PDA

View Full Version : Underhanded tactics from Newsdemon

icehot9
09-09-2014, 11:54 PM
This is hilarious what they're doing. Apparently, they conveniently "lost" billing data for users who signed up for their $5/month plans and are now requiring them to sign up for new accounts for $13/month. Users can't provide any proof such as creditcard bills or the upgrade section of their accounts to get their $5/month accounts.

Read more about it here. http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/2fufoc/newsdemon_lost_a_billing_system_drive_cancels/

bbhaag
09-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I also got in the $5 deal so I'll have to check my account when I get home.

misterfinch
09-21-2014, 04:31 PM
just ran into the same issue myself... i was on an $8 plan with 50 connections unlimited data... I was told to sign up for another account and i that i wouldn't be able to maintain my existing pricing. I asked to speak to next tier support and was referred to submitting an offline ticket... what a bunch of crap!

icehot9
09-22-2014, 07:32 PM
just ran into the same issue myself... i was on an $8 plan with 50 connections unlimited data... I was told to sign up for another account and i that i wouldn't be able to maintain my existing pricing. I asked to speak to next tier support and was referred to submitting an offline ticket... what a bunch of crap!

Here's how your offline convo will go:

You: Can I get a new account at the same billing price as my current?
Them: Unfortunately you can't as we lost the billing data and don't know what you're currently paying.

You: Can I use my credit card statements as proof?
Them: No, sorry. We can't be sure what you were paying before.

You: You still have my billing rate. If you click on the 'upgrade' section of the account it shows the current rate.
Them: Sorry, please sign up for a new account at the higher price.