PDA

View Full Version : What new show are you watching and enjoying?

jaybow
01-26-2015, 11:12 AM
With new shows starting all the time, some good and some bad, is there anything that you have started to watch that you are really enjoying?

I have started to watch Agent Carter but feel that it could go stale very quickly if they don't introduce a good ongoing story.

I am absolutely loving The Flash and think that the story is so well told with just the right amount of humour to lighten the mood.

Would anyone like to make their own suggestion of a new show that you think others should be watching?

johnstone3333
01-26-2015, 02:30 PM
I like the Flash alot too. Also really digging the 12 Monkeys remake.

phillyc
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Stalker is pretty good, Agent Carter just feels limited.

jmike314
01-27-2015, 12:26 AM
First season of Marco Polo was pretty darn good.
12 Monkeys looks very promising...really into it.
I also got into Legends, Halt and Catch Fire.......and God forgive me but I haven't missed an episode of The 100.

vigalent
01-27-2015, 06:33 AM
The 100 and Flash, haven't missed an episode of either yet.

voodoo55
01-27-2015, 06:53 AM
12 monkeys could be decent, but i can't see it going past the first season. backstrom might be interesting. i hope for a good second season from black sails and helix.

incaved
01-27-2015, 09:56 PM
The 100 was a very nice surprise. Totally missed it for the first season. It looked like teenager nonsense but it's quite alright.
Helix S2 is not captivating me as the first season so far. But I'll give it a go.

happydude
01-27-2015, 10:02 PM
I've started to get into Gotham, thought it was slow in the beginning but has certainly picked up.

joseph1
01-28-2015, 07:12 AM
I am liking the Flash so far, especially the episodes with the Arrow. Also watching Agent Carter. I hope they can keep it fresh.

dalpreet
01-28-2015, 07:24 AM
homeland

masmun
01-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Enjoying The Flash, enjoyed The Librarians, so far also Man Seeking Woman has been enjoyable.

Killie
01-28-2015, 06:54 PM
I just decided to watch all of series 1 of The 100 recently and loved it.. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to!

wackojacko
01-28-2015, 09:05 PM
^^ plan to do the same.
love a good sci-fi

snickerstc
01-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Like Happydude, I just started watching Gotham and it looks promising. I also like Forever and only have a few episodes left.

theflashb
01-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Flash is a good series

shadowrom
01-29-2015, 07:18 AM
the good wife is still great

Arlathan
01-29-2015, 07:40 AM
I am watching Good Wife with my good wife :) We are almost through 2nd season and I can't tell why people are admiring this show. It's more about law firm and Julianna Margulies is doing nothing spectacular. Mostly she's hanging around and smiling. Does it change later?

db_la_23
01-30-2015, 05:36 AM
i am watching Scorpion it looks good so far.

CyberA
01-31-2015, 03:07 AM
Also enjoying the Flash. The Arrow also. The cross over episodes were excellent.

vortecks
01-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Scorpion is definitely worth a watch!

axeraider
01-31-2015, 11:12 PM
star trek enterprise

jack30
02-01-2015, 05:49 AM
Just watched the first 3 episodes of 12 Monkeys which just started and it looks promising, although not as awesome as the movie...

silentmalek
02-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Suits, while predictable and a bit corny has some great characters and a couple of nice looking birds!

qtd85
02-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Walking Dead. Can't wait for this season to start.

madmac999
02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Recently caught up with first season of The Affair, enjoyed the dual perspectives.

mrbubba
02-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Watched Marco Polo on Netflix, very good series and really looking forward to the next one.
Blue Bloods, Person Of Interest and The Arrow (Massive cliff hanger at the end!!)

