PDA

View Full Version : Site updating and search ?

julesdrools
02-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Hi,

I've had the situation before when I'm waiting for a TV program to be posted by some kind soul that I check all the NZBs posted ordered by age, search for the program by name (shout out to 12 Monkeys - AWESOME TV), clear cache, hit refresh a few times use a different computer, etc and I don't see the program. Then after a while when I refresh it will say that the NZB has been posted for 20 minutes already.

Anyway, I was just wondering if that is due to something that I'm doing wrong or anything I can change... Thank you for any help.

/julesdrools

piercerseth
02-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Hi,

I've had the situation before when I'm waiting for a TV program to be posted by some kind soul that I check all the NZBs posted ordered by age, search for the program by name (shout out to 12 Monkeys - AWESOME TV), clear cache, hit refresh a few times use a different computer, etc and I don't see the program. Then after a while when I refresh it will say that the NZB has been posted for 20 minutes already.

Anyway, I was just wondering if that is due to something that I'm doing wrong or anything I can change... Thank you for any help.

/julesdrools

The "time" you see is when it was posted to usenet, not FST. That timestamp is also dependent on the user who generated the nzb's timezone in relation to UTC. Most posters will wait a few minutes for the articles to propagate fully to their providers before posting. So you'll often see ~15-25 min delays off the pre time if it's scene content.

julesdrools
02-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Thank you for explaining that to me, dear piercerseth!... and also for being an amazingly wonderful contributor to the board! Xx

dickpeters
02-22-2015, 06:40 PM
nice explanation and now I know something new!