PDA

View Full Version : devloid becoming a pay site????

deviloidPAH
08-02-2014, 04:45 PM
hi, i been having problems with keeping a ratio on deviloid since its return from the break. i have just been on the forum with "TYAN" the big boss, trying to get to the bottom of this. never had a problem before there or anywhere else keeping healthy ratios...until now with devloid ONLY. according to tyan, seeding wont increase your ratio???? haha, it works everywhere else!! i tried uploading, that failed, couldnt even get the torrent on there! i know for SURE its nothing im doing wrong, if i can do it on other sites, seems to point to a fault at devloid. of course, "Tyan" wont admit that! his final suggestion, (which i now see is the whole point!) was to "donate" bitcoins, LOL, the penny drops, dollar signs in his eyes, steering towards a pay site, shame, its been a very good site, up until now. im afraid i told him exactly what i thought of THAT idea, and got banned! if thats his direction, he just saved me the effort of deleting my account. ho hum, another site bites the dust!

smcewa11
08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Link to the thread.

I had a quick check and saw this from an hour ago:
"just keep seeding everything, at some point the other will stop and if you keep seeding you'll be only with a few seeders. When a torrent is uploaded everyone is jumping on it and most of them have seedbox. You can't beat a seedbox with your home connexion. just keep seeding everything until your ratio is ok.
The best way is to upload some torrents, internet is big enough to find things not uploaded here.

And it's not with a 74MB torrents that you'll build a ratio..."

Pretty standard stuff: seedbox wins, long term seeding is best for home connections. I think you might be a tad harsh from what I see written. They do have donate, like almost all sites, but you could spend the money on a seedbox for more far upload so you are not forced to donate. They have freeleech torrents so you can whore upload/ratio on them. On the other hand, since the post before the one mentioned above was thirty weeks ago it does look like some creative forum editing was done.

What is a dodgy is "Uploaders receive bitcoin for your torrents".

What was the size of the .torrent file you tried to upload?

Rart
08-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Are you saying that the tracker is bugged and you're not getting your stats reported correctly, or that it's just really hard for you to seed?

deviloidPAH
08-02-2014, 08:52 PM
i really dont know why i couldnt seed, only happened on deviloid, dont have a problem anywhere else and it only started when Tyan decided to re open the site. all was fine before that.the .torrent i tried to upload was 1.5gb but never managed to even get it on the site, again, a mystery. when i asked for help, i just got reffered to previous comments, which, of course i had already read and tried. lol, so much for Tyan and his "helpful" advice. a tad harsh? i was under the impression that help forums are there for that very purpose...to help, after all, torrenting is all about sharing, and that, was what i was trying to do! the bitcoin thing is recent on deviloid and i really do see things heading into the pay to play area. sorta defeats the object in my opinion, may as well use itunes, netflix or just buy the origional dvd's if thats the way its going.

smcewa11
08-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Telling you that seedbox or long term seeding or donating will help is actually standard advice for most trackers. It is not bad advice. Linking you to previous solutions is easiest and you say they did that.

Donations, lots of people donate and it is what keeps trackers alive so you cant blame them for offering you that option. I logged on there for the first time in maybe a year to see if I could see any more info about about your post here and you know what makes me think that you are wrong about them being some sort of pay site? Not one single PM begging for donations, that is not bad at all.

On the uploading of a .torrent, what error message? Could be size of .torrent being too large, use larger piece size or have less files. Could be an error you made in the upload form? Could be you dont have upload rights. You dont really give any details at all so it is pretty hard to say.

Downloaded and am seeding a torrent there: had jumped on it instantly, stats reporting correctly, upload amount is low (0.17 from home) but is there and hopefully will slowly increase as more leechers arrive. Their tracker is working fine for me.

Still cannot see your thread and you never gave a link so dont really want to comment more except to say that on the evidence you give they are blameless.

Are you saying that the tracker is bugged and you're not getting your stats reported correctly, or that it's just really hard for you to seed?

