PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone ever attain 10K posts again?

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 07:32 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/114660-10000-Posts!!!!!!?highlight=10000+posts

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/95609-10k?highlight=10000+posts

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/103565-10-000-Post

I think the only real possibility is if there's someone out there that currently has 9999 posts and then I still only give it a one in sixty chance.

anon
04-04-2015, 08:19 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/114660-10000-Posts!!!!!!?highlight=10000+posts

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/408399-10k

Something Else
04-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I forgot to do one of those. :pinch:

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Do a 16311 post one just to be a radical.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Btw looking at all those old threads filled with now defunct members I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you fucking well want and in a couple of years no one will care one way or the other. :)

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 09:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/danbar/face3.jpg

or

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/danbar/face1.jpg

both ... :blink:

No Google matches but visually similar images are all girls so I'm assuming that Meg now fills the DanB role.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 09:22 PM
As DanB seemed to only talk about snow and football with no mention of kids or ducks I guess I was being a little hasty.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 10:10 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/408399-10k

Even then I was like a titan among mongs.

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Even then I was a titan of mongs.

Fix'd that for you. :D

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 10:31 PM
And to answer your thread question, I expect Shay to make 10k PMs by next week.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah I'm basically a magnet for jealousy.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 10:35 PM

He Pmed me to tell me that he hates you for being a goy.

I didn't have my glasses handy so I'm assuming it was goy.

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Notice Shay has become scarce these past couple of days. Expect that is out of fear Christ is coming back and wants monetary damages for pain and suffering.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 10:44 PM

It's funny because the cat is Italian .

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Obviously not as he's reading.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I swear to trucking God the first 10,000 went by faster than these last 100 have.
Probably that's because this forum is now akin to sitting in an empty room staring blankly into space.

Maybe if I listened to some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voKihZAN4ng

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 11:02 PM
This is supposed to be a good short. I haven't had the chance to see it yet, but will in the next 20 minutes or so.

https://vimeo.com/116498390

EDIT- Yep, it's crap. The first words on the screen "Film School" should have been a clue. :pinch:

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 11:07 PM
I would rather share a cab with DanB than watch that obvious crap.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Clearly we search radically different stuff on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46crDdYw0Ck

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 11:25 PM
This is supposed to be a good short. I haven't had the chance to see it yet, but will in the next 20 minutes or so.

https://vimeo.com/116498390

In the description the words "grad film" and "kickstarter" were used so there is as much chance of this being worthwhile as there is for real world physics coming into play in Furious 7.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 11:37 PM

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 11:39 PM
Film was recommended/liked on another site. Seems those people have shitty taste. :frusty:

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 11:40 PM

:console: Was it something I said?

IdolEyes787
04-04-2015, 11:45 PM
No they are witless,ball-less sheep who base their opinions on what a couple of pretentious fop critics tell them. Either that or it's mass hypnosis like with the latest Fast and Furious where a well known reviewer called it "One of the greatest Action moves ever made".:mellow: I like cars as much as the next teen boy but that's just being silly.

megabyteme
04-04-2015, 11:53 PM
the latest Fast and Furious where a well known reviewer called it "One of the greatest Action moves ever made"

Any movie with 7 in the title besides Se7en is not going to be 'one of the greatest [anything]'. EVER. And I'm willing to lower my standards in the name of entertainment. BTW, it is pissing me off that whenever a recognizable actor dies, he suddenly gets elevated into "greatness" status. :angry:

It's sad this one (Skin Removal) got attention because there are some truly good shorts available online.

anon
04-05-2015, 01:44 AM
I swear to trucking God the first 10,000 went by faster than these last 100 have.

I know, I know... I made my first 500 within the two weeks you had to wait to get your privileges. This forum was so different before it changed so much :(

megabyteme
04-05-2015, 02:25 AM

I know, I know... I made my first 500 within the two weeks you had to wait to get your privileges. This forum was so different before it changed so much :(

Just like any other party, it takes a few outgoing, interesting people to 'get things rolling'. I try to make about 10 posts per day. If ~9 others do the same, then more semi-regulars will find discussions to get involved in.

shaina
04-05-2015, 02:54 AM

He Pmed me to tell me that he hates you for being a goy.
I didn't have my glasses handy so I'm assuming it was goy.

Wrong it was twisted and "Coy"
put your glasses back on you "PUTZ"

shaina
04-05-2015, 03:05 AM
Notice Shay has become scarce these past couple of days. Expect that is out of fear Christ is coming back and wants monetary damages for pain and suffering.

Actually NO.... Passover (You know way before "Christ" existed OR "BC") is important family functions (first 2 nights) they are must attends , and I keep them going so the next generations do the same.
And if he does come back (and that is a big fuckin if!) It doesn't affect us Jews , as I repeat we go direct to the source , no need for a interpreter or a middle goy , ooops!! I mean guy. LOL !!

