PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite cocktail?

misterfinch
04-28-2015, 03:15 AM
as the title reads, what is your favorite cocktail? My current favorite is a perfect Manhattan followed by the old fashioned.

megabyteme
04-28-2015, 04:19 AM
Idol prefers to have them hold the tail. And then make it a double.

shaina
04-28-2015, 05:47 AM

Well I am not that picky .....

Vodka straight or with Cranberry , grapefruit , lemonade
Single Malt Scotch
Smirnoff Ice
Tequila straight or mixed
Corona with lime
Red Wine

Gribley
04-28-2015, 11:55 AM
I`m not a girl therefore don`t do cocktails. Shorts, well basically anything apart from Jack Daniels,Malibu (white run/coconut combo that is f* hideous) or Drambuie.

Think my liver can handle anything but those. Ciders and or beer/lagers are also not an issue. Do a depth charge on a snakebite/green monster and that would be my youth :)

Single Malt Scotch
Smirnoff Ice
Corona with lime
Red Wine

Cocktails :D... Shay you are as bad as me

IdolEyes787
04-28-2015, 12:06 PM
As the person who asked the question will never read the answers I'm going with The Shawshank Redemption.:cheers:

Gribley
04-28-2015, 12:09 PM
I like a rhubarb crumble. Equally off topic :) Maybe if I blend it into a drink.......

IdolEyes787
04-28-2015, 12:14 PM
I never drink....wine.

Also I sort of a pragmatist in that I believe if the OP doesn't care about the topic then why should I?

Gribley
04-28-2015, 12:27 PM
I know what you mean but thread only started a few hours ago... shouldn`t write him off just yet

if (iPostcount >= 10) {
iDownloadlots = 1
} else {
iPostagain = 1
}

IdolEyes787
04-28-2015, 12:30 PM
If my time at Oxford (the bar not the university) has taught me anything it's that bookmakers aren't broke for a reason.

Mr. Mulder
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Being a non drinker I find that cranberry juice helps with my menstrual cramps. Failing that, any glass of coke they want to charge me upwards of £3.50 will do just fine provided it comes with playful banter along the lines of "you got work tomorrow or something?", "are you gay or something" and "are you on antibiotics or something?".

IdolEyes787
04-28-2015, 01:03 PM
But you have to admit that at one time or another they're all applicable.

Mr. Mulder
04-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Maybe, but I'll never tell :kiss:

anon
04-28-2015, 01:41 PM
As the person who asked the question will never read the answers I'm going with The Shawshank Redemption.:cheers:

Sylvester Stallone

megabyteme
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM

Tastes like you just crawled through five hundred yards of shit-smelling foulness with a satisfying aftertaste of freedom.

shaina
04-28-2015, 06:12 PM

Tastes like you just crawled through five hundred yards of shit-smelling foulness with a satisfying aftertaste of freedom.

And then it's "Miller Time" in Zihuatanejo :yahoo:

shaina
04-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Who cares what you call something with Alcohol in it ...... As long as it does the job it supposed to do:yup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRm0LnZjP60

shaina
04-28-2015, 06:30 PM
I`m not a girl therefore don`t do cocktails. Shorts, well basically anything apart from Jack Daniels,Malibu (white run/coconut combo that is f* hideous) or Drambuie.

Think my liver can handle anything but those. Ciders and or beer/lagers are also not an issue. Do a depth charge on a snakebite/green monster and that would be my youth :)

Single Malt Scotch
Smirnoff Ice
Corona with lime
Red Wine

Cocktails :D... Shay you are as bad as me

What about Warm Beer or Guinness??

And you got the Coconut thing right too :yes:, cant even stand the smell when someone is near me drinking that shit

shaina
04-28-2015, 06:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbjzztYbUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6mUOWeR21c

misterfinch
04-28-2015, 08:09 PM
I never drink....wine.

Also I sort of a pragmatist in that I believe if the OP doesn't care about the topic then why should I?

I do but okay... lol

Lol

Should've known we'd be drifting there, just didn't know it would be that quick ;-)

I know what you mean but thread only started a few hours ago... shouldn`t write him off just yet

if (iPostcount >= 10) {
iDownloadlots = 1
} else {
iPostagain = 1
}

dion09529
04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
If you can't drink with style, better drink toilet water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00CmhN6ujmM

I remember few years ago I bought a Patron XO Cafe bottle from Tel Aviv's duty free airport especially for cocktails. Paid 60 bucks, worth it every cent.

megabyteme
04-28-2015, 10:41 PM

I remember few years ago I bought a Patron XO Cafe[...]

Bold move suggesting need for style, then recommending tequila mixed with coffee.

megabyteme
04-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Should've known we'd be drifting there, just didn't know it would be that quick ;-)

Two surprises on this thread:

1. You came back to read the posts. Hello, BTW. :wave:

2. People responded with real answers.

misterfinch
04-29-2015, 12:51 AM

I remember few years ago I bought a Patron XO Cafe bottle from Tel Aviv's duty free airport especially for cocktails. Paid 60 bucks, worth it every cent.

I have some of the patron xo cafe... going to have to try that recipe;looks yummy!

misterfinch
04-29-2015, 01:03 AM

Two surprises on this thread:

1. You came back to read the posts. Hello, BTW. :wave:

2. People responded with real answers.

Hello to you too mega :-)

shaina
04-29-2015, 01:27 AM
I can drink multiple bottles of ...

Coolers (a variety.... not picky)
Vodka
Scotch
Beer
Rum (don't really luv it but I will not turn it down)

As soon as the Tequila bottle is brought out for shots , I can never remember the night I drank it (some friends have video taped the night for blackmail later :whistling)however they make it or whatever they put in that shit is very dangerous to consume a lot of it
(but fuck it does go down smooth:yahoo:).