Caballero
02-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Saw the pilot for "Bosch" and am excited that Amazon decided to go forward with the project. Now I just wish someone would release it for those of us who don't want to waste money on Amazon Prime. ;)

Piterstar
02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
The flash

dlee021772
02-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Gotham and 12 monkeys.

psob2
02-20-2015, 08:18 PM
liked Bosch. as good as a lot of stuff on regular tv

Stu1179
02-25-2015, 02:39 PM
House Of Cards! Great Show!!!

rabcfc
03-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Currently watching Gotham, Walking Dead and Arrow (season 3 far better than season 2) and a couple of episodes of Fortitude under my belt, seems promising!

dark_knight
03-04-2015, 09:52 AM
walking dead - though becoming boring!
Vikings - Love it!
The Americans - average

waiting for..

Game of Thrones
The Knick
True Detective

cheetah33
03-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Perception
Scorpion
Rick and Morty

jloc
03-18-2015, 06:41 AM
Vikings is awesome, just started with new season of Following too. Now that s a show :)

Logical-dude
03-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Blacklist.
Arrow.
Flash.
iZombie.
Person of Interest.
Walking Dead.

To name a few..

IdolEyes787
03-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Blacklist.
Arrow.
Flash.
iZombie.
Person of Interest.
Walking Dead.

To name a few..

I've tried to watch The Blacklist but it's frankly kinda horrible.
Arrow and The Flash are both ghey and not in a good way.
Was looking forward to iZombie but it's obviously trying to be another Buffy right down to the inclusion of David Anders.It's hard to like something that rides so desperately on the coattails of something much better.
Person of Interest - decent show but strays further and further from what made it compelling in the first place only to wander dangerously close to X-files/Fringe conspiracy pointlessness.
Walking Dead- I watched the dreck faithfully until the latest cycle but it got too predictable in how it plays out and haven't caught up and find I'm not missing it at all.
Vikings is another show that might be OK except who do you cheer for when everyone's bad?

megabyteme
03-19-2015, 09:48 PM
I've stuck with Walking Dead. It has been kinda slow lately...

Premise looks good on iZombie. Have not tried it yet.

Watching 12 Monkeys. It might develop. I'm only 4 eps in, so it is still difficult to see where they are going that is different from the movie.

Vikings has held my interest. I'm pleasantly surprised by its ability to keep me watching. I was not expecting much from it to begin with.

Gotham is currently my most anticipated show of the week. Casting is top-notch.

Arrow seems desperate to launch as many spin-offs as it can before becoming completely unwatchable.

IdolEyes787
03-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Gotham's alright and definitely improved with time.Sort of strange that the main character is one of the weakest if not the weakest one though.Not sure if it would be better or worse without the Fish Mooney side plot as that seems to be a meander leading nowhere.

Still like Backstrom even though it's starting to wear on me as it assumes a narrow little groove.Banshee wins for audacity and sheer entertainment but that's done for the season and now more or less counting down the days to Game of Thrones.

Oh and Better Call Saul although it's more or less just the artful tying of loose ends.

Edit I watched this new show The Returned and it was amazingly bad. People return from the dead and no one appears the least bit freaked out about it.It's based on a French series so I assume that explains a lot.

megabyteme
03-20-2015, 12:27 AM
You should appreciate Gordon as a character since he's the underlying glimmer of goodness in an otherwise corrupt, evil city. He's got to play a somewhat weak ember fighting against the sea. Mooney's journey shows how quickly the once-mighty can fall, and how hard one has to fight to get back up again. I'm no fan of Pinkeye Smith, but she's pulling off this character.

Saul is turning out to be more of a pacifier for those lost souls among us who simply cannot believe Breaking Bad is actually over.

I've also recently binge-watched The 100, and am up-to-date. It's strength lies in just how dark and brutal it is willing to go. Would be better if it did not have the bridal of cable television limiting it. Showtime or Cinemax would have been a better channel, IMO.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Basically I can sum up all shows by placing them in two categories,those that try to produce the best product they can and those that don't . Most of the time its pretty easy to see the difference.
Vikings though I don't like tries while The Flash clearly panders.Now apply that to everything and it's simple to separate the quality from the shit.Big Bang Theory-shit, Veep-not shit.

megabyteme
03-20-2015, 01:08 AM
I think some shows just miss their mark without lack of trying. So many hands involved; so many places it can go wrong. Strong writing overcomes quite a bit.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2015, 01:16 AM
I think some shows just miss their mark without lack of trying.

