PDA

View Full Version : 2 grabs

Monk3
01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
I sure liked this site. It doesn't stay current, as it doesn't immediately index everything like other nzb sites do but it does avoid getting spammed with TV floods (for example) and it does seem to usually beat other sites with game releases and is usually close with movie releases.
Other sites seem to stick to a '5 grab' policy so I had to be careful dividing the grabs for getting nightly tv shows during the week. Here, was it ten? It was great, I never had to worry about hitting a limit. Sometimes I could just click, click, click and I had everything I needed without having to go somewhere else. Then just recently, "You have hit your 2 limit and have to go elsewhere to get your nzb although you are staring right at it" message.

My FST tab gets loaded along with all my other "entertainment" tabs everyday when I "open all in tabs" so the FST gets a hit or multiple hits from me everyday no matter what. I thought "well, that really, really sucks!" and thought well, I could go to the effort of removing FST from my entertainment tabs and just open FST when I need to, which isn't very often if the limit is 2 grabs. This is the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with the decision to reduce the amount to the ridiculous amount of 2, by being spiteful and removing my 'hit count' for the site which would make a real life impact on the sites count that it shows to its advertisers. But meh, that is more work. I just want my meager amount of nzbs.

Of course, everyone attached to the site in some way will say the usual "Just pay bub". Maybe I would if FST was my one stop shop for all the most recent releases, but it isn't. I have to go elsewhere to get the releases, maybe 4-6 per weekday, that I need.

I paid for Matrix and once down, found FST and other sites that offered the same indexing service but they were all spread out and the sites were no where close to how great matrix was. There are other "just pay bub" sites out there where you can't even see the nzbs. Maybe FST should go that route, then I will remove FST from my "open in all tabs".

Yes this post is negative, it is not meant to offend, it is just my opinion and take on the sharing vs. paying. A post was put up about why people don't post in the forums. Maybe now you know why, most people just want their nzbs. I, like most, live a busy life. I don't have time to hang out in forums or have other places to go where the membership is robust (private torrent sites for example).

happyhead
01-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Wow 2nzbs a day is a stinger. I get it, I have got to post more, but I've always posted many thanks to the posters, don't the thank yous count as a post?

I do spend quite a bit of time on this forum, reading the articles, it is very informative and I have learnt quite a bit from doing so. Do you really want my opinion on everything I read, because I do find a lot of nonsense being posted, people giving a score out of 10 for movies, do you think Liam Neeson is too old for these types of movies and do I like twix. These are just some of the things I have read in posts. You have to dig in a lot of dirt to find a gem and when I find a gem I leave a post, even if it is just a thank you. For example, I have read a lot of stuff about setting up VPN accounts and encryption through the use of this site which was fantastic but everything in the post had already been said - what is the point of me going over it all again with the people who post.

Just a few thoughts - I don't wish to offend
:)

philquad
01-29-2015, 12:43 AM
why dont you's just pay the $12?
its what, a big mac meal & a coke in value

yea yea, i pay on other sites bla bla
i do too, its still cheaper then renting or buying movies
atleast here theres barely any fakes or spam

megabyteme
01-29-2015, 01:15 AM
You have to dig in a lot of dirt to find a gem and when I find a gem I leave a post, even if it is just a thank you.

Why not be one of those who post gems? That's what makes a forum work.

anon
01-29-2015, 02:13 AM
I merged both threads.

megabyteme
01-29-2015, 02:22 AM
I sure liked this site. It doesn't stay current, as it doesn't immediately index everything like other nzb sites do but it does avoid getting spammed with TV floods (for example) and it does seem to usually beat other sites with game releases and is usually close with movie releases.
Other sites seem to stick to a '5 grab' policy so I had to be careful dividing the grabs for getting nightly tv shows during the week. Here, was it ten? It was great, I never had to worry about hitting a limit. Sometimes I could just click, click, click and I had everything I needed without having to go somewhere else. Then just recently, "You have hit your 2 limit and have to go elsewhere to get your nzb although you are staring right at it" message.

My FST tab gets loaded along with all my other "entertainment" tabs everyday when I "open all in tabs" so the FST gets a hit or multiple hits from me everyday no matter what. I thought "well, that really, really sucks!" and thought well, I could go to the effort of removing FST from my entertainment tabs and just open FST when I need to, which isn't very often if the limit is 2 grabs. This is the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with the decision to reduce the amount to the ridiculous amount of 2, by being spiteful and removing my 'hit count' for the site which would make a real life impact on the sites count that it shows to its advertisers. But meh, that is more work. I just want my meager amount of nzbs.