How was your Easter Friday (or good Friday) ? Did wife cook a nice Fish? Or did you smoke and glaze a nice and delicious "KOSHER HAM" ??

shaina
04-05-2015, 03:09 AM
This is a defiantly a dream "SECOND WIFE". She has the total ability to whip any penis into shape...... She got my attention!!

Clearly we search radically different stuff on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46crDdYw0Ck

shaina
04-05-2015, 03:20 AM

Don't give up.... You are needed here (for what I am still trying to figure out??) Your input and wits are always appreciated. You have such great skills of making everyone feel so very welcome , and you are always so eager to help a fellow member out when in need.
You can PM me later.... I have a GREAT piece of land I luv to sell you in Florida , CHEAP!! LOL!!

Quarterquack
04-05-2015, 06:39 AM
I like cars as much as the next teen boy but that's just being silly.

Admitting you have sex with cars in the middle of a movie review is a rookie mistake. :no:

TheFoX
04-05-2015, 07:44 AM
a well known reviewer called it "One of the greatest Action moves ever made".:mellow:

Did it star Arnold Schwarzenegger?

I am sure that to hold that title, it has to star the aforementioned actor. Either him or Sylvester Stalone. The only two worthy of the title of 'Greatest Action Movie Hero'.

megabyteme
04-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I like cars as much as the next teen boy butt

Admitting you have sex with cars in the middle of a movie review is a rookie mistake. :no:

We know what he meant...

IdolEyes787
04-05-2015, 12:14 PM
a well known reviewer called it "One of the greatest Action moves ever made".:mellow:

I am sure that to hold that title, it has to star the aforementioned actor. Either him or Sylvester Stalone. The only two worthy of the title of 'Greatest Action Movie Hero'.

Life is odd in that Die Hard can be best action movie ever made while A Good Day to Die Hard can be the 4011th greatest action movie ever made.:mellow:

IdolEyes787
04-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Admitting you have sex with cars

Only the ones with great headlights though.:no:

IdolEyes787
04-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Actually NO.... Passover (You know way before "Christ" existed OR "BC") is important family functions (first 2 nights) they are must attends , and I keep them going so the next generations do the same.
And if he does come back (and that is a big fuckin if!) It doesn't affect us Jews , as I repeat we go direct to the source , no need for a interpreter or a middle goy , ooops!! I mean guy. LOL !!

Oy vey.Give it up mensch,these shmendriks will never get Jackie Mason.

TheFoX
04-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Life is odd in that Die Hard can be best action movie ever made...

Yes, Die Hard is awesome, but I think they missed an opportunity when they didn't cast Schwarzenegger or Stalone in the lead role. Look at the films that Schwarzenegger has promoted.

Total Recall.

Running Man.

Conan the Barbarian.

The Terminator.

Predator.

Commando.

Raw Deal.

Red Heat.

Eraser.

...and not forgetting...

The Last Action Hero.

As for Stallone, well.

First Blood/Rambo.

Rocky.

Cobra.

Cliffhanger.

Demolition Man.

Judge Dredd.

Assassins.

...and...

Death Race 2000.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Rocky and it's sequels aren't action movies and many people would argue that True Lies which you omitted was Arnold's best film.Also for Stallone see Nighthawks which is sort of his version of Diehard if Bruce Willis was doing a Al Pacino impersonation and there was no action.

megabyteme
04-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes, Die Hard is awesome, but I think they missed an opportunity when they didn't cast Schwarzenegger or Stalone in the lead role.

Two reasons why neither of these guys would have worked in Die Hard:

1) Neither would have fit in the tight spaces necessary for hiding in the Takanomi Building

2) The quick-paced dialog that taunts the bad guys could not have rolled off the tongues of either

IdolEyes787
04-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Furious 7 earned $143.6 million at North American theaters over the weekend and hauled in another $240.4 million around the world, according to The Hollywood Reporter, making for a huge $384 million total and the fourth-highest opening ever.

I watched it albeit for free and it's seriously like if someone took the entirety of stupid and congealed it into one movie.

TheFoX
04-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Hype...

shaina
04-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Furious 7 earned $143.6 million at North American theaters over the weekend and hauled in another $240.4 million around the world, according to The Hollywood Reporter, making for a huge $384 million total and the fourth-highest opening ever.

I watched it albeit for free and it's seriously like if someone took the entirety of stupid and congealed it into one movie.

They did that in the last one as well , I think it is the only way you could understand the plot and the series if you didn't start at 1st.

shaina
04-06-2015, 12:50 AM

If you say that about 7th in the series.... Did you like any of them??

shaina
04-06-2015, 01:08 AM
Red Heat (1988) with Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi reminds me of ...

