PDA

View Full Version : AR10 or AR15?

cwoodrum
02-04-2015, 05:26 PM
The AR 15 is one of the most popular rifles in the world but how does it stand up to the punching power of the AR10?

madjock
02-04-2015, 05:58 PM
If you class the world as America, them maybe...but the AK-47 is the most popular in the world by a fair margin.

piercerseth
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Molon labe + Gadsden snake avatar = gun thread. Never fails.

You can't spit without hitting a riced out AR that looks like something the SHOT show ejaculated all over. Plus what madjock said.

megabyteme
02-04-2015, 06:45 PM
The AR 15 is one of the most popular rifles in the world but how does it stand up to the punching power of the AR10?

Why do you ask? Is this just to make a post, are you purchasing, knocking off a bank, or just trying to impress your redneck friends?

megabyteme
02-04-2015, 06:50 PM
the SHOT show ejaculated all over.

LOL! Came ( :shifty: ) across this video the other night. Watch to the end, and you will see their prototype grappling hook that fires out of the can shooter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlrGjikQvlY

TheFoX
02-04-2015, 06:56 PM
If you class the world as America, them maybe...but the AK-47 is the most popular in the world by a fair margin.

Don't confuse available and affordable with popular. Just because the AK-47 has been massed produced to the point of ridiculousness, doesn't mean it is popular, just more widely available. There are plenty of rifles that are more desirable, but are out of the reach of your average terrorist due to either cost or availability.

After all, the DSR-1 has different calibers allowing a range of rounds to be used, as well as having a tripod and a silencer attachment, along with a snazzy scope.

IdolEyes787
02-04-2015, 07:05 PM
The AR 15 is one of the most popular rifles in the world but how does it stand up to the punching power of the AR10?Seems like an unnecessarily convoluted way of telling everyone that you have a micro penis.

piercerseth
02-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Can Cannon
:O Wow, I don't even. The apex of human ingenuity right there. I bet they'd sell more if the upper could accomodate 24 oz tallboys. Or tshirts. I need sabots that'll handle XXL wife beaters.

IdolEyes787
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM

Don't confuse available and affordable with popular. Just because the AK-47 has been massed produced to the point of ridiculousness, doesn't mean it is popular, just more widely available. There are plenty of rifles that are more desirable, but are out of the reach of your average terrorist due to either cost or availability.

After all, the DSR-1 has different calibers allowing a range of rounds to be used, as well as having a tripod and a silencer attachment, along with a snazzy scope.

The AK-47 is popular because it's simple and extremely reliable. It's lack of accuracy isn't really an issue as most are in the hands of fairly untrained people who are just going to spray and pray and happily die by the hundreds anyway.

megabyteme
02-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Don't confuse available and affordable with popular.

But...Idol's sister is all three. :idunno:

megabyteme
02-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Can Cannon
:O Wow, I don't even. The apex of human ingenuity right there. I bet they'd sell more if the upper could accomodate 24 oz tallboys. Or tshirts. I need sabots that'll handle XXL wife beaters.

I'd kinda like to see some Walmart fatties getting shot in the ass from about 30 yards away with any of the above. :w00t:

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Guys, the AR-10 is the same caliber as the Kalashnikov with the same look as the AR-15.

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I was starting this post to ask opinions of people who have some knowledge on the subject not to illicit comments from people who dislike guns. I'm going to purchase, and already own an AR-15. The AK-47 is of poor quality in my opinion used by savages. Funny thing is you think redneck is an insult.....

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 07:55 PM
76 countries use the M-16, the military version of the AR-15

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Maybe more mass produced, but like the SKS the quality is poor.

IdolEyes787
02-08-2015, 08:02 PM
I was starting this post to ask opinions of people who have some knowledge on the subject not to illicit comments from people who dislike guns. . Funny thing is you think redneck is an insult.....

Elicit ,warmonger.

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 08:10 PM
LMFAO, typical Canadian....

IdolEyes787
02-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Also how figure I dislike guns?
Maybe I'm just sensible and dislike what they stand for and what they are capable of and let's not forget,the generally unthinking people who own them.:)

IdolEyes787
02-08-2015, 08:13 PM
LMFAO, typical Canadian....