More likely to be op using a bugged uTorrent (you using uTorrent 3.2 or higher?), but theirs is not the easiest to seed on. Lots of whore seedboxes and long term seeders, not a large number of leechers and limited use bonus points make it tricky there.

IdolEyes787
08-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Telling you that seedbox or long term seeding or donating will help is actually standard advice for most trackers. It is not bad advice.

Suggesting you dole out money for free stuff is not only bad advice,it's ludicrous.

deviloidPAH
08-03-2014, 07:01 PM
im on linux mint 17, i use ktorrent, always works just fine on every other site apart from deviloid, i have uploaded successfully to other sites, just cant get anything onto devloid.it always used to work fine, i had a good ratio, until recently when i have watched it go down and down. i leave everything to seed but nothing does anymore there.the "help" i recieved was being told that i hadnt read or understood anything, quite insulting really. the first thing i do when i have a problem is to consult the forum, upon finding nothing to solve this problem for me, i quite naturally figured that asking Tyan..the boss, was a good next move...WRONG! was told in a roundabout way that im stupid and understand nothing, then the suggestion was made to "donate". so basically, my ratio was unfixable, but would be "just fine" .....for money....BAD FORM. as previously mentioned, i told him exactly what i thought about that, and got banned, not a problem as i was about to delete my account anyway. what sticks in my craw is if hes gonna make it a paysite then be damn open about it, instead of this underhand method hes using here!

deviloidPAH
08-03-2014, 07:04 PM
oh, by the way, checking the thread at devliod wont help, im told by a friend that hes edited out most of it now!! now i wonder why he did that eh?

IdolEyes787
08-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Now I'm not saying that you're right and I'm not saying that you're wrong but you created an anonymous internet identity solely to bash something so basically at thing point your credibility is zero.

Btw are you sure that a "friend' told you and not a cousin?

All
08-03-2014, 09:43 PM
you created an anonymous internet identity solely to bash something

What a total asshole. :no:

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
IdolEyes787
Now I'm not saying that you're right and I'm not saying that you're wrong but you created an anonymous internet identity solely to bash something so basically at thing point your credibility is zero.

Btw are you sure that a "friend' told you and not a cousin?

FYI a "friend" who still has an accout at deviloid....a cousin? lol mate, its your credibility at zero here. Your "input" would be commonly termed as TROLLING! If, as its blatently obvious, u have nothing useful to say, go crawl back into your hole in the ground and leave the talking to the adults!!

by the way, IdolEyes787? your REAL name? or an "anonymous internet identity"

IdolEyes787
08-05-2014, 04:21 PM
FYI a "friend" who still has an accout at deviloid....a cousin? lol mate, its your credibility at zero here. Your "input" would be commonly termed as TROLLING! If, as its blatently obvious, u have nothing useful to say, go crawl back into your hole in the ground and leave the talking to the adults!!

by the way, IdolEyes787? your REAL name? or an "anonymous internet identity"

As the terms "trolling" and "lol" were presumably created by some teen girl on Facebook ,I would suggest that you as an "adult" avoid using them else you be mistaken for aforementioned girl.:)

And for the record,my point was extremely relevant,Miss.:)

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Oh dear, i dont wish to mock the afflicted, but you really are setting yourself up for it arent you? your "point" has absolutely NO relevance at all, its purely derision on your part. your comment about "anonymous internet identity" shows your ignorance "IdolEyes787" for one thing. your attempt at humour with the "cousin" remark also shows evidence of your low IQ. if ur only contribution is to TROLL..(google it!) you are only showing everyone that you really have NOTHING to say. reply if you must, and im sure you will feel that you must, but i will treat your comments with the contempt that thay deserve and just ignore you, you are not worth bothering with! good luck with your life, i suspect you will need it.

getting back to the point, if anyone has anything sensible to add (obviously not you mr eyes) i will be pleased to hear from you

IdolEyes787
08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
For someone with such a obviously keen intellect,you do a fantastic job of misconstruing everything that you don't outright ignore. Have you ever considered turning pro?

