PDA

View Full Version : Applying to an unpaid internship position today

OlegL
05-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Let's hope I'll be able to get it.

megabyteme
05-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Tell them you're willing to work for half what the other applicants are.

Snee
05-14-2015, 01:14 AM
Fingers crossed.

Terrible shame you won't be able to post on forums during work hours.

anon
05-14-2015, 01:47 AM

But it's unpaid :unsure:

megabyteme
05-14-2015, 01:56 AM
O rly?

shaina
05-14-2015, 01:57 AM
But it's unpaid :unsure:

Meg's attempt at humor:idunno:

anon
05-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Oooh, clever. :happy:

shaina
05-14-2015, 02:06 AM
O rly?

If anyone Deserves a raise , It is you Meg:yup:

(And I don't mean get wear higher heeled shoes :whistling)

shaina
05-14-2015, 02:11 AM
O rly?

It was a good thing one of my kids was around to revive me from asphyxiation from holding my breath waiting for the PM I was expecting back.:01:

megabyteme
05-14-2015, 02:17 AM
O rly?

It was a good thing one of my kids was around to revive me from asphyxiation from holding my breath waiting for the PM I was expecting back.:01:

I'll respond in 8 hours. :yup:

shaina
05-14-2015, 02:24 AM

:slap:

(my new wordless OY VEY!!)

IdolEyes787
05-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Let's hope I'll be able to get it.Are you sure it's an actual job position and someone isn't simply playing on your gullibility to use you as a slave?

megabyteme
05-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Let's hope I'll be able to get it.Are you sure it's an actual job position and someone isn't simply playing on your gullibility to use you as a slave?

That's what an internship is. Regardless.

TheFoX
05-14-2015, 04:31 PM

That's fast for you. What have you been smoking?

Something Else
05-14-2015, 09:15 PM

If you fail to get an unpaid jawb, there is little hope left for you.

Something Else
05-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I presume it's one of those 'Throw Turnips at the 33 year old Virgin'' kind of Internships.

shaina
05-15-2015, 03:19 AM

It is great experience for....

-Getting lunch orders correct
-Doing peoples photocopies
-Know exactly what they take in there Starbucks coffee
-Learn how to brown nose and ass kiss the bosses
-Learn how to file alphabetically and numerically
-Clean up all the shit that paid employees just don't give a fuck about
It is a great opportunity to really advance yourself and give you all the experience you will need when and that is if they actually hire you for a paid position you are looking for ..... Meg.... it really makes you appreciate the rewards you get from spending all those years of education , Right??:whistling

shaina
05-15-2015, 04:28 AM

2 days now..... :rolleyes:

megabyteme
05-15-2015, 05:46 AM

Check your PMs in the morning.

j0ckinjz
05-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Not all internships are "Get me coffee!" I did an unpaid internship with a private small production studio and it was amazing. I got to learn so much, although I did get it through my college so that might be why it wasn't so bad.

shaina
05-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Check your PMs in the morning.

Did you see the nice baby in the Fockers Movie....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRBELZpKak

megabyteme
05-16-2015, 01:27 AM
Didn't you get my PM? :unsure:

shaina
05-16-2015, 01:15 PM

Yup , I did :yup:

It was very well written and executed considering it was 3 days later and I forgot why I sent it:whistling

So I take back the .......

TheFoX
05-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Still waiting.

shaina
05-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Still waiting.

With your status and credentials at FST... I would think Meg would have you on the top of the list for a quick response on a PM??:idunno:

Should his status be returned to...

megabyteme
05-16-2015, 08:12 PM

Yup , I did :yup:

It was very well written and executed considering it was 3 days later and I forgot why I sent it:whistling

Notice the times on this vs my PM... :shifty:

megabyteme
05-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Still waiting.

You are in my top 50 list of people I respond to here, FoX. :yup:

shaina
05-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Still waiting.

That would make me feel real important considering there is only 10 people that post here (and that is an exaggerated number:idunno:).....:rolleyes:

I hope I am at least 48 or 47 on that imaginary list:whistling

With 10 people I will supply the Nachos and Salsa for the party:yahoo:

TheFoX
05-17-2015, 08:18 PM

That would make me feel real important considering there is only 10 people that post here (and that is an exaggerated number:idunno:).....:rolleyes:

I hope I am at least 48 or 47 on that imaginary list:whistling

With 10 people I will supply the Nachos and Salsa for the party:yahoo:

I know I am number 49, just above Oleg.

megabyteme
05-17-2015, 08:50 PM

Oleg is #67.

shaina
05-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Oleg is #67.