I don't think there's such a thing unless you're given to racism which I sense you are given your previous "savages" comment.

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Seems like a very Liberal comment....

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Savages as relating to ISIL and what they have been doing to innocent people they capture

IdolEyes787
02-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Lot of White people,members of ISIL?

cwoodrum
02-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Lot of White people,members of ISIL?

I know, it does not have to do with race, it has to do with ideology. Weak minded people who can be brainwashed and lead to doing barbaric things.

piercerseth
02-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Guys, the AR-10 is the same caliber as the Kalashnikov with the same look as the AR-15.

Wut? 7.62 x 39 != 7.62 x 51

Blowing up people extrajudically via drone is just as savage as immolating some poor sod in a cage. A bit sexier maybe.

cwoodrum
02-09-2015, 02:08 AM

Wut? 7.62 x 39 != 7.62 x 51

Blowing up people extrajudically via drone is just as savage as immolating some poor sod in a cage. A bit sexier maybe.

Ar-10 is a .308 same as the AK-47

I agree, the whole drone thing is a chicken shit way to kill your enemy. Ground troops and a steady air campaign could wipe them out but what then? Still a vacuum....

megabyteme
02-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Funny thing is you think redneck is an insult.....

No, but I do not believe I've ever seen it used in a complimentary fashion. :idunno:

megabyteme
02-09-2015, 04:48 AM
I agree, the whole drone thing is a chicken shit way to kill your enemy. Ground troops and a steady air campaign could wipe them out but what then? Still a vacuum....

So, carpet bombing from a mile in the air with manned aircraft is honorable, but an unmanned drone is cowardly. Fact is, we have technological superiority over our enemies. Ever hear the phrase, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight"? It's like that. Only a 1000 times worse.

We have the capabilities to level any city in a matter of hours. We are putting our ground troops in harms way in an effort to only target combattants. Saying we are 'chicken shit' under the circumstances is a bit ignorant of the entirety of the efforts being made.

piercerseth
02-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Ar-10 is a .308 same as the AK-47

Try to chamber a .308 in your AK, watch what happens. (http://oi41.tinypic.com/wionwx.jpg)

megabyteme
02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Try to chamber a .308 in your AK

I love euphemisms. :happy:

piercerseth
02-09-2015, 09:19 AM

Work the action for a little while, and then spit on it. It'll go. :naughty:

megabyteme
02-09-2015, 09:33 AM

Work the action for a little while, and then spit on it. It'll go. :naughty:

LOL! Speaking of which, Amazon gave me a chuckle yesterday. My 'Recommendations Based on Recent Browsing History' placed together 1. A submersible pump 2. Clear 1/2" hose 3. Hose clamp and 4. Silicon-based personal lubricant

Apparently, they see me as the 'Fill 'er up' kind of guy :idunno:

TheFoX
02-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Apparently, they see me as the 'Fill 'er up' kind of guy :idunno:

They've got you pegged quite well then.

IdolEyes787
02-09-2015, 01:14 PM

Fox might want to cover her ears right now.....

Spoken like someone who has never actually seen combat.
Dead by bullet or dead by bomb I'm fairly sure corpses can't tell the difference and so don't hold it against you.

As Meg said it's PR war and an issue of collateral damage and winning the hearts and minds of the populace.Or at least not having them hate you to the extent that their evil bastards in power will still do business with our evil bastards in power.

It's not 1945 and this isn't Dresden and it's hard to make a case for bombing a bunch of women and children,brown though they be to take out a munitions factory.Even Israel has a hard time selling that one.

Far better to have a few thousand of your own die and wrap them in the flag and hope that things get settled before the patriotic glow wears off and tide of reality turns against you and the whole mess becomes another Vietnam.

TheFoX
02-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I totally agree. We are more than happy to see hundreds of our troops die for a good cause than see one single civilian maimed. When a soldier returns with missing limbs, we call them a 'Hero', and praise them for their sacrifice while ensuring that their compensation payout is minimal. On the other hand, if a civilian loses a limb, we fly them to western shores, give them the best medical treatment, give them VIP coverage in the media, and make them honorary members of our society.