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 06:57 PM
rather than clutter this forum with your inane ramblings, im located in Southampton UK, if you would like to PM me with your contact details, email, phone number, i will be more than willing to carry on this conversation..face to face. stop hiding behing the annonimity of the internet to boost your ego, either put up, or shut up! i look forward to hearing from you.

megabyteme
08-05-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm wagering he's already wearing a tracksuit, Idol.

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
if you have been reading his comments, you will see that the first one seems to be in support, then, for some unknown reason, he launched into a personal attack, nothing to do with the initial subject of this thread. as i said, a Troll! i merely offer him the opportunity to state his case face to face, should that be possible. no doubt he will decline my offer, people like him usually do, no courage of conviction. conducting personal attacks on total strangers is an ego boost for this type of person, very easy to talk the talk when you know you have the protection of anonimity wouldnt u agree?

megabyteme
08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
You seem to be avoiding the question regarding the tracksuit.

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 08:07 PM
sorry to dissapoint, i dont own a tracksuit. didnt realise it was a question, more a statement.

IdolEyes787
08-05-2014, 08:13 PM
if you have been reading his comments, you will see that the first one seems to be in support, then, for some unknown reason, he launched into a personal attack, nothing to do with the initial subject of this thread. as i said, a Troll! i merely offer him the opportunity to state his case face to face, should that be possible. no doubt he will decline my offer, people like him usually do, no courage of conviction. conducting personal attacks on total strangers is an ego boost for this type of person, very easy to talk the talk when you know you have the protection of anonimity wouldnt u agree?

First please point me in the way of this initial personal attack,Jack.
I merely stated and please someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, that being entirely unknown to anyone (here) and beginning your tenure with allegations,your credibility amounted to zero.Which it did and it does.

As for your wank insistence of bringing up my anonymity,that is what I would consider to be irrelevant to anything beyond you having nothing better to say as I'm not the one needing to support anything.

As for your silly suggestion to "meet" you to "settle" this,all I can say that of the two of us only one seems stupid enough to be willing to provide a "total stranger" on the internet with personal details.

I'd be willing to meet you in Toronto at some neutral site near the airport though at 6 PM Friday the next after next though.:blink:

megabyteme
08-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Somebody had to verify. :idunno:

As for Idol's comment, he was simply referring to the fact that you came here anonymously to vent about something. Instead of using a name you'd be recognizable with (say the one you use(d) on deviloid), your stance would have more teeth to it. Honestly, I know the issue you are talking about. I've seen it on other sites that intentionally make it impossible to seed, then beat the drum for "donations".

The profiteers of this community need to lose support. As in the corporate world, the most conniving grow, while the ones trying to pay the server bills die out. Or in the case of TSH, get bullied out of existence by FACT.

deviloidPAH
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
sir you are clearly deluded as you dont even realise what u have posted here, i advise you READ your own posts, for your benefit you said im "hiding behind a made up internet name" may i remind you, just about EVERYONE including yourself has a ficticious username, you also talk about zero credibility, again this would apply to you for the same reason. apart from your first post, nothing you have said since has the slightest relevance to the subject of the thread! re- As for your silly suggestion to "meet" you to "settle" this
enlighten me, where did i say "settle this"? had you the ability to read you would see that THIS is what i said-i will be more than willing to carry on this conversation..face to face. as it turns out, that wouldnt be possible if you are in Toronto obviously, if of course you are and not still hiding! it seems i have managed to join a forum populated by dickheads, my mistake! so, you and your buddy can cuddle up tonight and congratulate yourselves that you have "seen off the nasty man" you can Both stroke your ego's or whatever else you two stroke in private. so the pair of you can carry on your pointless bullshit together without me, i, shall be deleting my account here, i dont wish to be a part of a forum that is populated by idiots like yourselves, goodbye dear friends.try not to be a twat all your life, take a day off eh?

IdolEyes787
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Seriously I don't care who is right or wrong,I'm just a stickler on getting the facts right.

