PDA

View Full Version : Problem Installing Call Of Duty

oggy
11-24-2003, 01:53 AM
I downloaded the Deviance release of Call of Duty.

I installed the 1st CD from the dev-coda.bin file, but for the 2nd CD I needed to burnt it onto a CD, because part-way through the 1st CD installation, it asks for the 2nd CD and it doesn't give you the option to browse your computer (you can only continue the 2nd part of the installation if you have the CD).

Because the 2nd CD is 726mb, I opened the bin file with WinISO and extracted all the contained files (because when the files are all seperately extracted the filesize is substancialy less, as most of you will know). When I'd extracted them and it came to 697mb, I burnt all the extracted files onto a CD and then when prompted by the installation, I inserted the 2nd CD in the drive.

The problem is that my CD drive didn't detect the CD, probably because I didn't straight up burn the dev-codb.bin file onto a CD (because it was 726mb and I only have 700mb blank CDs)

If anyone can tell me what I need to do, I would be grateful.

Please post the tips on here, or preferably E-mail me the solution at: [email protected]

Thank you in advance to everyone for

a) reading through that babble

and

B) for trying to help

-Oggy.

[P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
11-24-2003, 06:00 AM
there's something called Deamon tools, search for it, it will read your .bin files, it will also read .iso, .ccd, and a couple others i think. But what it will also do is create a virtual drive, and you mount this file. Search for it on google or something, and use their step-by-step, cuz it's way too hard to explain...

tHe LiNk
11-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Links to daemon tools and its tutorial in signature

Russo
11-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Images over 700 MB are not REALLY over 700 MB when your burn them as a image.

Dont burn images as data. burn them as images. and even ones that appear to be over 800 MB will be under 700 MB when burned as a image NOT data

judgeofallandnothing
11-24-2003, 09:26 AM
yea, just burn it. deviance dont crack low quality games others do that

BawA
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
why cant u cheak the pinn section there 2 diffrent Guide to mount the image files(.bin and .iso)

Mounting image (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72415)

Edit:
About cd detection problem its becuz of cd contains protection u need to burn it with alcohol 120% and choose right protection then burn it

but still best way is to Mount it and will not get any problem

Mogito
11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
I have the same problem as Oggy.

Burned cd2 on a cd and it fitted, but when it asked me for cd2 during installation, it didn't want to read it!

Last week I did the same with Fifa 2004 and it worked.

Is there a way to fix this, without using Daemon tools??? :huh:

Russo
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Your burning it as data... you DONT burn images as data. use the burn image option in the software, i suggest Alcohol 120%

Mogito
11-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Well I understand that. I extracted the downloaded file (cod cd2) with isobuster and put that on the cd. That didn't work.

But I understand that I have to burn the image files of cd2 on a new cd.

But how do I convert those extracted files (by Isobuster) to image files so i can burn them on a cd??

Can I do that with Isobuster??? :huh:

BawA
11-26-2003, 06:52 AM
if u did download it from here then its bin image no need to convert just use stiky guides for image burrning to burn or mount them

Mogito
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
You are right bawa.

The downloaded file (cd2) is a BIN Image, so I understand that I should burn this directly to a cd, without using Isobuster.

But when I try to burn it, it's too big! The file is 732 MB and my cd is only 700 MB?

Is there an other way to do this (without using deamon tools, because that's too complicated)?? :(

oggy
11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by tHe LiNk@24 November 2003 - 07:46
Links to daemon tools and its tutorial in signature
tHe LiNk, I downloaded Daemon Tools from the link in your signature and I've read the guide on how to mount files on a Virtual Device. I loaded the .cue file from dev-codb and it loaded succesfully, but the screen told me that I needed to click quit and insert the first CD. But whilst I'm installing the first CD, it isn't possible to minimize the install window and open dev-codb.bin

I'm a bit confused, can you please tell me in simple terms what I now need to do? Thanks :)

far
11-27-2003, 03:41 AM
when it asks u for cd2 just click on windows button on ur task...then open deamon tools and mount image (cd2)...the rest of ur installation should be done then.
Not sure if I helped but I got ur thread up on the first page sonny

Pitbul
11-27-2003, 04:09 AM
are people really this stupid that they cant fallow simply steps. and why the hell would someone use ISOBuster or WinIso to convert a bin unless their burn prog doesn't support the type of extension. but how hard is it to right click the Daemon tool icon at the bottom right corner pick what drive to mount it, mount CD1 when it ask for CD 2 then right click on that same icon mount CD2 then push ok. and if the install screen takes up the whole monitor then press Alt-Tab to minimize that. if you cant do that then i'd reccomend not trying any more you might hurt yourself.

oggy
11-28-2003, 12:53 AM
My problem is now solved :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me and told me how to use Daemon Tools.

Feel free to delete this topic now Mods.

Mogito
11-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Oggy, how did you do it??

I finally downloaded Daemon tools and I understand how it works.

I start the Call of Duty installation with cd1 (from my harddisk), and when it asks for cd2 I mounted the image file of cd2 (bin image) with d-tools.

But when I press OK it still won't continue the installation??

I even tried to mount the cue-file of cd2, but even that didn't work!

What am I doing wrong?? :huh:

Mogito
11-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Doesn't anyone have an idea??

I just did the same with NFS Underground, and that worked perfect!

What's the problem with COD then, and am I the only one with this problem :huh:

Any suggestions??

Russo
11-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Are you mounting CD2 from the Daemon Tools system tray icon. or are you mounting CD 2 from the pop up window that asks you to insert CD 2

johnboy27
12-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Mogito@30 November 2003 - 21:45
Doesn't anyone have an idea??

I just did the same with NFS Underground, and that worked perfect!

What's the problem with COD then, and am I the only one with this problem :huh:

Any suggestions??
Burn them the images to disc if you caa't figure Daemon tools out. The 732 mb file will fit on your 700 mb disc,trust me it will. Images are not the same as data.
Please don't come back to say that it is 732 mb and won't fit on a 700 mb cd as you have already said that and 5 people have already told you it will. You should check out the "Burning bins and cues" sticky. It tells you all about how to do this.

Mogito
12-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Yes Russo, I did it with the tray icon in the right corner and it just wouldn't work!

And do you really think that I didn't try to burn it on a cd? Of course I did, and it just wouldn't fit!

But as I said, I understand Daemon tools (cause it worked with NFS) and I would like to know how to do it with those tools!

[P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
12-01-2003, 08:19 PM
mount it with daemon tools, then press, copy cd, and choose the virtual drive. that's the only way. but, while you install with the mounted image, when it tells you to put in disk 2, press alt+tab, then go to your tray icon, and switch the images.

Mogito
12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
"mount it with daemon tools, then press, copy cd, and choose the virtual drive. that's the only way. "

The second part is clear, but what do you mean with "copy cd", and where can I do that (because that's not possible in Daemon tools).

Mogito
12-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Yes, I finally figured it out!! :lol:

I was (wrongfully) using two devices of Daemon tools and was mounting both cd's on a different device.

When I tried it with just one device (virtual cd-rom), it worked!

So I got the game working, and I want to thank everyone for their help ;)

One small question: in the downloaded folder there is besides the crack for COD, another icon called "dev-cod" and has the letters "NFS" on it.

What is this, and what should I do with it?

Mogito
12-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Any suggestions??

:blink:

Salim
12-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Prolly instructions or a description by the guys who put it for download.