PDA

View Full Version : Robin williams r.i.p.

crazycabbie702
08-12-2014, 03:06 AM
With heavy sadness I learned that Robin Williams died. Would be awesome if someone could pack up his movies like a memorial. Insomnia, good will hunting, one hour photo, hook, jumanji, Dead Poet Society etc.

IdolEyes787
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah and in a statement to the press, Susan Schneider, the wife of the late Robin Williams,said that other than naming the Moon after him she could think of no better "memorial" than having his life's work stolen by a bunch of pasty internet types for the benefit of EDM loving Romanian teens.

She then went on to say that on further reflection since this would also potentially take money from his children,she would like to amend the part about naming the Moon being better.

j2k4
08-13-2014, 12:25 AM
News like this always gives pause, but never really surprises, coming as it does from the world of entertainment.

Talent and melancholy seem to go hand-in-hand; we can only wonder which is the cart and which is the horse, I guess.

I lost my fascination with his comedy years ago, but I can't say he was incapable of entertaining me - I found most of the movie roles he had that weren't 'Robin Williams vehicles' to be pretty solid; Awakenings and Good Will Hunting come to mind.

I remember his very first appearance on HBO ("Look! The moon like a testicle hangs low in the sky...") as one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I think I'll miss him a bit.

RIP, Chief.

hillburnkb
08-13-2014, 09:42 PM
RIP Robin you and your humor will be missed

IdolEyes787
08-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Before I literally give up entirely and allow this site to settle into the mindless black pit it seems determined to become .....

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

megabyteme
08-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Before I literally give up entirely and allow this site to settle into the mindless black pit it seems determined to become .....

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

The gifs in that were AWESOME!!! Was the article about anything funny?

Alien5
08-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Nightmare.

i feel sorry for his friend especially, who broke the door down man.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2014, 10:34 PM
News like this always gives pause, but never really surprises, coming as it does from the world of entertainment.

Talent and melancholy seem to go hand-in-hand; we can only wonder which is the cart and which is the horse, I guess.

I lost my fascination with his comedy years ago, but I can't say he was incapable of entertaining me - I found most of the movie roles he had that weren't 'Robin Williams vehicles' to be pretty solid; Awakenings and Good Will Hunting come to mind.

I remember his very first appearance on HBO ("Look! The moon like a testicle hangs low in the sky...") as one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I think I'll miss him a bit.

RIP, Chief.

That was actually a pleasure to read and now I hate you for making the usual dredge here seem even worse by comparison.

megabyteme
08-15-2014, 12:08 AM
That was actually a pleasure to read and now I hate you for making the usual dredge here seem even worse by comparison.

We only serve the finest here. :snooty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FJBoC33Gg

j2k4
08-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Hello, fellers. :)

Been a while, eh?

Alien5
08-15-2014, 01:24 AM
i remember you're thingy, always talking about this and that and giving expert advice on stuff.

megabyteme
08-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Hello, Kev. It's not the same place without you. :)

j2k4
08-15-2014, 02:10 AM
i remember you're thingy, always talking about this and that and giving expert advice on stuff.

Yes, my thingy always made a tremendous impression. :whistling

Hello, Kev. It's not the same place without you. :)

Thanks for saying that, even though it could be construed a variety of ways...How have you been, Aaren? :)

Oh, and on topic, his wife divulged Williams had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

Not a road I've have wanted to go down, myself - watched two very good friends deal with it for years before succumbing; both of them also suffered Lewy body disease as well, which is horrifying. :(

megabyteme
08-15-2014, 02:39 AM
My son is getting good help on all fronts with the exception of speech. My daughter has now proven herself potty-trained, so she can now attend preschool. We have a solid lead on a nice place away from the more ghetto areas around us.

All seems to be venturing forward, whith an unbelievable number of things to our past...

How are things for you, Kev?

T-Bag
08-15-2014, 07:04 AM
One of the best actors around. So many good movies he left for us...
R.I.P

j2k4
08-15-2014, 08:53 PM
My son is getting good help on all fronts with the exception of speech. My daughter has now proven herself potty-trained, so she can now attend preschool. We have a solid lead on a nice place away from the more ghetto areas around us.

All seems to be venturing forward, whith an unbelievable number of things to our past...

How are things for you, Kev?

Oh, so glad to hear things are progressing with him - how old is he now, and what is the nature of his speech difficulty?

I can't remember his name!

Been a really long time...Can't even remember where I left off with all of you; I talk to Clocker every once in a while, and we visit when we can.

Don't think he looks in very often, but I know you remember him. :)

Last few times I was here, I think I talked to Manker a bit - stopped in once right after JP had ducked out. :rolleyes:

Just celebrated ten years in business by writing beaucoup thousands of dollars on taxes, etc.

The wrinkles deepen, you know?

We're okay here.

Tell me more...

iwkid
08-16-2014, 12:01 AM
It was very sad to see such a comedic genius leave us. At least he leaves us a legacy of laughter behind.

megabyteme
08-16-2014, 12:03 AM
It was very sad to see such a comedic genius leave us. At least he leaves us a legacy of laughter behind.

j2k4 visits occasionally, he just has other stuffs to do. :console:

Oh, so glad to hear things are progressing with him - how old is he now, and what is the nature of his speech difficulty?

I can't remember his name!

Been a really long time...Can't even remember where I left off with all of you; I talk to Clocker every once in a while, and we visit when we can.

Don't think he looks in very often, but I know you remember him. :)

Last few times I was here, I think I talked to Manker a bit - stopped in once right after JP had ducked out. :rolleyes:

Just celebrated ten years in business by writing beaucoup thousands of dollars on taxes, etc.

The wrinkles deepen, you know?

We're okay here.

Tell me more...

His name is Preston and the twins are 4 1/2. His speech problems are a mix of Down's, stubbornness, and to some degree laziness. None of the professionals will commit to any timeframe, which is irritating, but from what I've read he should develop more after 5. A bit of emphasis on his delay because we see our daughter pass him by at every stage. Physically, he's an ox. Mentally, he's an ox... :idunno:

Congratulations on your tax burden. Keep it up and eventually you'll be able to rise above taxes. Reasonably certain that's the new American Dream.

Found a preschool for our daughter today. Basically, they are on the same page we are- "we don't want the single parent dropoff, we want loved children". The only challenge is that they need to find 2 more kids for the program to be feasible.

j2k4
08-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Aaren, see if you can root out a copy of Tom Sowell's book Late-talking Children.

He's an economist by training, but he's also a genuine smart guy who toes the logic-line.

The book isn't - strictly-speaking - scientific, but he's put some data together in a way that presents well and makes sense, but turns things far enough left and right to give an old mind new perspective.

By old, I mean as the parent of a kid with problems who has 'heard all about it'.

Some things in there could help how you feel about/deal with Preston's problem.

Best to your mighty clan, and best luck on your impending move.

I'll try to be good and check in when I can. :)

megabyteme
08-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Thank you for the well-wishes, book recommendation, and for stopping in. Always a pleasure. :)

kenbina
08-16-2014, 04:49 AM
will miss him dearly

dineshdmartin
08-16-2014, 07:01 PM
brilliant actor will be missed

amazingfunksta
08-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Poor guy, must have been dealing with a lot of issues.

abigdork
08-19-2014, 06:53 AM
he will be missed greatly

lynxs
08-19-2014, 09:04 PM
What a fantastic actor.. and he had so much more to give the entertainment industry. Such a loss...

renhoek93
08-22-2014, 06:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw

gowerboy
08-30-2014, 10:45 AM
A total one off. A true comic genius.