PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Need Torrent Site(s) for Textbooks

megabyteme
05-24-2015, 01:46 AM
Hi,

I have MaM, which has its benefits, and ebookshares, but have noticed that other ebook sites (often used for textbooks, but not always) have dried up in my list of sites.

Where are the cool kids getting their books? Even if you don't have invites, I am genuinely curious which spots are currently.

Thanks!

I don't like IRC and have only had occasional success on ddl sites in the past.

absent_today
05-24-2015, 12:58 PM
mobilism has lots of ebooks.

megabyteme
05-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks, a_t, I'll take a look there.

threelions00
05-24-2015, 06:18 PM
thegeeks.bz ( I got banned from Empire and their sister site is the geeks.bz so banned from there too but check MAM forums and there may be an invite there)
bitspyder.net (which i have an invite for)
GFXNews but I think you are already there

megabyteme
05-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks, threelions, I think I'll look into thegeeks. Do they specialize in any particular type of elearning materials? I have more than enough tech-related stuff. I need books for school, mostly. I'd strongly prefer to download than have to go to a real-world library- especially when I am working last-minute on an assignment.

threelions00
05-31-2015, 01:28 PM
They have a wide range of books from what i remember and a good search feature. Bitspyder is good also. But the search is a bit annoying but if you surround everything with speech marks, not too bad. Can't help you with Geeks but keep an eye on MaM as some come around. I can send a BS if you want to inbox me your email add. Probably gmail is best.

Here is a pic of the options at BS

http://i57.tinypic.com/23s6pw0.jpg

megabyteme
05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
I appreciate your offer for BitSpyder, 3Lions, but I actually screwed up my account there. Very rare occurrence, but I downloaded a 5GB file one night while blind-intoxicated (mix of Ambien and narco pain relievers, IIRC :blushing: ). Not my usual account maintenance style, but an honest incident. :angel_not

I am looking on MaM for offers. I contacted one potential benefactor. Still waiting...

IdolEyes787
05-31-2015, 04:24 PM
Learnin' is overgreated overgrated.

megabyteme
06-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Learnin' is overgreated overgrated.

*overgraded

absent_today
06-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Can't you find them in KAT ?