48 Hours (1982) With Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy

IdolEyes787
04-06-2015, 06:51 PM

I honesty don't know how many of them I've seen since after the first one and discounting Tokyo Drift they just run together in their sameness.

Snee
04-06-2015, 07:00 PM
As DanB seemed to only talk about snow and football with no mention of kids or ducks I guess I was being a little hasty.

DanB was cool.

I started writing about his exploits, but then wasn't sure how much of it is deleted off the internets on purpose. But tales of his deeds were certainly more interesting than football, or even snow.

shaina
04-06-2015, 07:00 PM

I honesty don't know how many of them I've seen since after the first one and discounting Tokyo Drift they just run together in their sameness.

I think they were all entertaining in a surround sound theater or family room , but I am not running to the theater to see any of them.
The only movies I prefer to see on the big screen are Bond movies , It usually the only ones I don't fall asleep and have to be woken up because I am snoring too loud.
Plus it pisses me off when you miss something and you cant fast forward or rewind what you missed.

IdolEyes787
04-06-2015, 07:05 PM
DanB was cool.

I started writing about his exploits, but then wasn't sure how much of it is deleted off the internets on purpose. But tales of his deeds were certainly more interesting than football, or even snow.

He had more to work with.Try being cool when all you have to play off of is dion.

IdolEyes787
04-06-2015, 07:10 PM

I think they were all entertaining in a surround sound theater or family room...

I'm pretty sure the same to be said about almost any movie involving cars and explosions so consider me unconvinced.

I do know that you really have to be borderline Jewish to think that Furious 7 isn't made specifically for the retarded though.

shaina
04-06-2015, 07:25 PM
I think they were all entertaining in a surround sound theater or family room...

I'm pretty sure the same to be said about almost any movie involving cars and explosions so consider me unconvinced.

I do know that you really have to be borderline Jewish to think that Furious 7 isn't made specifically for the retarded though.

If you think this car series was bad .... I saw someone posted a list of Sylvester Stallone movies (could never replace Bruce Willis and play in the Die Hard series) and he listed Death Race 2000 and I don't remember seeing it , so I downloaded it and started watching it. After 15min into the movie , not only did I turn it off , I couldn't deleted it fast enough . Now that was un adulterated shit!!
It is 20min (including the download) of life I will never get back.

TheFoX
04-06-2015, 09:44 PM
...Death Race 2000 and I don't remember seeing it , so I downloaded it and started watching it. After 15min into the movie , not only did I turn it off , I couldn't deleted it fast enough . Now that was un adulterated shit!!

What do you expect? This film was made in the 70's long before CGI and other special effects were ever conceived. Look at the original Mad Max. No super camera angles there. They simply speeded up the film slightly to enhance the fast speeds those cars were already doing.

The trouble is that kids today expect so much for so little, and when they have to do a little bit of work, they moan like crazy. Whatever happened to sweat and toil?

IdolEyes787
04-06-2015, 10:01 PM
I have a feeling that someone doesn't realize that it was a satire.

Hopefully someone will tell me that Furious 7 is also a satire and that no one is suppose to actually buy into the fact that two high powered sports cars can crash head-on into each other at speed and no one suffers even a stretch.
Or that downtown Los Angeles is apparently unpopulated.:mellow:

IdolEyes787
04-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Satire is always an iffy proposition as it's a delicate balance of fact and absurdity.Tends to be more off-putting than entertaining.

anon
04-07-2015, 01:59 AM
Look at the original Mad Max. No super camera angles there. They simply speeded up the film slightly to enhance the fast speeds those cars were already doing.

The budget for that one was limited. The director had to total his own car for one of the chase scenes.

shaina
04-07-2015, 05:18 AM
...Death Race 2000 and I don't remember seeing it , so I downloaded it and started watching it. After 15min into the movie , not only did I turn it off , I couldn't deleted it fast enough . Now that was un adulterated shit!!

What do you expect? This film was made in the 70's long before CGI and other special effects were ever conceived. Look at the original Mad Max. No super camera angles there. They simply speeded up the film slightly to enhance the fast speeds those cars were already doing.

The trouble is that kids today expect so much for so little, and when they have to do a little bit of work, they moan like crazy. Whatever happened to sweat and toil?
You are not comparing Mad Max (cant watch anymore because of the Star in the movie) , and Stallone's movie?? The Batman tv series with Adam West had way better special affects. The first action scene Stalllone has a Giant ass sword connected to his front bumper , and when he runs into a guy , and they used a can of spray paint on his crotch for blood effects. They could have gotten a low budget horror special effects guy , that could have done a way better job on special effects. Even Dirty Harry series with Clint Eastwood had amazing effects when someone got shot , or blown up.
Mad Max special effects were raw , but it still flowed and was much more entertaining to watch ( when I could , now I choose not too).

