PDA

View Full Version : [Request] GFT and/or HDBits

askj
08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Looking for GFT and/or HDBits as a FTN replacement for movies. Can provide info about my legitimacy as a user and about my history in the torrent scene.

Thanks!

IdolEyes787
08-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks for only making use of this site when you want something,which is apparently every four years or so.:ermm:

askj
08-26-2014, 09:25 AM
I thought this was an open forum that served as a means to generate discussion about torrents and, particularly, to exchange or giveaway torrent sites. Am I in the wrong place?

Rart
08-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I thought this was an open forum that served as a means to generate discussion about torrents and, particularly, to exchange or giveaway torrent sites. Am I in the wrong place?

Yes it is an "open forum". Torrents aren't the only thing on the site though. There are plenty of other parts to the site.

Idol was most likely critiquing the part you mention as "discussion about torrents", as you haven't added much to that. If you were more active on the site on a regular basis perhaps members would be more willing to help you out.

Just a quick question - mind mentioning in particular why you want GFT or HDBits for movies? Why them over other general trackers or something like PTP?

IdolEyes787
08-27-2014, 06:13 PM
I thought this was an open forum that served as a means to generate discussion about torrents and, particularly, to exchange or giveaway torrent sites.

Of the two of us,me being the only one who actually participates in this site the answers to your questions are basically "No" and "Very no".

Anyway since you apparently consider me to be a charity I really should look into getting tax exempt status. :)

megabyteme
08-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I think you need to extend this further, Idol. Invite askj to your home, allow be fortunate to have him as a guest, cook, clean, lend him your car, and furnish him with clothes of his choosing. However, do NOT expect him to help out in any way. You don't have that kind of relationship. :no:

askj
08-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Geez, guys. I'm just a fellow trying to get some torrrent sites. As far as I can tell, Internet (and FST) rules do not mandate me to enroll and participate in several things or everything in the cyberspace. Last time I checked, my spare time is my own and I spend it at my own free will online and in real life.

Just a quick question - mind mentioning in particular why you want GFT or HDBits for movies? Why them over other general trackers or something like PTP?

As Idol pointed out, I seem to come here rarely and get outdated rapidly about the torrent scene with many new sites appearing in the meanwhile. After a quick search for sites similar to FTN for their rules, contents and torrent community, I found that GFT and HDBits seem suitable.

askj
09-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Bump. Can anyone help me out?

absent_today
09-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Forget about HDBits you will never get it.

Johndon
09-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Forget about HDBits you will never get it.

I would not say never, but someones not likely to invite him on an open forum like this. If your just looking for movies,try getting a ptp invite, as that should be easily obtainable and is just is good as others you mentioned(preferable to gft actually), but people are far more likely to invite you to it.

askj
09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Well, its not just movies I'm looking for, it is also TV shows.

So, HDBits is only obtainable with a staff invite? Anyone knows how I can get in touch with one?

Well, I've been to their IRC support channel and it seems that I need to know someone who's there already. Anybody around? :-)

Cerise
09-22-2014, 10:26 PM
It's been ages I've not been there, hello everyone ;)

SliDer5
09-23-2014, 01:07 PM
I would recommend you to obtain IPtorrents as alternative.

askj
09-23-2014, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm aiming for higher standards.

IdolEyes787
09-23-2014, 04:17 PM
So am I.There wouldn't possibly have any more interesting,less unsavory friends that you could give your FST account to?:)

Rart
09-23-2014, 04:22 PM

I'm aiming for higher standards.

Depends on what your higher standards are.

Rarity? Yep.

Content? Not in the slightest. I'd advise you spend your time looking for more practical sites that actually have, you know, more content.

IdolEyes787
09-23-2014, 04:25 PM
As staff I think it's inappropriate for you to be advising people against using FST.

askj
09-23-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm aiming for higher standards.

Rarity? Yep.

Content? Not in the slightest. I'd advise you spend your time looking for more practical sites that actually have, you know, more content.