I'm talking long term here,not something like Cop Rock that was destined to fail from the outset.Give me two examples of an audience supported show that strives for a measure of excellence but falls way short.

megabyteme
03-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support? I'm mainly talking about shows that almost qualify as good, but just cannot manage to find their stride.

For your question, these are two that failed to find their audience, but were very much liked:

Police Squad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/) and Firefly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_51)

Stehle
03-20-2015, 01:48 AM
I've also recently binge-watched The 100, and am up-to-date. It's strength lies in just how dark and brutal it is willing to go....

Yeah, two hot women warrior leaders could have developed into such a dark strength... well I would have been willing to go. :blink:

(It is so strange one can feel betrayed, but still loved by the betrayer.) :alien:

megabyteme
03-20-2015, 01:53 AM
I've also recently binge-watched The 100, and am up-to-date. It's strength lies in just how dark and brutal it is willing to go....

Yeah, two hot women warrior leaders could have developed into such a dark strength... well I would have been willing to go. :blink:

(It is so strange one can feel betrayed, but still loved by the betrayer.) :alien:

There can be only one hot woman warrior leader! The story arc with the missile could get pretty dark, too.

singularity
03-20-2015, 03:29 AM
Better Call Saul
The Walking Dead
Good Wife
Empire
...plus a bunch more. I should probably watch less TV.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support? I'm mainly talking about shows that almost qualify as good, but just cannot manage to find their stride.

For your question, these are two that failed to find their audience, but were very much liked:

Police Squad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/) and Firefly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_51)They didn't "miss their mark" they failed to find an audience ,there's a difference.The baseline here is not how popular a show is but if it' lives to be something other than simply a source of income for those involved.

As for "Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support?" Keeping Up With the Kardashians just signed a $100 million dollar deal for it's 10th season and in the same article it said that some iTunes video game about Kim K has generated $47 million dollars in profit so to answer your question "No" and "Fuck no".

dusty_6
03-20-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm enjoying The Last Man on Earth, silly but fun.

pnicho01
03-23-2015, 02:56 AM
Bloodline on Netflix is good

Logical-dude
03-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Watched the first episode of iZombie last night.. total shite..

Love Banshee thou watched it all over the weekend..

Stehle
03-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Going to have a 12 Monkeys binge watch right now. :)

shaina
03-28-2015, 07:42 PM

Police Squad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/) and Firefly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_51)They didn't "miss their mark" they failed to find an audience ,there's a difference.The baseline here is not how popular a show is but if it' lives to be something other than simply a source of income for those involved.

As for "Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support?" Keeping Up With the Kardashians just signed a $100 million dollar deal for it's 10th season and in the same article it said that some iTunes video game about Kim K has generated $47 million dollars in profit so to answer your question "No" and "Fuck no".
I would really like to meet the people or the committee who votes on to what show gets cut or not. I think a lot of them are on the wrong medications when there are making the decision. I cant see why some of these reality shows are picked so fast and for many seasons (boring and repetitive). When you look at some of the small networks take a shot on non-reality tv series and a year later the big networks pick it up. And I have noticed on some occasions that the big networks cancel the show and the small networks keep it alive.

Stehle
04-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Finishing 12 Monkeys binge. :)

(I like time travel shit.) :) :alien:

megabyteme
04-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Watched the first episode of iZombie last night.. total shite..