Of course, everyone attached to the site in some way will say the usual "Just pay bub". Maybe I would if FST was my one stop shop for all the most recent releases, but it isn't. I have to go elsewhere to get the releases, maybe 4-6 per weekday, that I need.

I paid for Matrix and once down, found FST and other sites that offered the same indexing service but they were all spread out and the sites were no where close to how great matrix was. There are other "just pay bub" sites out there where you can't even see the nzbs. Maybe FST should go that route, then I will remove FST from my "open in all tabs".

Yes this post is negative, it is not meant to offend, it is just my opinion and take on the sharing vs. paying. A post was put up about why people don't post in the forums. Maybe now you know why, most people just want their nzbs. I, like most, live a busy life. I don't have time to hang out in forums or have other places to go where the membership is robust (private torrent sites for example).

In short, you USE the site but DO NOT CONTRIBUTE anything. That's called a deficit. There is no reason why anyone should care how you are effected.

philquad
01-29-2015, 02:29 AM
why not just make it paid site for nzbs?
stops the wingers & contributes $ at the same time
id rather pay up then scroll through the other sites with 100s fakes & no comments

talking about comments
you can understand a little of people not posting
take spary here thats paid up but has 3 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparky15 View Post
I'm sure there will be a lot more posts with n00bs like me onboard.

old members reply:
Add "shit" to that statement and it sounds about right.

so is he saying if you dont have 15,000 post like him all your posts are just "shit" ?

IdolEyes787
01-29-2015, 01:10 PM

When I was in the Marines and thankfully only had to deal with whiny tab talking homosexuals such as yourself while killing them,we use to have this saying "There are no obstacles,only opportunities".

Also I don't see the logic in you pretending to be too "busy" to write a mere ten posts while at the same time complaining how you can only download two TV shows and night and are extremely restricted in the number of video games you can play. :mellow:

old members reply:
Add "shit" to that statement and it sounds about right.

so is he saying if you dont have 15,000 post like him all your posts are just "shit" ?

No I'm saying they're shit because most don't actually really say anything and I don't know how many more variations of "The Flash is my favourite show because I'm 14 and have no taste " I can take.
I mean literally what is the point of these "favourite" stuff threads when all answers are basically the same?
Or what is the purpose of the Breaking Bad thread when it now consists of people only saying "Gee gonna watch Gotta Call Saul"?

philquad
01-29-2015, 11:37 PM
i think the sites due for a overhaul
4000 day old stickies & 500 day old post, no wonder it taste stale
delete all the old crap, make a few new categories & it might get more interest

i posted about new amd socket in the computer bit days ok, not 1 reply
wtf do these ppl download on? iphones? im friggin exited about 25 watt cpu's

IdolEyes787
01-30-2015, 12:06 AM
4000 day old stickies & 500 day old post(s)

I believe it's called charm.

i posted about new amd socket in the computer bit days ok, not 1 reply
wtf do these ppl download on? iphones? im friggin exited about 25 watt cpu's

Even though I don't care about ghey stuff like that nonetheless I would have replied if it helped me download more NZBs .What can I say,I'm an ignorant whore.:)

philquad
01-30-2015, 03:01 AM
i thought you were a poofter killer ex navy seal?
didnt you blow away 100 guys with 1 bullet?
or was it you blew 100 guys at once? something like that over rated yankie sniper lol

IdolEyes787
01-30-2015, 03:33 PM
or was it you blew 100 guys at once?

No that would be your Dad and it was more consecutively.

Now before we proceed any further along would you please tell me how old you are and if you actually live in Australia,which given your butchering of the English language I doubt, as I need to make any further comments age/region appropriate.