A couple of friends go to Mexico (they go every other year pretty much) for a few weeks , and they do a tequila tasting there , and he buys and fills a suitcase (with his clothes to protect the breakage) with all the ones he remembers were really good , and you cant purchase most of them outside of Mexico (100% agave). And he has a big party in the summer , and brings out all of these Tequila bottles for everyone to try (these tequila bottles puts Patron too shame and a third of the price), even the bottles the tequila comes in are all unique and weird shapes and colors.
After that night , I usually don't get out of bed (I don't even remember how I got into bed) for a few days.
Amazing Party..... Epic every year:yahoo:

But I can honestly say..... Coffee Tequila (any brand) would not be on my list to try......

I have some of the patron xo cafe... going to have to try that recipe;looks yummy![/QUOTE]

anthonytsantia
05-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Makers and Ginger is a very good go to drink. But if I had to choose one. i think it would be Glenlivet 15 neat

timinhawaii
05-04-2015, 01:00 AM
Mai Tai of course...

ram-bone
05-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm usually down for Dark Rum & Coke on the rocks

Piterstar
05-07-2015, 06:18 PM

christ0fu
12-18-2015, 01:33 AM
double whiskey coke no ice

Something Else
12-18-2015, 07:38 PM
A warm glass of shut the hell up.

JPaul
12-18-2015, 07:41 PM
I like a thing we call a "pint of cider"

It's a half pint of cider mixed with a half pint of cider.

Something Else
12-18-2015, 07:44 PM
:lol: :earl:

Best cawktail by a brazzilion miles. Only £3.50 ($88.95) too.

I like a mineral water. Half fizzy, half still.

JPaul
12-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Do you prefer the top half fizzy or the bottom.

I have you as a fizzy bottom man.

FFS I've turned into Noel fecking Edmonds.

Something Else
12-19-2015, 03:56 AM
House party at yours then.

JPaul
12-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Manker - "I was up my sister's last night ... wahey."

Not a good comment at a funeral.

JPaul
12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
No that wan't it

Manker's Dad - "I was up your sister's last night"

Manker - "Wahey"

I stand by the rest of the story.

Something Else
12-19-2015, 09:44 PM
:lol:

I'm one man short in Dumbarton for this evening. Do you know anyone available at short notice.

Mr. Mulder
12-19-2015, 11:07 PM
I was downstairs in the bar here in Dublin, sat with work people and one of the natives at the next table turned to me and said kujuwaaamudrinfurusthere. I said sorry what? He said duyunojuswaamudrinijllbebaa. I said uwotm8? This went on for some time, turned out he needed a piss and wanted me to watch his drink. He could have just said that the first time :eyebrows:

JPaul
12-19-2015, 11:07 PM
I know lot's of men, though whether they would be "available" at short notice on a Saturday knight is another thing.

Are we talking some sort of gigolo type gig or something else.

Something Else
12-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Yes. The chap Mulder is talking to sounds perfect for the job.

Please pass on my card.

Mr. Mulder
12-20-2015, 12:00 AM
He said he'd be happy to tarmac your .jpgs :eyebrows:

JPaul
12-20-2015, 02:53 PM
You got drunk enough to understand him ... quality.

Alcohol, God's universal translator, or something else.

The good thing is, it even works for atheists. That's how nice the God you don't believe in is.

Something Else
12-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Agnostics aren't so sure if it works or not however.

JPaul
12-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Strangely the drunker they get the more they understand other drunks.

Ergo it works even if you don't believe in it.

It's really a faithless non-placebo in a weigh.

Something Else
12-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Or a short-cut to avoid effort.

megabyteme
12-22-2015, 06:25 AM
I've seen when two guys each get broken translations at the same time- never goes well for anyone besides their dentists.

"Dewyuhavethatime?"

"Myfaaaathergaaaavemeeeethiiiiswaaaatch!" (Coincidentally, ALWAYS the guy who has needed a dentist for a long while)

"DidIaskthatmate?"

[This escalates for 45 minutes]

*Honor is defended in a US foreign policy-like manner*

Morel of the store, eh, is that Gawd has a sense of humor and lykes to mess with the Irish and give money to Jews.

JPaul
12-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Or a short-cut to avoid effort.

Ambiguity ftw.

JPaul
12-22-2015, 12:42 PM
I've seen when two guys each get broken translations at the same time- never goes well for anyone besides their dentists.

"Dewyuhavethatime?"

"Myfaaaathergaaaavemeeeethiiiiswaaaatch!" (Coincidentally, ALWAYS the guy who has needed a dentist for a long while)

"DidIaskthatmate?"

[This escalates for 45 minutes]

*Honor is defended in a US foreign policy-like manner*

Morel of the store, eh, is that Gawd has a sense of humor and lykes to mess with the Irish and give money to Jews.

Why would He mess with his followers and give money to people who don't believe in Him

megabyteme
12-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Why would He mess with his followers and give money to people who don't believe in Him

He obviously works in mysterious wheys, but history shows He's never sided much with the Irish, but the Jews have backdoor dealings with just about everybody. Probably hooked Him up with a deal on a nice blood diamond for Mrs. Gawd.

JPaul
12-22-2015, 02:01 PM
But to be fair he invented alcohol specifically as a present for the Irish, everyone else just jumped on the bandwagon.

So he can be as harsh as he wants to them, they are never sober enough to give a fuck anyway.

Something Else
12-22-2015, 10:24 PM
That's weigh too logical to be an ecumenical matter.

JPaul
12-23-2015, 11:19 AM
It's important to remember that God invented atheism.

He can be a bit of a wag sometimes.

Biggles
12-23-2015, 03:45 PM
It's important to remember that God invented atheism.

He can be a bit of a wag sometimes.

Self deprecation is often a charming and attractive trait.