PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Is Wrong With Mirc Downloaded....

BawA
11-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi

Each time i download a .Tar file they become corrupt and they cant be repaired coz win rar can repair rar and zip file

usually they become corrupted when i resume them if i download them in one shot there in good condition , at least i think its becuz of that

wat is ur opinion
plz post reply

tracydani
11-24-2003, 12:28 PM
I wish I knew, I have a file or 2 waiting on just such an answer :(

TD

Icey
11-24-2003, 01:17 PM
make usre u resume them from the bot where u got the first part.

BawA
11-24-2003, 01:22 PM
ahhhha

mostly i resume them from diffrent bots

Adster
11-24-2003, 01:32 PM
yep good idea to use the same BOT

Spider_dude
11-24-2003, 01:39 PM
also renaming them to .rar usually helps once they are downloaded.

tracydani
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Adster@24 November 2003 - 15:32
yep good idea to use the same BOT
My problem is finding the same bot. I can never seem to find the same place. It's like they go offline and my only choice is to resume from someone else or start over.

I have yet to figure out how to navigate irc. I either use ircspy and get there that way or just pick any file to get in and then just lurk till I see something I like. I usually have 2 or 3 windows open and check them for interesting files.

TD

venom_il
11-24-2003, 06:55 PM
first of all, of course you HAVE to resume from the same bot, otherwise dont bother

second of all, use the advanced IRC guide !!!1

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=80182

If you only want the part about resume rollback (prevents corruptions, I haven't had one since ive used it) - look here

http://members.lycos.co.uk/yosi123/rollback.txt

hf

BawA
11-25-2003, 05:08 AM
also check "monitor file changes" under "options", and "ctcp", "events", "raw" under "listen" on the top menu of that window.[/color]

Notice that 102400 = 100K so if you want to trunc less / more from the file you can adjust it accordingly, though i wouldnt recommend truncing less seeing as 8 KB is the mIRC default and its far from sufficient.. and what's 100K for the 2 GB file you're resuming, anyway ? maybe even 200 would be better o_O

hf

i dont see that options in red color can u guide me

tracydani
11-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help venom_il. I had already set up mirc according to what you have. I used the irc help for noobs here to set it up. But I also need help finding the part in red that bawa@Klite_user posted.

Even with this setup I got 2 bad files with .tar extensions. But maybe it was before it was .tar converted. Because it extracted from .tar fine, it was when I un-rared that I had a problem.

Either way, how do you go about getting corrupted files fixed? I went to the link in the irc noob page and it said something about being banned I belive.

TD

venom_il
11-25-2003, 08:40 PM
bawa@Klite_user - the txt file is outdated. you should do this instead (taken from the guide in my sig)

* In "Connect" -> "Options", check "reconnect on disconnection"
Also, click on "Perform" -> in "All networks" (select from top list), paste:

/remote off
/pdcc on
/fsend on
/ctcps on
/raw on
/events on

tracydani - there are programs that claim to fix corrupt tar files, but i haven't had much success. i just extract whatever i can and get the rest from #incomplete on efnet - this is also mentioned in the advanced guide

also, do not confuse the pinned IRC newbie guide with the one in my sig. in the former, resume rollback, the part which prevents corruptions, is not implemented. and if you haven't set up the part in red or the alternative i just gave (which is better because mirc resets those things everytime) rollback is not implemented. and of course, if you resume from different bots nothing can assure you no corruptions

good luck :)