As a moderator you should know that HDBits is rated with 10's in every category at http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/. So, I have no idea why you say content is bad there.

As staff I think it's inappropriate for you to be advising people against using FST.

I did not advised anybody against using FST. If you, somehow, feel affected by my actions and want to bias this thread, I ask you not to deviate from the main topic and not to make this personal. I'm just trying to get a site.

IdolEyes787
09-23-2014, 04:56 PM
I apparently missed something and you're staff now.Oh well at least you gave me the courtesy of a reply unlike some others that will go unnamed.
Btw not trying to bias anything against anything as things tend to do a good enough job of that on their own without my help.

megabyteme
09-23-2014, 05:50 PM

This. IPT is hard to beat for content. It's easy to join, and their bonus system asks little of the user. They get scene as well as p2p uploads.

Rart
09-23-2014, 06:07 PM

Rarity? Yep.

As a moderator you should know that HDBits is rated with 10's in every category at http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/. So, I have no idea why you say content is bad there.

First off: that's not my rating. It was a subjective rating made by another user who created a review, I don't have to agree with it.

And even if I did agree with it, it only reflects that HDBits has the most amount of content at it's particular niche. Which means that it's the best at providing those pristine super hd rips or whatever it is they value there. It doesn't mean it has the best content overall of all sites if what you're looking for are tv shows and movies. PTP or IPT will far outshine HDBits in terms of general content.

megabyteme
09-23-2014, 06:48 PM
GFT pales in comparison in both pretimes AND content. I've got both. I'd use GFT more if it could compete with IPT.

HDTwits is for people who would rather download 50+ GB instead of 4 GB for almost identical quality. Almost. Diminishing returns, or something.

absent_today
09-24-2014, 03:21 AM
Why not PTP and they have the best encodes for 720p and 1080p around all sites most are from HDBits and with higher number of seeders.

askj
09-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. However, as far as my experience in the torrent scene goes, HDBits has been around longer than the sites you mentioned. During this time, I think it has gained a reputation in terms of durability and reliability. In the past I've had many sites which closed or died out rather soon than one would expect. Here I'm looking for long-term sites that can deliver the goods in the right way. Not that other sites do it wrongfully, but I just like to stick to a good few as I've been doing for years.

Still looking for someone who can vouch for me.

megabyteme
09-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Real question, do you even know what HDBits is for? You don't really sound like you do.

askj
09-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Easy ratio for HD scene and older releases with a fair amount of users. Is this a good enough description?

megabyteme
09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
I ask because nothing in this thread indicates you are looking for more than a replacement for a 0-day. Certainly, you've made no effort to detail your direct interest in HD.

askj
09-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Of course I want HD content to watch on my CRT screen.

Well, sorry for that sarcasm. Obviously, I want HD content to make my soirées amazing experiences.

megabyteme
09-24-2014, 03:45 PM
The people who are most often invited there have serious attention to detail and are knowledgeable in encoding such. Do you have the bandwidth to be considered "useful" there? How much do you typically download in a month?

There are numerous HD sites that are obtainable. This is people helping you go in the right direction, not telling you to piss off. HDchina (something like that), HDTorrents, PtP should all work without the silliness.

askj
09-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Fair enough.

I usually prefer x264 or h.264 encoding. Yes, I do have the bandwidth, and the time might I add. My home computer is on almost 24/7. At work my laptop achieves upload speeds of about 2-3 Mbps. The amount I download monthly is hard to say. Usually I go for recent blockbusters, award-winning movies, and several titles ranging from the fifties to the nineties, along with a few TV series.

livelife
09-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Fair enough.

I usually prefer x264 or h.264 encoding. Yes, I do have the bandwidth, and the time might I add. My home computer is on almost 24/7. At work my laptop achieves upload speeds of about 2-3 Mbps. The amount I download monthly is hard to say. Usually I go for recent blockbusters, award-winning movies, and several titles ranging from the fifties to the nineties, along with a few TV series.

Not fast enough. Get a seedbox.

IdolEyes787
09-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Not fast enough. Get a seedbox.