I've seen all 3 of the eps available to this point. I kinda like the show. My main annoyance with it is that they feel the need to remind us that she's dead every 37 seconds. Yeah, figured that out early in the first show. Move on...

smokeybear
04-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Backstrom......cool show

Stehle
04-11-2015, 11:14 PM
12 Monkeys

(Dunno why, could be the whole time shifting saving the world thing or that I just like monkeys.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 10:23 PM
So the new Daredevil (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/) series garners a 9.4 on IMDB and yet is horrible on every level that actually matters.
To be fair though I don't know if the acting is really that bad as the dialogue is so terrible ("Do you really think that one man in a funny suit can make a difference?") that it's hard to tell.

Seriously plays like Arrow 2.0(this being bad) with worse art direction.Plus did they really have to use the Ben Affleck DD suit as it never really worked in the first place?

shaina
04-12-2015, 11:14 PM
So the new Daredevil (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/) series garners a 9.4 on IMDB and yet is horrible on every level that actually matters.
To be fair though I don't know if the acting is really that bad as the dialogue is so terrible ("Do you really think that one man in a funny suit can make a difference?") that it's hard to tell.

Seriously plays like Arrow 2.0(this being bad) with worse art direction.Plus did they really have to use the Ben Affleck DD suit as it never really worked in the first place?

You know Idol... Your critiquing and your narrative of movies and tv shows is very well appreciated and respected (choking !!and coughing !!)

Just by your un-factual statements and being drastically unrealistic , with all my heart, I thank you.

One thing I can say that is factual ...... Your list of good Movies and Tv Shows is extremely short !!!

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Forgive me for being neither drunk or desperate enough to want to sleep with the fat chick.Feel free to wallow in those fat folds if you lesser standards though.

Daredevil truly is terrible though and not in a good awful way like Meg's posts.

shaina
04-13-2015, 01:08 AM
Forgive me for being neither drunk or desperate enough to want to sleep with the fat chick.Feel free to wallow in those fat folds if you lesser standards though.

Daredevil truly is terrible though and not in a good awful way like Meg's posts.

Here you go Sheldon Cooper (he is Queer in real life) I will take your bait.....

It was terrible compared to What Other TV Marvel Series?? Arrow is now exempt!!

And did you actually watch it , or fast forward it and try to read there lips??

gama39
04-13-2015, 01:15 AM
New season of game of thrones

megabyteme
04-13-2015, 03:06 AM
I still have hopes for Daredevil going in to the 4th episode. So far, it is not as bad as Idol says. I've stuck with Arrow, so I guess that invalidates my opinion. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
04-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Here you go Sheldon Cooper (he is Queer in real life) I will take your bait.....

Arrow is based on a DC comic "Green Arrow.The only Marvel TV adaptions are the abysmal Agents of Shield and low rated Agent Carter, although Hayley Atwell did a good job in that one.So obviously sexism still lives and irony or something.

Daredevil to be entirely truthful isn't "terrible' only poor.Besides the terrible writing it has the same flaw as the aforementioned Arrow.It's a superhero series where the superhero is almost peripheral to the story and instead we get a bunch of uninteresting secondary characters being reasonshipy and whiny.
I understand why they did this with Arrow as being on the CW and as such catering to teenage girls that's basically their bread and butter but I would have thought better from Netflix.

To state this more simplistically,do you think superhero comic books would have ever caught on if Spider Man was only in five percent of the frames and the rest of the time was spent on Mary Jane menstruating?

megabyteme
04-13-2015, 11:19 AM
To state this more simplistically,do you think superhero comic books would have ever caught on if Spider Man was only in five percent of the frames and the rest of the time was spent on Mary Jane menstruating?

Parker would've sensed that coming and gotten clear of the danger. :fear:

shaina
04-14-2015, 05:15 AM

Arrow is based on a DC comic "Green Arrow.The only Marvel TV adaptions are the abysmal Agents of Shield and low rated Agent Carter, although Hayley Atwell did a good job in that one.So obviously sexism still lives and irony or something.