Right in-between 65 and 69 :hug:
(I am glad I am higher than that :whistling)

JonieDerby
06-08-2015, 10:50 PM

I know someone who did that, with healthfusion (http://www.healthfusion.com/ehr-features/e-prescribing/), if I remember correctly and got really good recommendation letters from his supervisor. If you are not going to get paid, at least get a good recommendation for future work that you may apply for.

sweetcaramel
06-10-2015, 02:46 AM

I know someone who did that, with healthfusion (http://www.healthfusion.com/ehr-features/e-prescribing/), if I remember correctly and got really good recommendation letters from his supervisor. If you are not going to get paid, at least get a good recommendation for future work that you may apply for.

Hi, JonieDerby:) That's good to hear! I would definitely agree with you for that matter. I did the same thing years ago:)

anon
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
So, Oleg, what became of your unpaid internship? The Internet needs to know.

IdolEyes787
06-25-2015, 05:08 PM
I bet if he got it then the company is getting it's money's worth.

OlegL
08-03-2015, 04:19 AM
So, Oleg, what became of your unpaid internship? The Internet needs to know.

I work as a volunteer every Wednesday. I am required to enter information into Microsoft Excel. Maybe I'll be able to get a real job one day (the one that pays money).

mjmacky
08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I work as a volunteer every Wednesday. I am required to enter information into Microsoft Excel. Maybe I'll be able to get a real job one day (the one that pays money).

Hey Oleg, you're pretty competent with computers, right? I think you have a future working one of these:

OlegL
08-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Hey Oleg, you're pretty competent with computers, right? I think you have a future working one of these:

I don't have any real competence in anything besides jerking off. I just exist.

IdolEyes787
08-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Jonathan E.: Does he... ah... Does he dream?
Japanese Doctor: No. There is no brain wave at all. No sort of consciousness. Just a deep coma. A vegetable. No dreams. Nothing.
Jonathan E.: But even, uh, a plant... uh, feels something.
Japanese Doctor: Who can say? Please.
[hands Jonathan the release form]
Jonathan E.: It, uh, senses life. I mean, uh, it turns towards the sun. It's alive, isn't it?
Japanese Doctor: [stressing] You must sign.
Jonathan E.: You, uh, you just leave him the way he is. Just leave him the way he is.
Japanese Doctor: Someone will have to sign. There is no other way.
Jonathan E.: Arrangements will be made.
Japanese Doctor: Please. There are hospital rules that have to be...
Jonathan E.: No, there aren't. There aren't any rules at all.
[turns and walks away]

mjmacky
08-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Jonathan E.: Does he... ah... Does he dream?
Japanese Doctor: No. There is no brain wave at all. No sort of consciousness. Just a deep coma. A vegetable. No dreams. Nothing.
Jonathan E.: But even, uh, a plant... uh, feels something.
Japanese Doctor: Who can say? Please.
[hands Jonathan the release form]
Jonathan E.: It, uh, senses life. I mean, uh, it turns towards the sun. It's alive, isn't it?
Japanese Doctor: [stressing] You must sign.
Jonathan E.: You, uh, you just leave him the way he is. Just leave him the way he is.
Japanese Doctor: Someone will have to sign. There is no other way.
Jonathan E.: Arrangements will be made.
Japanese Doctor: Please. There are hospital rules that have to be...
Jonathan E.: No, there aren't. There aren't any rules at all.
[turns and walks away]

mjmacky
08-03-2015, 09:13 PM

You must be really good at cleaning, then. Apply at your local video booth, and bring your own rag and spray bottle of cleanser to the interview. You don't even have to speak because they'll know exactly how to appropriate you.

IdolEyes787
08-03-2015, 09:45 PM
More like

but apparently since no whacking off is involved still better than OlegL could have done.:thumbsup:

If nothing else I think substituting Chris Klein for James Caan and L L Cool J for John Beck is obviously indicative of the rampant drug use in Hollywood though.
I might be wrong though as I was high on OxyContin when i came up with that theory.

anon
08-03-2015, 10:57 PM
You must be really good at cleaning, then.