TheFoX
04-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Yes, but it wasn't Stallone's movie, was it. It was Caradine's movie, because Stallone wasn't even famous when he was in DR2000. It was one of those, 'before they were famous', moments.

shaina
04-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Yes, but it wasn't Stallone's movie, was it. It was Caradine's movie, because Stallone wasn't even famous when he was in DR2000. It was one of those, 'before they were famous', moments.

If you look at it that way , Yes , you would be right. So I can say that is not one of the best Caradine's movies then. He defiantly had way better flicks to watch with him in it.
All and all... Other than the concept of the movie being used for new updated versions , I don't need to waste space on my server , it would never be watched in full.

megabyteme
04-07-2015, 06:37 AM
You are not comparing Mad Max (cant watch anymore because of the Star in the movie)[...] entertaining to watch ( when I could , now I choose not too).

Don't tell me Braveheart is ruined for you. That's like ruining Ludwig Van...

http://i.imgur.com/oDWNwMy.jpg?1

shaina
04-07-2015, 06:57 AM
I wish it was just that LOL!!
Lethal Weapon series was In my all time favorites to watch (over and over) His big mouth fucked that all up. Now I am stuck with Police Academy Series.

You are not comparing Mad Max (cant watch anymore because of the Star in the movie)[...] entertaining to watch ( when I could , now I choose not too).

Don't tell me Braveheart is ruined for you. That's like ruining Ludwig Van...

http://i.imgur.com/oDWNwMy.jpg?1

megabyteme
04-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Naked Gun/Police Squad > Police Academy

shaina
04-07-2015, 07:12 AM

Plus Caridine is a prick ..... He stole Bruce Lee's concept of the series Kung Fu. I think it would have been a way bigger show if you had a Egg Roll travelling through the American West solving all the white mans problems. And if then adding subtitles for the non Chinese parts would have added to the home run it would have been.

shaina
04-07-2015, 07:17 AM

They are all good.... But I am talking about Police Academy Movie series 1-7

megabyteme
04-07-2015, 12:29 PM

They are all good.... But I am talking about Police Academy Movie series 1-7

Shirley, you only mean maybe Police Academy 1-3. Beyond that, and I was a teenage boy at the time, there wasn't much to gain from keeping up with the series. :unsure:

Plus Caridine is a prick ..... He stole Bruce Lee's concept of the series Kung Fu. I think it would have been a way bigger show if you had a Egg Roll travelling through the American West solving all the white mans problems. And if then adding subtitles for the non Chinese parts would have added to the home run it would have been.

Racist 'Murka was to blame. Caridine was just better 'suited' for the part since he was white. Bruce Lee also scared the piss out of everyone when he came on the scene as Kato. :01:

Speaking of Caridine...lest we knot forget how he passed at the stroke of mid-night. :whistling

shaina
04-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Speaking of Caridine...lest we knot forget how he passed at the stroke of mid-night. :whistling

Ya found in a closet with a rope around his neck , In Bangkok of course. And with rumors he liked it rough.

shaina
04-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Racist 'Murka was to blame. Caridine was just better 'suited' for the part since he was white. Bruce Lee also scared the piss out of everyone when he came on the scene as Kato. :01:

Ya Bruce was pretty scary with his black-eye facial mask.
Use to give me nightmares watching the green hornet on Beta-max.

shaina
04-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Shirley, you only mean maybe Police Academy 1-3. Beyond that, and I was a teenage boy at the time, there wasn't much to gain from keeping up with the series. :unsure:

It was a joke alternative Movie series , from banning any series with M-L G--SON , and if you watch movies 4-7 , you see how many actors started to get new rolls in movies or tv series.

IdolEyes787
04-07-2015, 03:58 PM

Except that Kung Fu was as much about juxtapositioning Shaolin monk Caine's tranquility against the violence and I'm not getting much tranquility from Bruce Lee.

shaina
04-07-2015, 05:36 PM

Except that Kung Fu was as much about juxtapositioning Shaolin monk Caine's tranquility against the violence and I'm not getting much tranquility from Bruce Lee.

Since Caridine stole the role , we will never know the tranquility , or non violent side of Bruce (and I really don't give two shits about it anyways. LOL!!)

You can guarantee that if Bruce was the lead , the series would have lasted past the pilot instead of 3 seasons

ckrit
04-12-2015, 10:52 AM

Be that as it may, captain dense almost has a point.

I mean, it was Bruce Lee's idea to begin with, which the company stole from him.

Carradine probably didn't know until later.

