PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn Time

dion09529
12-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Popcorn Time is a system for viewing movies, serials and anime directly online.
The operation is very simple in appearance, and depends very much on the same well-known system of peer-to-peer/seeding process.

How it works?
It's very simple ... you download the software from their site, it doesn't require login/account, is installed on the PC, Mac and Linux (x86/x64), then the show starts. When you select a movie/series, it will run a download file (located in Temp for Win 7/8/8.1 in Users\AppData\ Local\Popcorn-Time), maximum of 2 GB, and then automatically starts watching. Going back to what I said above, speaking of the system on which it's based this platform, highly dependent on your connection, first, and the number of seeders, whom has active the movie/series/anime respectively. The formats are 720p, 1080p, but not so fast, there are not FullHD, but HDRip / BDRip 720p or 1080p encodes. The connection is good, if you have at least 2MB/s (and I think there isn't a problem at this time), watching making it perfectly, without buffering, stuttering and/or disruptions. Popcorn Time is still in beta phase of development, but has a promising future.

https://popcorntime.io/

....enjoy, take the popcorn and see a movie.

Skiz
12-29-2014, 10:59 PM
This has been around for a while. Why are you posting it? If you're attempting to foster a discussion, why not start one instead of just copy/pasting their description and a link?

Posting your experiences.
Explain why you use this over something else.
What are the pros?
What are the cons?
What are the difference in this and things like 1Channel? IceFilms?

"As for users, it’s perfectly legal (although arguably unethical) to use the app because neither you nor the app hold the movies — the movies are pulled from the Internet."

I'm no lawyer, but this sounds false. :unsure:

Whitemus
01-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Seems legit.