Either that, or he has a big puddle of cum somewhere in his apartment :eyebrows:

shaina
08-04-2015, 12:50 AM
I might be wrong though as I was high on OxyContin when i came up with that theory.

If you ever need any ..... I always have a few spares on hand (10mg,20mg,40mg , take your pick) :whistling
Plus a few other goodies...:yup:

megabyteme
08-04-2015, 04:24 AM

If you ever need any ..... I always have a few spares on hand (10mg,20mg,40mg , take your pick) :whistling

I'll PM you my address. Send me the lot packed in espresso beans and cayenne pepper. :naughty:

shaina
08-04-2015, 05:00 AM
I'll PM you my address. Send me the lot packed in espresso beans and cayenne pepper. :naughty:

For you no Problem..... I have 10mg overstocked and still slow release on that dosage :yup:

And if i dont't have what you want in stock .....My brother usually has inverntory :yup:

But it is much easier to send anything across Canada ....... Just ask most of the Muslim Extremist .....They ship to all the cities close to your borders .... Bombs, Drugs , pretty much anything that can cause Mayhem......:idunno:

They all say GOOOOOOOOD Country this Canada Is!!!!:whistling

But getting it through US costoms is another issue we will have to deal with:whistling

megabyteme
08-04-2015, 05:47 AM
US Customs:

http://i.imgur.com/4hJHOdV.jpg

US customs:

http://i.imgur.com/cXBUgp3.jpg

shaina
08-04-2015, 06:04 AM
That is Bloody Hilarious Meg .... LOL!!!:lol::lol:

I hope that couple and kids are not related to you in any way:unsure:

But seeing they are WWE fans does show they are true Patriotic Americans :whistling

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 06:45 AM
More like

But of course. I was hoping the poster would make you cringe. Although, I've never seen the remake, I assume it was horrendous.

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 07:25 AM
That is Bloody Hilarious Meg .... LOL!

Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious, but there was a lesson for you in Meg's post about capitalization.

If you're German, you get a free pass. Also, if you're German, then you must be aware of the quota set forth in the protocols created by the StaatNümberVonPeriodsInParagrafs (refer to your handbook). When communicating a point, proper grammar and formatting doesn't necessarily enhance the argument, but incorrect usage can all but wipe it completely. You need to set a higher standard for dramatic pauses. Let me also introduce you to the "em" dash.
Alt+0151 produces —

I totally understand wanting to play with punctuation marks, may I recommend the comma splice? It pairs well with sauvignon, blanc~ cabernet, sauvignon~ or an aged pinot, noir.

shaina
08-04-2015, 07:40 AM
That is Bloody Hilarious Meg .... LOL!
Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious, but there was a lesson for you in Meg's post about capitalization.
If you're German, you get a free pass. Also, if you're German, then you must be aware of the quota set forth in the protocols created by the StaatNümberVonPeriodsInParagrafs (refer to your handbook). When communicating a point, proper grammar and formatting doesn't necessarily enhance the argument, but incorrect usage can all but wipe it completely. You need to set a higher standard for dramatic pauses. Let me also introduce you to the "em" dash.
Alt+0151 produces —
I totally understand wanting to play with punctuation marks, may I recommend the comma splice? It pairs well with sauvignon, blanc~ cabernet, sauvignon~ or an aged pinot, noir.

Oh shit !!
Please don't tell me I have another grammar policemen I have to deal with??:rolleyes:
I don't waste space and I get my point out , If the grammar/punctuation is off or not up to standards my apologies ....But that is just me:)

Edit And if I am taking this the wrong way Disregard my comments :whistling

shaina
08-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious

Lets keep Idol out of things :yup:
He gets in makes enough trouble on his own :hug:

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Please don't tell me I have another grammar policemen I have to deal with??:rolleyes:

I'm a fucking grammar god. Everyone else here is just a laminated badge carrying security guard.

If you ever find me using improper grammar, whether accidental or intentional, refer back to me being a motherfucking deity.

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious

Lets keep Idol out of things :yup:
He gets in makes enough trouble on his own :hug:

It's my fault. I was gone for so long that Idol forgot that I'm an almost robotic genius. I have predictable patterns, but calibration is necessary due to drift.

shaina
08-04-2015, 08:20 AM
US Customs

It was funny Meg on the photos you posted..
But I can tell you when I head down to Florida every year , going through Buffalo , I never really have any problems going in or on the Canadian side coming back. And there is 3 different border crossings that are pretty much the same(just 2 can be really slow!!!)