Btw here in the barracks we are having a poll,or as you would say "pole" on what age you are.The smart money currently is on "Twelve but only mildly retarded" but since I'm a risk taker I'm gong with "Sixteen but recently suffered significant head trauma" as it has the best pay out.:)

philquad
01-31-2015, 12:45 AM
wow, you are exceptionally bright for a jar head
my father died 6 months ago, but he was a butcher & so was i
i dont have brain injury, but, i am a quadriplejic, if that counts? (phil-quad, who would guess that)
and yes, the aussie word is poll also, i think pole is 1 of those things you yankie (or yanky) soldiers use to dance around or maybe put places you shouldn't lol

now,this is fun, why dont we open a slinging off category for idiots like us to argue in? in a aussie forum, this crap wont last 5 seconds, and we'd both be banned

IdolEyes787
01-31-2015, 02:02 AM
Sorry for my insensitivity and your situation .From what little I understand about people who aren't me,everyone likes to be treated more or less the same so I'll try not to feel sorry for you unless like Meg you want me to.
Anyway I now totally understand why your sentences look like they're written by you banging your head against the keyboard because apparently the have been written by you banging your head against the keyboard.

Btw I guess a little exposition goes a long way as I've totally change my opinion about you.Not because you're a gimp but rather because you handled this situation with good humour.

PS You're still zero for two as it's Yankee .

Also jarhead one word.

PPS Australia sounds really Nazi .Remind me never to visit there.

philquad
01-31-2015, 02:45 AM
no need for any niceness, i knew we had a common bond
aussie slang, yes well i do i agree on that, its the 200 yrs of putting up with the poms that made us develop our own unique language
i actually type with a pencil strapped to my hand so im not no christopher reeves, i drink stubbies & smoke like any true blue white man
we love nazi's, its the muslims were not happy about, we recently had a shocking siege in a coffee shop, lucky only 3 died, 2 of ours & the gunman
to enlighten you on aussie culture, i suggest you & the boys watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUzVgJJ65vw

you may want to look at the lyrics though http://justin.justnet.com.au/oz/australiana/
as some phrases may not make sense unless your a abo (indigenous australian)

btw, go chad reed wwooaa

Monk3
01-31-2015, 07:52 AM
I disagree. I comment on nzbs. I warn other members about troubles with nzbs. I am a daily visitor to this site which adds to their member count and unique-visitor-whatever term that the owners can use as a selling item when selling ads. So I contribute to the revenue generation of the site by being an active user. Counter point?

I just noted that although I posted 11 posts to conform to the rules, two were removed from my total so that I only had 9, unless I checked, I would have to wait another 15 days after waiting 15 days. Is this passive aggressive rule implementation using subterfuge to disenfranchise?

Sorry for my insensitivity and your situation .From what little I understand about people who aren't me,everyone likes to be treated more or less the same so I'll try not to feel sorry for you unless like Meg you want me to.
Anyway I now totally understand why your sentences look like they're written by you banging your head against the keyboard because apparently the have been written by you banging your head against the keyboard.

Btw I guess a little exposition goes a long way as I've totally change my opinion about you.Not because you're a gimp but rather because you handled this situation with good humour.

PS You're still zero for two as it's Yankee .

Also jarhead one word.

PPS Australia sounds really Nazi .Remind me never to visit there.

Wow, mods delete my "you have to make words appear on this site posts" but keep posts from the two of you. That is a head shaker. LOL. Got to love the internet! I am too, am an Auzzie quad. But also I have been president of the united states.... guess my name.

Very entertaining, that is new for US and Auzzie posters...

IdolEyes787
01-31-2015, 01:28 PM
I am a daily visitor to this site which adds to their member count and unique-visitor-whatever term that the owners can use as a selling item when selling ads. So I contribute to the revenue generation of the site by being an active user. Counter point?.

And yet somehow I'm just guessing this is lip service and you don't sit in front of TV making it a point to watch every ad since they are really the ones funding the stuff you're stealing.:ermm:

Wow, mods delete my "you have to make words appear on this site posts" but keep posts from the two of you. That is a head shaker. LOL. Got to love the internet! I am too, am an Auzzie quad. But also I have been president of the united states.... guess my name.

Since apparently Douchey McDouchebag was technically never a President I'm going with Millard Fillmore for obvious reasons.

As why your posts were deleted,like everything bad that happens on this site and probably universally, it's entirely Rart's fault.
I strongly suggest you send him a threatening PM and make sure you include some racist comments about his Japanese ancestors.

Monk3
01-31-2015, 07:42 PM
And yet somehow I'm just guessing this is lip service and you don't sit in front of TV making it a point to watch every ad since they are really the ones funding the stuff you're stealing.:ermm:

Since apparently Douchey McDouchebag was technically never a President I'm going with Millard Fillmore for obvious reasons.

