PDA

View Full Version : What provider are you using for your primary email?

Skiz
09-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Just curious. My Dad is having trouble with his @msn account. Doesn't seem like too many folks use them any longer. Aren't most ppl on Yahoo or Gmail by now? :unsure:

Artemis
09-17-2014, 11:01 PM
I've been with Gmail for donkey's ages, in my case because way back in the day my ISP outsourced it's email provision and it has been one hilarious screw up after another (which I have watched from a far). The outsourcing is through Yahoo believe it or not, but they have manged to screw up the security, personal details and access to accounts on multiple occasions. Gmail has always been reliable and accessible from multiple platforms where ever I am.

megabyteme
09-18-2014, 12:57 AM
I've seen the same pooch screws as universities have switched around while outsourcing. :frusty: Currently, I've got 2 different login locations from Microsoft Live (great they changed names midstream, too) which I barely bother with. Happily, I have my important uni communications forwarded to... you guessed it: Gmail. :)

piercerseth
09-18-2014, 01:25 AM
:yup: Gmail for the last 9 or 10 years, and lavabit up until they closed.

megabyteme
09-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Let's not forget how nicely gmail is naturally incorporated into Chrome and Android. If you use them, Google stuff is an accessible ecosystem.

Google also seems to be the only big player who has not rolled over like a bitch for NSA.

And they make great throwaway accounts for one-time uses, too.

Skiz
09-18-2014, 05:20 PM
GMail here as well. Someone here gave me an invite for it back when it was invite only. They didn't have much rarity tho. :P