PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Laserdisc rips?

silvercool
08-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Hello guys, I've been out for a long long time (more than 4 years) lost most of my trackers. I wanted to know if there's a site that has tons of Laserdisc rips?

Right now the only one I have is what.cd.

silvercool
08-23-2015, 06:45 AM
anyone?

teflon05
08-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Why would you want a laserdisk rip? There's much better quality rips around than that...And as far as I know, they never made a laserdisk recorder, so I know you can't burn an image to disk & play it on a laserdisk player.

I havent even seen a laserdisk or player since back in the late 80's or early 90's...Unless you mean CD or DVD rips...Laserdisk is a completely different thing.

silvercool
08-24-2015, 05:26 AM
So many movies (US, Europe and Asia / Japan) were released in laserdisc format, there must be someone with a very good laserdisc player (dts sound and component video) and a huge collection of laserdisc ripping them to digital, to preserve them before they get laser rot.

piercerseth
08-24-2015, 07:20 AM
So many movies (US, Europe and Asia / Japan) were released in laserdisc format, there must be someone with a very good laserdisc player (dts sound and component video) and a huge collection of laserdisc ripping them to digital, to preserve them before they get laser rot.

Even the holy grail players (Pioneer X9/X0) can only do so much. The video on the non-MUSE/HiVision discs is composite. Period.

Audio is another matter. Quite a few of the mono PCM tracks have been ripped and remuxed to better video sources. You just have to seek them out.