As why your posts were deleted,like everything bad that happens on this site and probably universally, it's entirely Rart's fault.
I strongly suggest you send him a threatening PM and make sure you include some racist comments about his Japanese ancestors.

Stealing?! A fellow ex-marine auzzie quad former POTUS would prefer "sharing" ex-soldier! The site you spam/live-through is fileSHARINGtalk.
I belong to a private MMA site, they have a forum category called "no holds barred". It is where spiteful, hateful, assholes (can I say asshole? It isn't a insult, just a fact. If not allowed please feel free to change it to what ever "allowable" horrible insult) like yourself can go and rant and strip pieces off each other, really a place who want abuse can go and get it and it keeps them out of gen-pop.
Glad my post counts add to your "life", you are welcome.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2015, 08:26 PM
I broke into a guy's house and relieved him of all his silverware.Then I handed out some of his cutlery to a bunch of my friends.My defense in court was that I wasn't stealing, I was sharing. Obviously the judge bought it because I'm only serving 3 to 5.:blink:

Also why do dickweeds say "no insult or no offense " when obviously the entire point was to insult or offend?
Is it to drive home the vileness of the offense like twisting the knife after you've already stuck it in?

Lastly as I generally never stoop to personal attacks except in jest, though asshole I may well be I'm still fairly confident that you're the only spiteful(ie malicious) or hateful one here. :mellow:

It's also laughable how you used the fact that the site is called Filesharingtalk in your post and your main complaint seems to be that you are expected to talk.
I can't see myself going to some NZB site and telling them they shouldn't have NZBs .:blink:

philquad
01-31-2015, 11:56 PM
im just glad all this extra posting is bringing us all closer together
see what your done idol?
dont worry monk, ill send you nzb's, i paid the $12, they cant touch me

Greko
02-02-2015, 01:43 AM
This reminds me of the good old days when forums were in it's infancy and flame wars were the topics that ruled. things haven't changed much over the years. I'm feeling right at home and back in time.

ragermac
02-02-2015, 03:26 PM
what

I don't think it is fair, but I will post more.

philquad
02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
what

whats not fair? just pay the $12 frigging dollars & you dont have to post
other nzb sites have a 5 grab rule also unless you donate

megabyteme
02-03-2015, 08:15 AM
what

What is it that is imbalanced in your equation? What are you giving the site vs what are you receiving?

Go ahead, we'll wait for you to do the math...

TeeLex
02-04-2015, 09:48 PM
It's fair. No big deal.

trickyrat
02-05-2015, 05:57 PM
OK, I haven't hit the NZB limit, so can someone fill me in with the sordid details (sorry, but having read the whole thread, I noticed it quickly drifted off into a discussions between Gay Marines or something...)

Anyway, are we back to the "You must post more", or is this simply a "pay up or wait 24 hours" jobbie?

Cheers,

Tricky.

usekitty
02-06-2015, 03:27 AM
i thought it was weird to come on to find a 2 limit now. Is this new?

philquad
02-06-2015, 06:07 AM
30 days, 10 posts & bludge 10 nzbs or pay $12 & you are god

n00b
Your title will be set to n00b when you register on the site.
Have access all sections of the board with some restricted
Have full access to BT Invites & Trades Section

Your title will change to Member when registered for 15 days and have 5 posts.
Have access to NZB Section with 2 daily grabs
Have 100 Private Message capacity

Posters
Your title will change to Poster when registered for 30 days and have 10 posts.
Have access to NZB Section with 10 daily grabs
Have 250 Private Message capacity

BT God Name: btgod.png Views: 24256 Size: 29.4 KB
Your title will change to BT God when registered for 30 days and have 100 BT Rep points.
Have access to NZB Section with unlimited grabs
Have 500 Private Message capacity

Donator Name: donator.png Views: 27857 Size: 29.2 KB
Your title will change to Donator when you DONATE to the site.
Have access to NZB Section with unlimited grabs
Have 500 Private Message capacity
Less ads on the site

Trythepie
02-06-2015, 08:46 AM
God bless the Australians.
To better understand Australia everyone should watch
the mini-series " Against the Wind".
One of my all time favorites.

philquad
02-06-2015, 09:18 AM
never heard of it
mate we too busy drinkin piss or skinning roo's
you wanna be aussie, you gotta watch houso's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hemWpkuaNOM

trickyrat
02-06-2015, 05:43 PM
never heard of it
mate we too busy drinkin piss or skinning roo's
you wanna be aussie, you gotta watch houso's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hemWpkuaNOM

Seems like you are well prepared for the return of Rolf Harris.

