PDA

View Full Version : Previously on...

Rart
08-17-2014, 02:20 AM
(And the next episode previews as well)

Am I the only one who wants to actually watch these when I download a TV show? They seem to be included in episodes less and less often these days. I can understand potentially not including the next time on clips as poorly made previews can sometimes have spoilers, but when you're watching the shows on a week to week basis, or especially if you're catching up on show after taking a hiatus from it, the previously on segments are great for quickly catching up on whats happened.

And if you're binge watching older seasons of a show and don't need the previously on, it's not that hard to skip over the 10 - 20 seconds it takes. :unsure:

Stehle
08-19-2014, 02:47 PM
I watch them sometimes too. :)

(...it depends if I really want to know.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
08-19-2014, 05:04 PM
"Previously on" is like those evil "new customer" incentives that spit in the face of loyal customers.
If you can't be bothered to faithfully follow a show then why should I be penalized to sit through a minute of pointless filler because of it?

Seriously,fuck you Japaneses and your short attention spans.

Rart
08-21-2014, 07:23 PM
"Previously on" is like those evil "new customer" incentives that spit in the face of loyal customers.
If you can't be bothered to faithfully follow a show then why should I be penalized to sit through a minute of pointless filler because of it?

Seriously,fuck you Japaneses and your short attention spans.

I didn't realize it was such an inconvenience for you to move your slider forward 15 seconds. :unsure: There's even a button in VLC that'll skip the video forward a set amount of time, I can help you find it if you want. :smilie4:

Also I realize with the lack of hockey available right now you're having trouble finding meaningful ways of occupying your time, but for the rest of us we don't always have the time to binge watch a show. In my mind, any show that's worth watching and isn't a comedy is going to have subtleties that you will not be able to pick up on if you have taken any sort break from the show, and even watching an on air show on a week to week basis can be difficult (especially breaks in between seasons).

Essentially the only situation in my mind where you wouldn't need previously on segments is when you are binge watching a completed show. Watching any show that's still on the air and will have seasons aired in the future, or watching a completed show without being able to dedicate enough time to watch it without multiple day interruptions, should require previously on segments, unless you're watching such a shitty show that you don't need them at all.

IdolEyes787
08-21-2014, 08:47 PM
No offense Bart but how am I suppose to move a miniature hamburger ahead in time?
Also I believe the word you where looking for was VCR.

VLC.:lol:What a dolt.

megabyteme
08-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah, don't really like the "If you really didn't give 2 shits about the last episode, here it is again" clips. The only time I've found them valuable were when I hadn't given a shit about watched the previous episode on Ambien, or have accidentally started an episode out of order. So, like, 30% tops.

how am I suppose to move a miniature hamburger ahead in time?

A valid question! From what I understand, it would theoretically be possible, but would require MASSIVE amounts of energy. However, since the mini-burger is considerably smaller than say a Big Mac, this would be more doable. Don't even think about adding fries, though. :no: