PDA

View Full Version : Obfuscated/Encrypted Posts

orgzzs
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Hey Guys,
I've gone thru several posts lately trying to figure out how to understand obfuscated/encrypted postings. Can someone give me a leg up on what to do to properly understand how to accurately do this & cut down on the guesswork? I appreciate any feedback. A quick recap : I started out in Newsgroups using Agent Forte & Giganews, I then started using Newzbin & NzbMatrix, along with Binsearch. I then switched up & got more into torrenting more heavily right before Newzbin closed up. Just any help w obfuscated/encrypted postings would help tremendously. Thanks

activoice
10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
A lot of them are only listed with the real name on a members only site... and so you could only tell what they are if you are a member of that site.

If you were looking for something like video files you could subscribe to a provider like Easynews and use the web interface to browse posts as thumbnails... and from the thumbnail you could probably figure out what the video is...

orgzzs
10-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback

DngrMs
10-16-2014, 08:41 AM
"obfuscated/encrypted postings"

In the interests of the forum I'll give you my inadequate response:

1. There is no single o/e scheme so there's not a single answer
2. Most o/e scheme are only disclosed via (paid) member sites
3. Others can be pattern matched by raw search if you're observant and persistent
4. Every, single one of the "exclusive" paid sites has at least one "leaker"
5. Most "hot" releases pop up on great free sites like FST well within 24 hours
6. You're not missing out on anything by not paying for a "membership"
7. Enjoy