(We are sending him back..! :))

jbondnj007
02-06-2015, 10:31 PM
I've been a long time member and I'm pretty bummed about the 2 grab limit. I'll definitely try to contribute more but debating about donating.

philquad
02-07-2015, 08:00 AM
yea but you keep gary glitter, his a sicko

2 grabs, post each time you grab, 15 days you can grab 10
& youll have a whole 30 posts

mrbubba
02-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Only just noticed this too, bit of a pain as I've used the site for a few years now, as the others gradually go down. Wouldn't mind donating, but like others, I've been stung before, when sites have disapeared.

It says a 2 grab limit, however I had 3 when it told me

megabyteme
02-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Only just noticed this too, bit of a pain as I've used the site for a few years now, as the others gradually go down. Wouldn't mind donating, but like others, I've been stung before, when sites have disapeared.

If you can trust RealtY, I don't know who you can't trust.

slippery49
02-10-2015, 03:36 AM
guess it is a valid way to get us members to contribute to site more

IdolEyes787
02-10-2015, 06:10 PM

I totally agree except for the valid and contribute parts.

Zoidbort
02-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Agreed...never come to the forum and I should be!

osofast88
02-11-2015, 01:11 AM
3 seems to be the limit for me

Zoidbort
02-11-2015, 02:20 AM
I think it is 2 per 24 hours until you hit 10 posts.

wraith2626
02-11-2015, 10:44 PM
I've been a long time member and I'm pretty bummed about the 2 grab limit. I'll definitely try to contribute more but debating about donating.

Same here...odd that the two limit kicked in, either something was broke, or changed. Long time member and previously had no two grab limit. Does 7 more posts really equal anything meaningful to get 10 grabs? Seems silly...

slippery49
02-12-2015, 03:43 AM

I totally agree except for the valid and contribute parts.

tell me how you really feel, lol

lay down on the doctors lounge to make yourself more comfortable

peternova
02-12-2015, 04:08 AM

Same here...odd that the two limit kicked in, either something was broke, or changed. Long time member and previously had no two grab limit. Does 7 more posts really equal anything meaningful to get 10 grabs? Seems silly...

I thought the change was odd too. As you say 7 more posts probably doesn't add much but at least it's not hard to do.

Insyder
02-13-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't really like this 2 grabs per 24 hours limit. I know you are trying to promote forums and trying to get more donations, but it seems that it also might drive away people from this site because they can't be bothered to make 10 posts or pay. Like someone already mentioned earlier, users contribute even if they are not donators.

I like this site because nzbs are uploaded manually, so usually only legit stuff is posted on the site. But in order for content to be on the site you need nzb uploaders. If users are driven away by some limits, you'll also lose some nzb uploaders or potential future nzb uploaders. Compared to previous nzb giants (newzbin, nzbmatrix), this site is not that great, a lot of the quality stuff that is posted on newsgroups never makes it to this site, or if it does, much later then it was posted. This is because you don't have that many nzb uploaders. I find myself looking at other nzb sites some times because I can't find what I was looking for here. I uploaded some of those nzbs to this site, also if there's something wrong with the posts I would post comments on them (I don't think I ever had to on this site though). I'm sure there are many people like me who don't talk on forums but do contribute in some way to the site.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a website to a friend which imposes such limits.

IdolEyes787
02-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you being lazy.

piercerseth
02-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Every other site has a pay for play model. Don't like it? Go elsewhere. That's your right. To suggest, paradoxically, that people will come out of the woodwork to contribute by making it easier to leech is foolish and goes against pretty much everything we've seen here in the past few months. People participate or they don't. I had my reasons, and they never once involved money or compensation.

Threatening you or your friends' patronage like some entitled old lady on Yelp just sounds jilted and childish.

IdolEyes787
02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you a being lazy censored.

Now I know you're Chinese because you think censorship is the solution to any problem.:ermm:

Also it's a word not a fist and I could have just as easily put "flower" with the same "hostile" intent and I suppose that would be OK if you're Southern Baptist or stupid.

famoussasjohn
02-14-2015, 02:24 AM
I just noticed it last night by accidentally clicking on the download button on the same NZB lol.

andreta
02-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you being lazy.

It's not unreasonable at all; but for some reason, I had trouble finding the new rules .
I mean, who reads the 'Read first' threads ? :happy:

IWasSomeone
02-15-2015, 11:49 PM

You're a retired staff member. And you had your post edited. You really shouldn't have bbeen staff

IdolEyes787
02-16-2015, 12:46 AM
You're perfectly right but just not in the way you meant it.

IWasSomeone
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
You're perfectly right but just not in the way you meant it.

what do you mean?

patkhoo
02-16-2015, 02:31 AM
I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.. Is it a technical problem? Can it be fixed in some way? Or some kind of search that someone could do to prove that they have posted enough and appeal to the moderators to update their status?

philquad
02-16-2015, 06:41 AM
they forgot its 2015

famoussasjohn
02-19-2015, 02:18 AM
As long as the site owner doesn't pull another NZBsRus fiasco, I'm fine with this. For NZBsRus details - http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1h49o0/nzbsruscom_closing/caqpeoy

Had a subscription based option that offered lifetime unlimited downloads, they made a new subscription model that could only be bought with Bitcoin (making it more expensive as well) that allowed you to download. Users who didn't subscribe couldn't download anything.

piercerseth
02-19-2015, 02:40 AM
I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.

I've seen it before, what happens when "participation" becomes compulsory. Not saying you specifically, but what'll result is a large number of users spamming nzb comments with (verbatim), "thanks," "good one," or "me too." All that does is change the venue. Slightly.

dickpeters
02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
I got hit with the two grabs a day today and had no idea about it, I might not get anything for a few days and then all of a sudden I might see more than two but limited now. If I have to post more, guess I'll have to try and get my count up.

psob2
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
I'd be glad to donate if I could do it with a credit card. do not want to sign up with paypal

patkhoo
02-25-2015, 05:47 AM
I have a question, and maybe it has been covered before. I've been on FST for a long time, over 3 years now. And I have no problem with posting on the forums to get more privs. But my question is, why posts in the NZB section do not count? If it is, I would surely have gotten more than the 10 required to be a poster by now. Or at least, that's what I do try to do from time to time, to tell people about the quality of the file or such. But it is a bummer that useful posts / comments like that do not count.

I've seen it before, what happens when "participation" becomes compulsory. Not saying you specifically, but what'll result is a large number of users spamming nzb comments with (verbatim), "thanks," "good one," or "me too." All that does is change the venue. Slightly.

OK, so we'll end up with "not very useful" stuff in the forums instead of the NZB comments section.. How's that help? At least with the NZB Section, there already is a quick and easy mechanism for "Thanks" .. Which, I agree in the spirit of things, should not count towards the post total. Or maybe instead of allowing comments on a particular NZB, shift the comments to the forums? But I admit, that might not be very easy to do..

I guess I'm just trying to understand the reasons why the forums is counted, but the comments in the NZB section is not. :( There is a kind of (smaller) "Community" there too.. Or else we'll end up being "discriminatory" against introverts .. Ha ha h aha! LOL! ;)

piercerseth
02-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Whatever the case, I don't make the rules. Completely out of my hands.

Gribley
02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
I got hit with the two grabs a day today and had no idea about it, I might not get anything for a few days and then all of a sudden I might see more than two but limited now. If I have to post more, guess I'll have to try and get my count up.

Not read the whole thread but limits do not apply to adding to a an NZB download group.... you can add as many as you like and then download the one big NZB which works for me (I have a whole 10 per day limit) on the odd occasion I can`t be arsed to find stuff myself and grab a load from this most excellent site :)

patkhoo
02-26-2015, 03:42 AM
Whatever the case, I don't make the rules. Completely out of my hands.