But going through Detroit ...
We have be pulled over more times than ever , and it doesn't matter on the time of day , they are way more strict there .
So depending on the weather (Buffalo takes you through the mountains and can be vicious bad weather , and Detroit is usually more mild but longer by a few hours) I really don't have a choice but to go through Detroit , but I do prefer not too.

Plus I have seen cars Fully scanned with a fancy car scanner all borders have (it is a massive x-ray machine for cars) , and not just Canadians , I have seen all different plates from the US as well.

shaina
08-04-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm a fucking grammar god. Everyone else here is just a laminated badge carrying security guard.
If you ever find me using improper grammar, whether accidental or intentional, refer back to me being a motherfucking deity.

You are funny , and I will try to improve. But don't expect me to every get to your standards OK:whistling

shaina
08-04-2015, 09:10 AM
It's my fault. I was gone for so long that Idol forgot that I'm an almost robotic genius. I have predictable patterns, but calibration is necessary due to drift.

Shoot!!
Where is that dam translator when I need him. Meg!!! Where the heck are you ??:unsure:

megabyteme
08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Where is that dam translator when I need him. Meg!!! Where the heck are you ??:unsure:

Thank you for allowing me to practice my visual puns tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/EvBwd69.jpg

You'll have to imagine this holding back water because no one has actually done braille on a dam.

BTW, it says Mary is smart and he is not shy about the fact. :yup: Like 80% of a PhD, actually...

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Shoot!!

Here you go:

dams allow us to control the translation of water

The spelling issue wouldn't exist if you embraced the word fuck. It's an amazing and versatile word.

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 10:51 AM
BTW, it says Mary is smart and he is not shy about the fact. :yup: Like 80% of a PhD, actually...

People like me, by which I mean me, only say we're smart because we know we're idiots. However, fucking morons don't even know they're idiots, so we're relatively smart.

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Neither of us went this route:

http://i.imgur.com/MKSIvIl.jpg

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 10:55 AM
... and don't post at the same time as me. It's my internet now, you get the internet later.

IdolEyes787
08-04-2015, 12:51 PM

So what you're saying is that you think Shay should worship your colon.

I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem with that.

IdolEyes787
08-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Also somebody go back in time and warn me not to watch True Detective Season 2.

shaina
08-04-2015, 02:32 PM
The spelling issue wouldn't exist if you embraced the word fuck. It's an amazing and versatile word.

Fuck!!
I guess trying to polite just doesn't pay off here :idunno:
Also there is too many smart Ass people posting more often now (hopefully!!):yup:

shaina
08-04-2015, 02:37 PM
So what you're saying is that you think Shay should worship your colon.
I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem with that.

It is always nice to see you never loose a step on your Job Title/Discription Idol.:noes:
And I don't go that way, I think :unsure:

:artist:

shaina
08-04-2015, 02:41 PM

I agree..(Surprised??)
Even the violence in the last few shows, being entertaining, it is still not putting together what the hell is going on or where they are trying to lead too. To me, it is still all over the place.:stars:
Or maybe it is just me??:idunno:

shaina
08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you for allowing me to practice my visual puns tonight

My pleasure Meg..
Always willing to help out a friend:hug:

IdolEyes787
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM

I agree..(Surprised??)
Even the violence in the last few shows, being entertaining, it is still not putting together what the hell is going on or where they are trying to lead too. To me, it is still all over the place.:stars:
Or maybe it is just me??:idunno:

So many completely pointless characters including apparently even one of the main ones.Worse than that is some of these characters even have extraneous characters attached to them.I mean like with the pregnant girlfriend and the ball busting mother was all that purely written for some epilogue?

As for the "story" I'm pretty sure a good mystery is like a puzzle where you have all the facts and the trick is getting them to fit together in a way to allow you to see the whole picture.
This shit just gives an illusion of a mystery by failing to supply you with any of the facts.