Daredevil to be entirely truthful isn't "terrible' only poor.Besides the terrible writing it has the same flaw as the aforementioned Arrow.It's a superhero series where the superhero is almost peripheral to the story and instead we get a bunch of uninteresting secondary characters being reasonshipy and whiny.
I understand why they did this with Arrow as being on the CW and as such catering to teenage girls that's basically their bread and butter but I would have thought better from Netflix.

To be honest I haven't watched it yet , it is on my list but I haven't gotten to it yet , but here is my sons perspective of it...

-Daredevil characters are believable and likeable
-Arrow is overdramatized , it is bare different from a poorly written soap opera
-Daredevil fighting co-ordination is much less cheesy and well co ordinated with people actually taking damage and getting broken bones
-While romance is a portion of the show in DD it is believable, but it is not the purpose of the story
-Just wait for Suicide Squad and Deadpool to hit the theatres before you go mad with hard rage

rascarl
04-14-2015, 07:32 AM

To be honest I haven't watched it yet , it is on my list but I haven't gotten to it yet , but here is my sons perspective of it...

-Arrow is overdramatized , it is bare different from a poorly written soap opera
-Daredevil fighting co-ordination is much less cheesy and well co ordinated with people actually taking damage and getting broken bones
-While romance is a portion of the show in DD it is believable, but it is not the purpose of the story
-Just wait for Suicide Squad and Deadpool to hit the theatres before you go mad with hard rage
They take some damage. But still nowhere near as much as they would in real life. Also the way the main character doesn't get shot is frankly ridiculous.

shaina
04-14-2015, 07:39 AM

They take some damage. But still nowhere near as much as they would in real life. Also the way the main character doesn't get shot is frankly ridiculous.

Guys!!!! It is a tv series !! You go back and look at most Movies and Tv shows , the main character would be dead in the first episode or the first 10min if you want to talk complete realism. This is not a debate on whose dick is bigger (because I would win)
It is just a show , and the special effects are not that bad in the new series of DD , That's all !!

IdolEyes787
04-14-2015, 11:34 AM
There is no expectation of realism from shows like these but once you've established that something is possible,in this case bad guys carry guns and kill people with them then you're bound to that premise unless you offer up a plausible reason why Daredevil is exempt from that rule.

In your son's defense when I was young I thought a lot of terrible shit was good too.

I totally agree with the bit about the characters are believable and likable though if "believable and likable" means I don't buy it for a second and I have strong feelings of wanting to punch them in the face.

shaina
04-14-2015, 12:45 PM
There is no expectation of realism from shows like these but once you've established that something is possible,in this case bad guys carry guns and kill people with them then you're bound to that premise unless you offer up a plausible reason why Daredevil is exempt from that rule.

In your son's defense when I was young I thought a lot of terrible shit was good too.

I totally agree with the bit about the characters are believable and likable though if "believable and likable" means I don't buy it for a second and I have strong feelings of wanting to punch them in the face.

I guess if you really want realism of Violence today you have to go old school..

The Road-Runner
Batman and Robin (Starring Adam West)
The Flintstones
The Green Hornet
Roger Rabbit (movie)
European Football (soccer) - They get kicked cry for 5min on the turf that there leg or ankle is broken , after they get up and run faster than they did before!!
Kill Bill (both 1-2)

And the list can go on and on

My son is just saying DD was entertaining That's ALL!! Is it the greatest series ever made?? Absolutely Not!!
Now he is watching Get Smart Series (1965-70) , sometimes blood and guts isn't everything. Keeping you entertained is , and if everybody liked the same tv shows and movies ?? The Jews in Hollywood would be very Poor!!

megabyteme
04-14-2015, 01:00 PM

If our eyes are not real, the bullets cannot be, either.

Next question, Mr. Randi?

shaina
04-14-2015, 01:19 PM

If our eyes are not real, the bullets cannot be, either.

Next question, Mr. Randi?

Shit!! I had to look up who that was ??
My conclusion.... He is an older Sheldon Cooper!! (May be Idols new nickname ) for people who are not as Intelligent and sophisticated as you Meg.