What the story was about, I'd say, would thus be up to Lee. TBH, I think I'd have preferred Lee in the role. I saw old reruns as a kid, and found Carradine both boring and really out of place.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Ed Spielman is the creator of the 'Kung Fu' series. Any claims to the contrary are incorrect, and an injustice. As a teenager, Mr. Spielman worked as a Page at ABC-TV in New York. He discovered the secret arts of kung-fu in the early 1960s, and he studied Mandarin Chinese in College at night. He spent years doing his research in New York's Chinatown and elsewhere unearthing this heretofore secret knowledge. At that time, kung-fu was not known in the Western world and was denied to non-Chinese. It was taught by master/student relationships and within families. It was never revealed to non-Chinese. But, Spielman pressed on.
By the mid-1960s, Ed had acquired a depth of information, and wrote a forty-four-page treatment for film, TV and publishing titled, 'Kung Fu: The Way of the Tiger, The Sign of the Dragon.' He spent the next few years trying to move it forward to film or television. In 1969, he was introduced to young agent Peter Lampack at the William Morris Agency in New York. Lampack liked the material and made a deal with Warner's executive Bennett Sims in New York.
In February of 1970, Lampack bartered a deal for Spielman and his friend and collaborator, Howard Friedlander, to write a theatrical motion picture screenplay from Spielman's original story. All of this occurred in New York.
At the end of this development, Warner Bros. chose not to make the theatrical film. But, studio executive Harvey Frand had faith in the project, and took it to ABC, which by that time, had introduced a pioneering 'Movie of The Week' format.
The Spielman/Friedlander script was pared down for budget, produced and shown on ABC, February 22, 1972. It was an immediate hit. The iconic 'Kung Fu' monthly-then-weekly series followed...
Undoubtedly, Bruce Lee had his own ideas and aspirations, but that has nothing to do with Ed Spielman's ground-breaking and original work. The Writers Guild of America West awarded sole credit to Ed Spielman as the creator of 'Kung Fu'... And no allegation of Bruce Lee's having to do with the creation of 'Kung Fu' appeared in public until 'The Bruce Lee Story' (1993) in which the allegation was made.
Ed Spielman told me specifically: 'In 1993, I was preparing a major law suit against Universal, DeLaurentis Productions and all of those who were responsible for the false allegations in 'The Bruce Lee Story' to deprive me of the authorship of my work and defame me. But, Bruce Lee died in 1973 and his son Brandon also tragically died in 1993. A lawsuit by me would have fallen on Bruce Lee's widow, Linda. She had lost enough. I didn't think she would have survived those years in court. I thought about it...then told the lawyers to forget about it. The documents speak for themselves for anyone who cares to look...I was greatly disappointed that Bruce Lee did not appear as a principal in the 'Kung Fu' series. But he had nothing to do with its creation. My work and the 'Kung Fu' project was on the East Coast; his was on the West Coast. My work predated his by years. The complete story and characters were registered in the mid-1960s. The documents and contracts prove that.

Not saying that Bruce Lee wouldn't have been more entertaining in the role and that some level of racism wasn't involved in the casting but clearly the show" needed a serene person, and Carradine was more appropriate for the role" holds true or else for better or worse wind up with you have something entirely different than Kung Fu.

ckrit
04-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Ed Spielman is the creator of the 'Kung Fu' series. Any claims to the contrary are incorrect, and an injustice. As a teenager, Mr. Spielman worked as a Page at ABC-TV in New York. He discovered the secret arts of kung-fu in the early 1960s, and he studied Mandarin Chinese in College at night. He spent years doing his research in New York's Chinatown and elsewhere unearthing this heretofore secret knowledge. At that time, kung-fu was not known in the Western world and was denied to non-Chinese. It was taught by master/student relationships and within families. It was never revealed to non-Chinese. But, Spielman pressed on.
By the mid-1960s, Ed had acquired a depth of information, and wrote a forty-four-page treatment for film, TV and publishing titled, 'Kung Fu: The Way of the Tiger, The Sign of the Dragon.' He spent the next few years trying to move it forward to film or television. In 1969, he was introduced to young agent Peter Lampack at the William Morris Agency in New York. Lampack liked the material and made a deal with Warner's executive Bennett Sims in New York.
In February of 1970, Lampack bartered a deal for Spielman and his friend and collaborator, Howard Friedlander, to write a theatrical motion picture screenplay from Spielman's original story. All of this occurred in New York.
At the end of this development, Warner Bros. chose not to make the theatrical film. But, studio executive Harvey Frand had faith in the project, and took it to ABC, which by that time, had introduced a pioneering 'Movie of The Week' format.
The Spielman/Friedlander script was pared down for budget, produced and shown on ABC, February 22, 1972. It was an immediate hit. The iconic 'Kung Fu' monthly-then-weekly series followed...
Undoubtedly, Bruce Lee had his own ideas and aspirations, but that has nothing to do with Ed Spielman's ground-breaking and original work. The Writers Guild of America West awarded sole credit to Ed Spielman as the creator of 'Kung Fu'... And no allegation of Bruce Lee's having to do with the creation of 'Kung Fu' appeared in public until 'The Bruce Lee Story' (1993) in which the allegation was made.
Ed Spielman told me specifically: 'In 1993, I was preparing a major law suit against Universal, DeLaurentis Productions and all of those who were responsible for the false allegations in 'The Bruce Lee Story' to deprive me of the authorship of my work and defame me. But, Bruce Lee died in 1973 and his son Brandon also tragically died in 1993. A lawsuit by me would have fallen on Bruce Lee's widow, Linda. She had lost enough. I didn't think she would have survived those years in court. I thought about it...then told the lawyers to forget about it. The documents speak for themselves for anyone who cares to look...I was greatly disappointed that Bruce Lee did not appear as a principal in the 'Kung Fu' series. But he had nothing to do with its creation. My work and the 'Kung Fu' project was on the East Coast; his was on the West Coast. My work predated his by years. The complete story and characters were registered in the mid-1960s. The documents and contracts prove that.

