PDA

View Full Version : Games size !

snrrr
11-15-2014, 09:47 PM
What about the size on games just lately ?
Not just PC but ps3 aswell
Ok there filling up discs with movies on clips of fav
But a PC file can be twice as big or bigger I know it's all to do with textures an sh##
Over 40 gigs is becoming the norm
I like to wait for repacks or one off those ultra packed game jobbies they still unpack to the same size
But can be only half or 2/3 of the standard size
I'm not moaning I'm just saying "phew" some files are BIG ! .
Looks like I will need to buy a blu-Ray burner all my hard drives are filling up quicker
Thank for reading:yup:

optiknerve
11-17-2014, 03:02 AM
You may be better off getting a "backup" drive as burning blu-rays takes up a lot of time and patience!

snrrr
11-17-2014, 09:18 PM
You may be better off getting a "backup" drive as burning blu-rays takes up a lot of time and patience!

Two things I don't have ,any how the cheapest blu-ray drive I found was £45 then you have to buy the blanks
And I can get 1 tb for the same money
Thanks for the info

fuerstin
01-26-2015, 11:24 AM
I totaly agree. The size expands so fast!
But not only that. The amount of vram needed for the newer PC games did incease equally, imho

anon
01-26-2015, 05:20 PM

Some conspiracy theorists say it's an anti-piracy measure. You see, if you turn to pirating because you live in a poor country and cannot afford to pay for today's oft-overpriced games, having to download 20, 30 or 40 GB over a slow and unreliable Internet connection is a severe letdown.

Of course, such cases hardly qualify as "lost sales" in the first place.

CooLMinE
01-26-2015, 06:53 PM

Some conspiracy theorists say it's an anti-piracy measure. You see, if you turn to pirating because you live in a poor country and cannot afford to pay for today's oft-overpriced games, having to download 20, 30 or 40 GB over a slow and unreliable Internet connection is a severe letdown.

Of course, such cases hardly qualify as "lost sales" in the first place.

It works to some extend then. I can think at least 2 cases which I avoid a game because of the size, and my download speed is not even that bad.

dwa
01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
It's mainly due to games being prettier over time which also mean that you have provide more detailed (bigger) assets.

Monk3
01-29-2015, 02:01 AM
Yah, they pack em like Wii games.

shadowrom
01-29-2015, 07:35 AM
game size are being crazy, but hardrive capacity are following so all in all, not much a difference i guess