Anyway only one episode left and producers words to the contrary I don't see any way of saving this mess now especially since at least half of it has got to be wasted on tying up Vince Vaughan's story.:mellow:

shaina
08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Maybe they should have made this a 10 episode season , just to tie the backstories up and not make it look like a rush job trying to put all the loose ends of all the strorylines they raised in such a short series back together. I can't see them ending the show and not make it look like a squeez job.
Or they could have editied out alot of the crap side storylines before it was aired. But what amazes me is they really tried to pack this season with big name stars , with way too many back stories.

Last season , was much tighter and clean with at least a good partnership. And i did put the time in to watch the 2 seasons, but i don't think it is the greatest show anyways.
I would rather go back and watch Dexter, even being repetitive and knowing that the ending was absolute Shit!. But the storyline was still good every season, and it was always intersting what Dexter was going to do next, especially to make you laugh.

Idol...
What other shows are you watching and you do find interesting or at least rate it a B ??

IdolEyes787
08-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it but it started to lose me around the third episode as I realized I really didn't give a fuck as to what might be happening.So I guess the answer to your question is maybe Ray Donovan if it minimizes his household problems because seriously I didn't tune in to a crime show to cry over his wife menstruating.

I like Strike Back but it was always a guilty pleasure and even at that low bar the final season was by far the worst.
Really I don't even know what's on any more as there's way too many channels with way too few decent programs and I frankly can't be bothered to turn TV watching into some sort of time consuming pursuit to seek out what may be one good tree out of a forest of shit.

To whit, I turn the TV on and if I find there is nothing better than Dark Matter :mellow: to watch then I turn it off and do something else.

megabyteme
08-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I've suspected it's the old woman with the cut face who serves drinks in the bar. She looks like she's got reason for revenge.

megabyteme
08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it

Thems fighting words. :dry:

mjmacky
08-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I didn't even hear about the second season of True Detective coming out. All I'm getting from here is that it is a major disappointment, and its quality only lasted a season.

My download speed is less than 10 Mbps up here anyway, so thanks for saving me from nightly download schedules.

shaina
08-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it but it started to lose me around the third episode as I realized I really didn't give a fuck as to what might be happening.So I guess the answer to your question is maybe Ray Donovan if it minimizes his household problems because seriously I didn't tune in to a crime show to cry over his wife menstruating.
I like Strike Back but it was always a guilty pleasure and even at that low bar the final season was by far the worst.
Really I don't even know what's on any more as there's way too many channels with way too few decent programs and I frankly can't be bothered to turn TV watching into some sort of time consuming pursuit to seek out what may be one good tree out of a forest of shit.

I have downloaded Mr.Robot(I don't mind Christian Slater, but they seem to cancel any series he is in fast) and Strike Back(all 5 seasons), Dark Matter, and they are siting on my server with the intentions of watching them sooner or later. As for Ray Donavan , I do watch that show , but I wait for a few episodes to accumulate. I just find it a easier watch that way , and I don't know how many times I have to hear his wife say "How can I help you Ray" , "I want to help you Ray" , and the answers are very consistent "No" , "Go home and take care of the kids" , "I gotta go BABS" , I think she needs to have more constructive lines. And really Ray should put his father out of his misery already , the fucking guy is so repetitive and fucking useless as tits on a bull, you just want the character to die already.
And I can say I do like Ray's new boss Mr. Finney( Ian McShane a good actor in my opinion), him being good or bad I think he is a good new character added. And how many more episodes before Ray fucks the shit out of Katie Holmes (Paige) will be the mystery LOL!!.

And I can say honestly some of the new shows do really suck shit!!. And not being a fan of reality tv shows, it does make it worse.
I can say some shows I do still watch, new releases and new seasons.....
-Suits
-Major Crimes
-Murder in the First
-Ballers
-Odd Mom Out
-The Brink
-Zoo (just watched a few episodes so far)
And one I am waiting for the new season is Outlander.

shaina
08-04-2015, 10:52 PM
I didn't even hear about the second season of True Detective coming out. All I'm getting from here is that it is a major disappointment, and its quality only lasted a season.
My download speed is less than 10 Mbps up here anyway, so thanks for saving me from nightly download schedules.

Even know I didn't like the second season, everyone does have there own taste in movies and tv shows. I would say sooner or later you should take a look at a few episodes , just to judge for yourself. But it is nothing like the first season that much I can tell you.