No worries.. I understand.. I realise it may also be entirely technical, as the comments section is on a different platform as the forums.. I just want to understand the reasons that's all.. All's Good.. :)

haz24
03-01-2015, 12:03 PM
cheap really

dark_knight
03-03-2015, 07:32 PM
hi

what do i need to do get more than 2 grabs a day?

ive gone through a few of these pages but i might be understanding things wrong
im not a regular forum user but i have been downloading quite often, probably less than 10gigs a month from here

could someone please clarify for me

rabcfc
03-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I would also like more than 2 grabs a day, not every day though

knightmire
03-09-2015, 12:10 AM
Wow, I didn't notice the 2 grab limit until today, i guess it's rare that I need more. How is it that sharing/posting NZB's don't count for anything?? Nor do comments within shared in the nzb section and thanks?
Seems like those would be the more useful areas to comment in then here in forums, that I only check when something is broken or to inflate my *required* post count.
Now I have to run around and create 5 more useless posts like this one! lol

Gribley
03-09-2015, 10:27 AM
you can add as many as you like and then download the one big NZB...

Really no one in the last few post has figured you can use the add to button "the +" and keep on going without adding to download count.... when done do a download of the grouped nzb.

I did offer this suggestion and have used it so I hope that it will not get pulled as an exploit. For now and since leeches probably don`t look at the forums we may be safe shhh.....

Caballero
03-10-2015, 12:17 AM

Really no one in the last few post has figured you can use the add to button "the +" and keep on going without adding to download count.... when done do a download of the grouped nzb.

I did offer this suggestion and have used it so I hope that it will not get pulled as an exploit. For now and since leeches probably don`t look at the forums we may be safe shhh.....

No, I saw your original post and tried it -- works beautifully and makes things a bit easier when being a file whore... Would be nice if the queue cleared itself after you download it, but that's just me being lazy. :)

piercerseth
03-10-2015, 12:36 AM

I don't think reading for comprehension is on the list of acquired life skills for most 10 post wonders or silent leeches.

Gribley
03-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Would be nice if the queue cleared itself after you download it, but that's just me being lazy

Agree. Also once you`ve done the collection you have to go back into viewing a post so you can get to the download button again..... and then the delete/'confirm?'. Odd it can`t be accessed at a higher level but a minor niggle for a very handy function :)

Bumps
03-13-2015, 12:28 AM
It stinks using up your two leech limit on dead links :( Happens to me a lot

IdolEyes787
03-13-2015, 12:59 AM
It stinks belonging to a forum where 99.9% of the membership have zero interest in posting.

megabyteme
03-13-2015, 01:14 AM

It isn't like this FREE service does not offer ways to increase that limit. :dry:

Gribley
03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Bumps trust me don`t do it... you will not like meg when he gets angry (I believe that avatar picture is actually him). Walk away and maybe very far away depending on how you take things.......

It isn't like this FREE service does not offer ways to increase that limit. :dry:

megabyteme
03-13-2015, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkxI-TcuCJg

Bumps trust me don`t do it... you will not like meg when he gets angry (I believe that avatar picture is actually him). Walk away and maybe very far away depending on how you take things.......

Bumps
03-14-2015, 02:50 AM
Sorry, wasn't meant to piss anyone off, just stating a fact. I am far too old and wise to partake in a forum battle. I have done my time over the years and contributed more than my fair share, life has gotten to the point where it doesn't allow for the time I used to have so now I just grab a few things here and there.

megabyteme
03-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Sorry, wasn't meant to piss anyone off, just stating a fact. I am far too old and wise to partake in a forum battle. I have done my time over the years and contributed more than my fair share, life has gotten to the point where it doesn't allow for the time I used to have so now I just grab a few things here and there.

And that is understandable. But, why not simply make a handful of posts that contribute more than complaining (which has become the WORST form of spam on the board) about the thing we've heard ad nauseum? Heck, tell us about the last movie/tv program you downloaded and liked, your other hobbies, your job, where you've spent time on other forums, etc.

The admin (singular) is the one who has done this to all of us. It has resulted in dissatisfaction from all parties except his wallet. That said, there are members here who enjoy visiting with/helping and even laughing with fellow members.*

*In lieu of these other options, we will opt for laugh at. :whistling

bladex452
03-20-2015, 02:50 AM
2 nzb is brutal limit.

impakt
03-24-2015, 05:21 AM
Yeah it's pretty low but just need to hit 10 posts and you get 10, right?

twenty1
03-24-2015, 02:33 PM
How about just pay $12

I paid the money, but did get a msg today about a limit of 2....could be a bug, I'm hoping ;-)

phaedra
04-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I'm also a donator but got the 2 limit message today :(

Now sorted