then posting over 1-2% of pars, simply skip this step, thinking that everyone on the planet has super-fast internet from a central office only a couple miles down the road, and nobody ever needs more pars than that 1-2%.

That, however, as you are probably finding out, is not the real world. Also, what program are they using to post? Too many folks are still using 'Power-Post' or some derivative, that doesn't check the server for as close to 100% completing (like JBINup), so when the usenet server 'hiccups' and generates 'skips' and 'fades', it blithely continues on as if nothing happened. Then, of course, the poster doesn't check the propagation OUT from that posting server by checking at another server.

Usenet is an electronic bucket brigade. The bits sometimes 'slop' over the lip of the pail.

Now, I'm 'assuming' that 'most' of the data is there, it isn't completely missing (DMCA'ed, etc), but again, post the nzb and folks here will check it out from their setup, sometimes on various servers, and see what gives. Actually, despite all the moaning about DMCA's, the percentage of postings (particularly nowadays) that are targeted are a very thin edge of the wedge. But post or sent that nzb via PC once you get PM privileges (with a few more postings).

08-03-2014, 12:27 PM
generating 10% pars takes 2x longer than generating 5%
and most of time that extra 5% will not matter, if it is already missing more than a couple of parts it is usually missing way more than 10% would cover.
getting backup accounts from different providers will help you more than some useless pars.

nntpjunkie
08-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Find a good provider based in the Netherlands to pick up and fill in the missing parts or at least enough for to repair the file set. I'm using Newshosting with a backup provider in the NL and I don't have any trouble, happy as a clam, get what I want unless it's something really obscure then I might have to use P2P, but that is rare.

Changmom
08-03-2014, 07:06 PM
NNtpjunkie.. please tell me which one did you use for back up ? Thanks

bylogic
08-09-2014, 03:16 AM

I second that. I also use newshosting but would like a secondary.

keens
08-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I've been pretty good with Giganews.

jasonj
08-24-2014, 06:40 AM
giganews is realy good

nntpjunkie
08-24-2014, 07:46 PM

I second that. I also use newshosting but would like a secondary.

Check your PMs. I would not recommend Giganews as they are the Heaviest hit with Takedowns