PDA

View Full Version : Hey :) Looking for Opinions on a song I wrote!

Fenn
03-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey guys, sorry for completely RANDOM post haha...

It's really hard to get exposure when you're just starting out but I recently experimented with uploading an original song we wrote and recorded to youtube, please give it a listen, every view counts!!

I would love to hear some honest opinions!

It's only a CLIP so it fades in and out so give it a chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgmWI3vBVWE

If you read the description it will all make more sense!

Obviously it won't be to everybody's tastes, it's kind of acoustic/rock with female vocals but I am sure people can appreciate different styles of music!

Really appreciate it thanks!

Skiz
03-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a mix between Fergi and Jesus.

Fenn
03-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Hi mate! I just wanted to say thanks a lot for giving it a listen and although I didn't fully understand your comment haha it's much appreciated! I am more than happy to hear any honest opinion, tastes vary and that's the great thing about music and art.

Thanks again!

IdolEyes787
03-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Some obvious talent but the vocals are lacking in commitment and the song itself is sort of dull.I think probably it would play better with a full orchestra to infuse some badly needed drama.As it stands it tends to lull me to sleep.
Anyway believe me when I tell you that I'm heard much,much worse and most of that from people who make a good living in the business.

Fenn
03-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Some obvious talent but the vocals are lacking in commitment and the song itself is sort of dull.I think probably it would play better with a full orchestra to infuse some badly needed drama.As it stands it tends to lull me to sleep.
Anyway believe me when I tell you that I'm heard much,much worse and most of that from people who make a good living in the business.

Hi mate I just wanted to say how much I respect and appreciate a good honest opinion, and I most definitely took on board what you said, and I know what you mean in some ways, and obviously if I had the means to be backed by a full orchestra I would be a very happy person haha ;) with the means i have I simply cannot recreate entirely what's in my mind. I appreciate you having a listen and telling me what you think - thanks again.