Not saying that Bruce Lee wouldn't have been more entertaining in the role and that some level of racism wasn't involved in the casting but clearly the show" needed a serene person, and Carradine was more appropriate for the role" holds true or else for better or worse wind up with you have something entirely different than Kung Fu.
That's interesting.

On the other hand you have Linda Lee saying it was Bruce Lee's idea, and Bruce Lee himself going onto some talkshow at least a year IIRC before the show aired and talking about a show he called "Warriors", about a martial artist in the old west.

Like I said, I think I would have preferred a more bombastic Lee in the main role, and yeah, it would have been a very different show indeed.

shaina
04-12-2015, 11:45 AM

Be that as it may, captain dense almost has a point.

I mean, it was Bruce Lee's idea to begin with, which the company stole from him.

Carradine probably didn't know until later.

What the story was about, I'd say, would thus be up to Lee. TBH, I think I'd have preferred Lee in the role. I saw old reruns as a kid, and found Carradine both boring and really out of place.

Even if Bruce made some changes in the story line. Unless he wore his kato mask , in that era , he never would have been accepted for a prime time show . And no producer could have got the funding to make it. It was a white mans world then.

If the rest of the world thought it was a boring show the 62 episodes would have been cut off at 15.

I think that is dense enough explanation for 2nd class lieutenant to understand

ckrit
04-12-2015, 11:48 AM
The thing about personal preference, is that it is personal preference. Captain.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 12:22 PM
On the other hand you have Linda Lee saying it was Bruce Lee's idea, and Bruce Lee himself going onto some talkshow at least a year IIRC before the show aired and talking about a show he called "Warriors", about a martial artist in the old west.

I have no reason to doubt any of that. The thing is though if you factor in what was happening at the time,it being both the heyday of Martial Arts movies and yet a time when Westerns still held a wide appeal,is it not plausible,even likely that more than one person thought of combining the two?

Personally,not being a patent attorney or someone with something to gain, and as we're not talking Harper Lee here I'm going with the "merely a coincidence".

Of course I could be wrong and when go to register what I think is an incredibly witty and mindblowingly unique username someplace and find that someone's already used it at least now I'll know they stole it.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Like I said, I think I would have preferred a more bombastic Lee in the main role, and yeah, it would have been a very different show indeed.

As what people remember about the show is basically none of the actual fighting but instead "Snatch the pebble from my hand,Grasshopper" then, yeah.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 12:26 PM
On the other hand I don't see Lee being a very good "Bill".

shaina
04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
The thing about personal preference, is that it is personal preference. Captain.

It is true Lieutenant... I really not fond of Reality shows , and who is voting or filling out the surveys ( never seen or received one) to keep them on for years .

I had this assumption that where they do pick the area for voting , they were pumping something In the drinking water to brainwash them.

shaina
04-12-2015, 12:45 PM

What do you mean?? Bruce would have made a great Bill , Bruce's wife kind of looks like Uma Thurman.
And Bruce and Linda always looked great in photos together. The role of Bill will be played by Bruce "Jeet Kune Do" Lee , I like it!!

megabyteme
04-12-2015, 04:29 PM

However, being Asian, he would have been a natural at running people over in Deathrace.

shaina
04-12-2015, 04:45 PM

However, being Asian, he would have been a natural at running people over in Deathrace.

Meg I have a question for you??

How many Black African Americans do you think survive a Half Kennedy?? In a Medical perspective I should add ??