GarethSA
04-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Just got onto The Flash and its got me hooked!

topgunsix
05-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Better Call Saul.
A lot better than I expected. Bob Odenkirk is underrated.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2015, 04:08 PM
If by "better" you mean a more boring then we are in complete agreement.

megabyteme
05-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Better Call Saul is like watching the prequels to Star Wars if they focused on the back stories of Greedo and Jabba the Hutt.

huejardon
05-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Started watching Between, second episode aired the other night. Has potential but it could just descend into a bun fight. Only time will tell

IdolEyes787
05-31-2015, 04:00 PM
It told me all that I needed to know in the first eight minutes and then I turned it off.:mellow:

onehalfau
09-26-2015, 08:30 AM
How to Get Away with a Murder

dgrad04
09-29-2015, 02:44 AM
scorpion is a great show!!!

christ0fu
12-18-2015, 01:36 AM
Master of None

quydom196
12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
homelandddd

Mutantx
12-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Not many new ones coming out nowadays but Daredevil was worth a watch

-Mutantx

STHNSv3
12-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Well the NEWEST show that came out worth watching is Blindspot. Other than that only show worth watching that will return is Blacklist, Dominion, Sleepy Hallow, Supernatural, The Walking Dead.

Maan
01-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Not truly new but a total reboot of its first season was season 2 of Legends.
It really changed the show from an merican cop show to a Bourne-like Eurospy adventure with great
storytelling / flashbacks to 4 different periods in its narrative. Was great!
Hope there is another season.

nzbman
04-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Shades of Blue season is now over but showed me some surprise acting skills by Jen Lopez along with a fav actor Ray Liotta as not so straight cops was so good even my wife hopes for a 2nd season ; But I think it was a one season caper that had a great end . a real good supporting cast of both good guys and bad with a lot at stake. Here's hoping I'm wrong. Anybody else watched and enjoyed this show? Hope this is posted in the correct thread .

Kingofyesyall
08-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Been watching GRIMM for a minute now, waiting for the season to startup again.

yombat973
08-05-2016, 08:10 PM
This year 2016, i liked the Quantico and blindspot were main characters wers women

sylverstreek
08-10-2016, 12:38 AM
the night of ... is a good show

Homeland is really good. Preacher is really good too

5thelement
08-13-2016, 03:11 PM
i haven't watched any new good ones after those Dexter and lost TV series times ...

pcsf
10-03-2016, 11:46 AM

Fun show so far. Mid way through and looking forward to see how this season ends in anticipation for the next season.

cnmes
10-03-2016, 07:43 PM
priests , guns and zombies ? looks cool :yikes:

maverick_andy
10-09-2016, 05:42 AM
+1 Preacher!!

sudo
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
family guy and south park

JonieDerby
10-17-2016, 07:54 AM
stranger things, Mr. robot and silicon valley

Dark-T
10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Westworld!
Awesome Pilot - a must see!, but getting weaker from Episode to Episode... (Currently at E04)

saftone
11-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Lethal Weapon is a blast. Good casting of Riggs and Murtaugh. Will definitely keep watching the show.

DaveReg
12-03-2016, 01:38 AM
I just started the walking dead. I think on Sunday, I'll do a marathon session. (Are you serious, I have to wait 2 seconds)?

IcedMojo
12-12-2016, 01:42 AM
Fuller House
Solar Skies
The Ranch

Metsy81
12-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Lucifer

aslanozzy
12-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Frequency

DaveReg
12-26-2016, 03:10 AM
the walking dead

Zorbak
07-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Better Call Saul is truly one of the best tv shows of all time. It's even better than Breaking Bad in m opinion. it has the best characters on television bar none!

vaetrota
09-28-2017, 05:07 PM
I really liked the first season of The Good Place. At the end of every episode I wanted more. Peeved I couldn't binge the whole show. The jury's still out on season 2.