And you saying your download speed is only 10 Mbps , is that all they offer?? And there isn't multiple ISP providers to give you a choice??
No offence , but if I had that in my house with my 3 kids here , I would have to take meds to restrain myself from killing them. Isn't that the speeds you can now get on dial up?? (really not trying to sound like a ASS!!, but it is kind of funny in a sad way, especially what todays ISP's offer at low prices or bundles).

IdolEyes787
08-05-2015, 12:11 AM
And I can say honestly some of the new shows do really suck shit!!. And not being a fan of reality tv shows, it does make it worse.
I can say some shows I do still watch, new releases and new seasons.....
-Suits
-Major Crimes
-Murder in the First
-Ballers
-Odd Mom Out
-The Brink
-Zoo (just watched a few episodes so far)
And one I am waiting for the new season is Outlander.
I watch Murder in the First but it's not that good and basically derivative of every other cop/lawyer show ever made.
Ballers I have already given up on as I garner no great joy in watching entitled assholes.
The Brink is OK in a "what if someone with the talent of Adam Sandler remade Dr Strangelove" sort of way.
Zoo I literally tuned out after three minutes mostly because the FX were among the worst ever committed to film and made Sharknado seem like fine art by comparison.
Outlander is too Harlequin Romance for me although having a former Victoria's Secret model lead getting nude all the time comes close to making me reconsider.
Never seen even a minute of the others.

I will note though that I find both Dark Matter and Killjoys basically unwatchable in how bad they are.I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a gun to my head could make me give either another chance.

shaina
08-05-2015, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=shaina;3771264]
-Suits
-Major Crimes
-Odd Mom Out
I watch Murder in the First but it's not that good and basically derivative of every other cop/lawyer show ever made.
Ballers I have already given up on as I garner no great joy in watching entitled assholes.
The Brink is OK in a "what if someone with the talent of Adam Sandler remade Dr Strangelove" sort of way.
Zoo I literally tuned out after three minutes mostly because the FX were among the worst ever committed to film and made Sharknado seem like fine art by comparison.
Outlander is too Harlequin Romance for me although having a former Victoria's Secret model lead getting nude all the time comes close to making me reconsider.
Never seen even a minute of the others.
I will note though that I find both Dark Matter and Killjoys basically unwatchable in how bad they are.I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a gun to my head could make me give either another chance.

-Murder in the First... What do you really expect and new concept of policing?? I think it is still entertaining and not saying you are wrong on what you are saying, but the actors are good in it and they do carry a show that has been done over and over again.
-Ballers... Well it is a rich mans sport that the show is basing itself on , so you are not wrong again but it is entertaining in a partial unrealistic way. But I guarantee some of that shit really does go on.
-The Brink ...Is really a nonsense show, but every once an while you just need that kind of humor to keep the world turning, and it is entertaining in a very dumb way. Again I don't disagree with your comments.
-Zoo... Well I think the human zombie tv shows needed a little break, and what can they change?? "Zoo" animal zombies:whistling. And I have only watched a few episodes and it fills a spot, and if it starts to become unwatchable, I will just go back to reruns of another tv show. And Sharknado was sooo stupid it was funny!!!
-Outlander.... Well between GOT and Vikings and this show, to me they are the same concept in different eras, and in different parts of the world. Again I didn't mind the first season (Girlie or not), the story line isn't bad and the action is pretty good.

Now the ones you haven't seen....

-Suits... Is one of the number one shows in the US, in short, it is about a guy with a photo-genic mind faked going to Harvard and gets a job at one of the most prestigious law firms. And now it is in it's 5th season, and adds different storylines to every episode.
You should check it out...
-Major Crimes... This is another show broadcasted in the US, and it is the continuation of The Closer (Kyra Sedgwick). When they ended The Closer, they changed the concept a little and added a few new characters, and kept it going. I really liked the Closer so this was a no brainer for me to keep watching.
-Odd Mom Out.... Again a comedy about a couple trying to live and raise there kids with a normal life surrounded by snotty rich family members trying to change them.
To me it is really funny and not censored for a regular tv program (Bravo), to me plays like a PPV show.

I watched the first episode of Killjoys, and I am not rushing to continue watching. But I am not saying when I am bored I won't check out a few more episodes.
And that would be the same for Dark Matter which I have not watched at all.

Idol ....
Have you found any more shows you would recommend yourself??

mjmacky
08-05-2015, 10:49 AM
And you saying your download speed is only 10 Mbps , is that all they offer?? And there isn't multiple ISP providers to give you a choice??