And I should add it was a terrorist or Neo Nazi who was involved..

shaina
04-12-2015, 05:05 PM

I assume with his mask on to make him look less intimidating.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2015, 08:54 PM

Shows what you know.He's fucking Kato and his whole character revolves around driving correctly.
The only actor who might possibly have been better in Deadrace is that black guy from Driving Miss Daisy.

Fuck did you even go to film school?

shaina
04-12-2015, 10:10 PM

Shows what you know.He's fucking Kato and his whole character revolves around driving correctly.
The only actor who might possibly have been better in Deadrace is that black guy from Driving Miss Daisy.

Fuck did you even go to film school?

I Give you a half thumbs up on this one

Considering Morgan Freeman has a pretty good portfolio of great movies under his belt , hate to see him dye by the hands of Frankenstein in a bloody car crash.

ragermac
04-21-2015, 06:16 PM
whatever, this place is no longer the same.

shaina
04-21-2015, 06:18 PM

Same as What??:idunno: Elaborate more would you??

IdolEyes787
04-21-2015, 06:29 PM

That was his tenth spam post so I wouldn't be holding my breathe for a reply if I were you.

shaina
04-21-2015, 06:40 PM

That was his tenth spam post so I wouldn't be holding my breathe for a reply if I were you.

I know :yup: But no one can say I didn't try:stars:

IdolEyes787
04-21-2015, 07:02 PM
I got in trouble for referring to such people as "cunts" but if you can't be polite enough to answer a direct question then what are you suppose to be referred to as?

shaina
04-21-2015, 07:13 PM
I got in trouble for referring to such people as "cunts" but if you can't be polite enough to answer a direct question then what are you suppose to be referred to as?

Well In my opinion (which really means fuck all anyways).... You do need a acquired taste to post in certain forums here, and also have to have a very open mind, where some people (like six fuckin hundred) are just not interested. So does that make them C--TS, it is a very hard question to answer , because they will not post nor respond, so I can't comment.:idunno:

IdolEyes787
04-21-2015, 07:16 PM
It's not the not posting that's totally understandable.It's to post something and then be too ignorant to follow up on anything said directly to you concerning that post.
You pretend to be Canadian so I'm assuming that you see why this is wrong.

shaina
04-21-2015, 08:23 PM
It's not the not posting that's totally understandable.It's to post something and then be too ignorant to follow up on anything said directly to you concerning that post.
You pretend to be Canadian so I'm assuming that you see why this is wrong.

I do know exactly where you are coming from... And I can tell you because I used to be one of those guys :yup:.
It is a acquired taste to post at FST in this section , and I agree and see your point. But you can't scare everyone away before you train them in the way you communicate in the forums , especially the ones you and Meg do dominate and usually control the conversations(that's why I say both of you are really needed here and I appreciate ).You make it scary and fun at the same time if you know what I mean. If either of you take a few days off , you would see the forums full of boring , or full of people with "HELLO's" , get there 10 and not post again, unless they have a problem. And you may not like it, but it is not advertised as a forum talk site , it is a NZB site , and I can say a great place to shoot the shit and have fun in forums without anyone getting shot or stabbed (excluding your friends stalking incident), but that is not most peoples priority , and if everyone is scared away from this great forum , how do you get new ones???
I cant be the only new nut that is willing to post here(and look how I started), but before I started , I was hesitant looking at the way the conversations were here, and believe me some were brutal , and if you are looking from the outside, who in there right mind want to get involved, unless they know the context ,.or really it is fantasy land here.
Just my thoughts What do you think??

IdolEyes787
04-21-2015, 09:12 PM
[ especially the ones you and Meg do dominate and usually control the conversations

Only because we seem to be the only ones to post as you've noticed.

Personally I know both me and Meg,especially Meg ,him being fat and lazy would rather just sit back eat fries and be entertained by others but that just does't seem to currently be an option.

shaina
04-21-2015, 09:33 PM
[ especially the ones you and Meg do dominate and usually control the conversations

Only because we seem to be the only ones to post as you've noticed.

Personally I know both me and Meg,especially Meg ,him being fat and lazy would rather just sit back eat fries and be entertained by others but that just does't seem to currently be an option.

And I have no problems shooting the shit with you guys(once I learned your Schtick) , and no you cant sit back because the conversations would be boring and shit. :yup:

shaina
04-22-2015, 06:25 AM
I should say Fox is a contender in that group really needed here as well:clap::yup:

Edit: He is very unique..... Even know he doesn't live in Canada or the US
He adds the backwards side of things to FTA:whistling

Leonski
05-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Surrender to the void

Gribley
05-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Surrender to the void

If I could I`d dock you a post for that.... you`ve just strung some random words together.

