PDA

View Full Version : Tweaknews VERSUS Usenetbucket

knightmire
03-09-2015, 12:41 AM
How have you guys found both of these services so far?

I have actually used both, i just switched this week but still have subscriptions to both.
I find that for speed, packages, cost, threads, etc they seem very similar.
On the other hand I was starting to have more and more removed posts and retention issues with tweak that bucket doesn't seem to have.

Anyone else noticing this?

Also, just like most of these services they love to claim 1000 days retention.
Yet if you try and download something even 250 days old you are lucky if there are even enough pars to fix all the incomplete parts.
Whats up with that?

MrBogus
03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Really? I have experienced the opposite, lots of incompletes with bucket. My sub finished a fortnight ago, I didn't bother to renew it. I gave it a try when tweak started having issues with speed, but now it seems ok.

cardboardbox
03-11-2015, 07:20 PM
bucket is fairly awful imo. Even though Tweak is now Highwinds, I'm still getting more from Tweak than Bucket because Bucket is doing take downs before Tweak/Highwinds. I'm currently using both of them because after discounts bucket is fairly cheap. I paid $7.88 for three months of bucket and $11.35 for three months of Tweak. But I need to pick one as I dont intend to spend almost $20 for 3 months again.

knightmire
03-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Very odd, maybe since I've been on top of things lately I just haven't encountered anything missing yet.
I get quite a lot of movies from posts here and tv shows (all 720p usually) and I've yet to have a single failure or even missing posts since joining bucket.
I've got an account with both for the next 6 months so if a file ever comes up missing I'll try the other.
Letting a friend use the tweak account so it doesn't go to waste. :)

bfnewman71
05-16-2015, 04:09 AM
I guess if you do stay pretty close to things you can catch it all. I don't have that luxury.