Timeline.
Basically what Meg said followed by you going straight to "personally insulting" me. Not sure if I've "personally insulted" you even yet except in your own mind.

As for me assuming "settle" by
... i will be more than willing to carry on this conversation..face to face. stop hiding behing the annonimity of the internet to boost your ego, either put up, or shut up! forgive me for speaking English.

Lastly it is truly funny and by "funny" I mean not in the least,how people such as yourself do the things you are constantly (erroneously) accusing others of and yet think it to be just peachy fine when you do it. :ermm:

megabyteme
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
s it seems i have managed to join a forum populated by dickheads, my mistake! so, you and your buddy can cuddle up tonight and congratulate yourselves that you have "seen off the nasty man" you can Both stroke your ego's or whatever else you two stroke in private. so the pair of you can carry on your pointless bullshit together without me, i, shall be deleting my account here, i dont wish to be a part of a forum that is populated by idiots like yourselves, goodbye dear friends.try not to be a twat all your life, take a day off eh?

I was agreeing with your post, nasty man. Then you called me an idiot for doing so... :mellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fysoKSvVj8

IdolEyes787
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
I also like how he harped on us for being vile and unreasonable and then threw a bile spitting hissy fit and quit the site because of some innocuous thing someone said to him.

Well he may be gone but at least I can still look up irony in the dictionary any time I want to see his picture.

megabyteme
08-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Just no helping some people... :sadwalk:

Rart
08-06-2014, 03:38 AM
deviloidPAH I still don't understand exactly what your beef with Deviloid is, or how it's their fault. If you can seed fine at every other site, and the site itself hasn't imploded from lack of activity, I'm guessing it's a problem on your end. More likely than not you are probably seeding a torrent that is older and not that active. Try downloading a popular torrent as soon as it's uploaded and see if you upload anything.

richasis
09-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Somebody had to verify. :idunno:

As for Idol's comment, he was simply referring to the fact that you came here anonymously to vent about something. Instead of using a name you'd be recognizable with (say the one you use(d) on deviloid), your stance would have more teeth to it. Honestly, I know the issue you are talking about. I've seen it on other sites that intentionally make it impossible to seed, then beat the drum for "donations".

The profiteers of this community need to lose support. As in the corporate world, the most conniving grow, while the ones trying to pay the server bills die out. Or in the case of TSH, get bullied out of existence by FACT.

livelife
09-28-2014, 07:54 PM
hi, i been having problems with keeping a ratio on deviloid since its return from the break. i have just been on the forum with "TYAN" the big boss, trying to get to the bottom of this. never had a problem before there or anywhere else keeping healthy ratios...until now with devloid ONLY. according to tyan, seeding wont increase your ratio???? haha, it works everywhere else!! i tried uploading, that failed, couldnt even get the torrent on there! i know for SURE its nothing im doing wrong, if i can do it on other sites, seems to point to a fault at devloid. of course, "Tyan" wont admit that! his final suggestion, (which i now see is the whole point!) was to "donate" bitcoins, LOL, the penny drops, dollar signs in his eyes, steering towards a pay site, shame, its been a very good site, up until now. im afraid i told him exactly what i thought of THAT idea, and got banned! if thats his direction, he just saved me the effort of deleting my account. ho hum, another site bites the dust!

The site is broken. Your FuckCoins will not work (bonus points basically) if you use rtorrent (a newish version). Tyan admits to being a n00b at coding and cannot fix it. They have nice screenshots but he is also overly fanatical about those. Look elsewhere.

smcewa11
09-29-2014, 03:24 AM
If you moan about deviloid you really dont want to try hd-sportbits as they must be raking it in.

livelife
10-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Deviloid is a joke. Would not pay for it if you put a gun to my head!

jsmith2k1
02-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Are there alternative sites?

jack30
02-01-2015, 05:41 AM
Are there alternative sites?

Depends on what you're looking for? I find the public torrent sites have mostly everything. Although there are certain categories like comics, or elearning, where specialized sites can be a little better.