Firstly, the providers have gotten together only to yield an illusion of choice.

I'm not even invited to that racket. Where I am right now, the choice is between 1.5 Mbps DSL or satellite, and I have both. My biggest concern is having some kind of connection since my work relies on it.

T-mobile subscribers have a 4G tower nearby, but with them it's the 2 GB data cap.

shaina
08-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Firstly, the providers have gotten together only to yield an illusion of choice.
I'm not even invited to that racket. Where I am right now, the choice is between 1.5 Mbps DSL or satellite, and I have both. My biggest concern is having some kind of connection since my work relies on it.
T-mobile subscribers have a 4G tower nearby, but with them it's the 2 GB data cap.

True on the illusion of choice, they all are pretty much the same price in Canada where I am, but even our cell phone providers do offer more data(with the extra arm and leg of course).
But if it is Direct TV or Dish Network, I thought they are offering really good speeds now for internet connections??
our DSL (telephone satellite)providers are up to 150Mbps here and Cable is 350Mbps(I have 250Mbps, the larger one is not available in my area yet, and 6Gb cap for cell phones, family plan shit!!). And my bloody kids bog and hog the hell out of that!!!(spoiled rotten fucks!!:whistling).
Unless you are on Gilligan's Island, I figured the speeds are catching up everywhere(at a cost of course).

That sucks and sorry to hear they don't have anything faster to offer for you.

mjmacky
08-06-2015, 01:10 AM
I have 250Mbps

I have never lived anywhere that offers even 25% of that speed.

The US can be considered third world when it comes to Internet service. Laws have existed that prevent public competition with private telecom companies. The private companies pretend to race, but they all stick to investing the smallest amount possible for current conditions and over exaggerate their cost for bandwidth. Basically, we are paying a markup of ongoing costs of at least 10x, and in the worst cases, 50x.

There are problems out here with those two dish services (contracts, technicians, customer service). Even ignoring all of that, their services top out at around 12 or 20.

shaina
08-06-2015, 03:08 AM
I have 250Mbps
I have never lived anywhere that offers even 25% of that speed.
The US can be considered third world when it comes to Internet service. Laws have existed that prevent public competition with private telecom companies. The private companies pretend to race, but they all stick to investing the smallest amount possible for current conditions and over exaggerate their cost for bandwidth. Basically, we are paying a markup of ongoing costs of at least 10x, and in the worst cases, 50x.
There are problems out here with those two dish services (contracts, technicians, customer service). Even ignoring all of that, their services top out at around 12 or 20.

Strange you say that Macky....
Comcast in Florida(have a place there) offers packages from 3Mbps to 105Mbps, the last couple of years I get 75Mbps package (cable is part of condo fees), and 75Mbps with no kids it is great and plenty fast. I guess I really didn't pay attention to the differences in speeds in the US to be honest, before when my kids did come down with me we didn't have internet(didn't want them sitting in front of there computers all day!!, but there is a computer room you can use).

And Canada doesn't let dish network or direct tv in either, but if you have a US address or have a place there, you can just bring a receiver back and off you go(but when they were hacked it was much better:naughty:).

To me that is very strange that the US has that much difference considering they have 10X the population we do.:idunno:, and we are actually using US Modems/Routers, saying that there is no excuse why the speeds are not available there.

Edit: Sorry Macky ..Just went on Comcast site, and they offer 150Mbps and 2000Mbps as well (only residential and fiber cable).

megabyteme
08-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Not sure what I am paying for, but my Concast connection gives me between 12-14 MBps on good torrents. Not complaining, but hate the company anyway.

shaina
08-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Not sure what I am paying for, but my Concast connection gives me between 12-14 MBps on good torrents. Not complaining, but hate the company anyway.

S0 you are saying around 100Mbps..
That is great speeds for one or two constant users, but with kids streaming shit and playing online games constantly, it does get used up in a hurry!!:yup:
Did you ever do a internet speed test to see what it reads in terms of speeds(speed test.net)??

And I can't stand the company I use for cable and ISP(greedy bastards and cable or satellite are the only choices for high speed really), but the service is pretty reliable and I can't complain about the speeds I get..:yup:

Plus they meter/control everything now from there head office, with no way of getting around it when it comes to cable channels or internet speeds, as like before you could take off the filters that restricted you.