My poignant response is "Paste the ceiling with Jello" Are we playing for scrabble or post count points? :D

JonieDerby
05-27-2015, 01:27 AM
What's that about? For post count? Are you trying for 10k posts? :)

ziggyjuarez
05-28-2015, 11:40 PM
How much do I have?

Gribley
06-01-2015, 07:04 AM
How much do I have?

One more now....

That is an evil picture, I hope you are not related to the zombie. If you are then please get them to bite Idol first as he deserves it (and probably wants to live forever regardless - if vamp not an option then Zombie always a fallback).

accat13
08-07-2015, 03:51 AM
my goal the longest time to reach 1000

IdolEyes787
08-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Something you apparently share with every other member of this site.

Notice I didn't say goal because a certainty isn't really a goal is it?

pootystomp
08-08-2015, 06:08 AM
My goal for the longest time to reach 274

Then punch a cat 13 times in its dick

RVB
08-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Will do it better

Demonictoyz
08-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Am working on it :wacko:

Something Else
08-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Will do it better

Am working on it :wacko:

Come the fuck in, or fuck the fuck off.

accat13
08-09-2015, 03:58 AM
yawn !

mjmacky
08-09-2015, 06:35 AM
yawn !

I have an idea. Convince me you aren't a bitch.

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Now downgraded to 100 posts to better reflect reality.

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 09:42 PM
I could probably do something about it if I had my purple stars back and unlimited funds.

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 09:53 PM
No seriously in all pettiness give me my fucking status back as if you don't count Meg's education, eight years of one's life has got to count for something.

anon
10-16-2015, 01:20 AM
I could probably do something about it if I had my purple stars back and unlimited funds.

Back in my day they were green, and the gray ones weren't basically a participation award :dry:

megabyteme
10-16-2015, 01:35 AM
No seriously in all pettiness give me my fucking status back as if you don't count Meg's education, eight years of one's life has got to count for something.

http://i.imgur.com/01n3wzA.png

And 8? Hahahahaahahahaha! Shiiiiiit, I've wasted that in grad school alone...

megabyteme
10-16-2015, 04:38 AM
In ALL seriousness, taking Idol's much-earned status away is the most petty, pathetic thing I've seen here.

And RealtY is pretty fucking pathetic!

IdolEyes787
10-16-2015, 01:10 PM
And 8? Hahahahaahahahaha! Shiiiiiit, I've wasted that in grad school alone...

Isn't Grad School sort of a misnomer?

IdolEyes787
10-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Back in my day they were green, and the gray ones weren't basically a participation award :dry:

You mean green like you teeth? :smilie4:

Also if grey is given for participation then some Mods that I won't mention Rart piercerseth don't have to worry about ever getting them.:smilie4:

Of course unlike the aforeunmentioned I never made a verbal commitment to support the site.I only remain here because of something we in the army like to call, stupidity.

That and like everyone else I enjoy the dry wit and underlying humanity of the NZB section.:smilie4:

IdolEyes787
10-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Idol's much-earned status

There was a lot of blood involved.

megabyteme
10-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Idol's much-earned status

There was a lot of blood involved.

That blood was soooooo delicious. I miss those days. Hyena packs have never hunted as well together as we did. And not once did we need to conspire via PM. :happy:

anon
10-17-2015, 05:04 PM
You mean green like you teeth? :smilie4:

Also if grey is given for participation then some Mods that I won't mention Rart piercerseth don't have to worry about ever getting them.:smilie4:

Of course unlike the aforeunmentioned I never made a verbal commitment to support the site.I only remain here because of something we in the army like to call, stupidity.

That and like everyone else I enjoy the dry wit and underlying humanity of the NZB section.:smilie4:

:smilie4:

mjmacky
10-18-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm going to kill this thread by posting about 90 messages of utter nonsense.

So, business as usual.

JPaul
10-24-2015, 05:06 PM
You only need to post 90 messages of utter nonsense 111.1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 times to attain 10K posts.

Not you like, someone starting with 1.

Something Else
10-24-2015, 09:06 PM
I did it by mistake once. I was drunk at a party.

JPaul
10-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Who drunk you, and more importantly how could that possibly happen by accident.

You must have had some idea, Shirley.

Something Else
10-24-2015, 09:41 PM
:lol: :earl:

I've missed you.

JPaul
10-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Are you not supposed to be going to some sort of crave with two lesbians.

Something Else
10-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Yes. That or the Spanish burd. It doesn't start until 1.1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Something Else
10-24-2015, 10:43 PM

JPaul
10-25-2015, 10:21 AM
A Spanish burd with a nice kebab, or two bean flickers.

What did you plump for in the end.

Something Else
10-25-2015, 07:15 PM
The former. Had a lovely thyme with all three tho' :smilie4: