PDA

View Full Version : newsleecher is now free..

batman05
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM
as the title says. its now free. ive tried most clients but always preferred newsleecher. been using v5 final for ages. so its nice to be able to finally get a newer version..

heres the info from the newsleecher website:

Aug 21, 2015
A quick status update :

It has been quite a while ( some months ) since the last NewsLeecher release, but development hasn't stopped!

The plan, from here on, is to get through the rest of the NewsLeecher V7.0 bugfix list and then release a final version within too long.

The NewsLeecher V7.0 client software will be FREE to use for everybody. We then hope that users will support us through subscribing to our ( inexpensive ;) Usenet service and/or the SuperSearch and SuperLeech services.

After NewsLeecher V7.0 has been released, we will start working on V8.0. We already have lots of ideas for V8.0 - including a major facelift to keep the user interface efficient and up-to-date.

its free in their download section.

Skiz
09-08-2015, 04:50 PM
The appeal of Newsleecher years ago was the ability to use their supersearch. Since everyone is pretty dependent on NZBs these days, and with the added popularity of Sab, it might be safe to say that Newsleechers user base has diminished quite a bit, leading to them giving away the client. Are there still features that require payment?

batman05
09-08-2015, 07:23 PM
supersearch and superleech are still paid features. dont think theyve updated the pricing page yet with the new prices.

Brass
10-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Still good news.

whatcdfan
10-23-2015, 07:07 PM
This news was out months ago. Have they released ver 7.0? or is it still in development?

sajin
10-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Thank you for this information... I've been using v3.9 for ages now..

batman05
10-26-2015, 01:45 AM
i made the comment months ago lol, just a week or two after the announcement. V7 has been out since april, no final yet. its on beta 7 so far so probably a few more to go. theres a couple of bugs ive noticed, mainly to do with the rar and par extraction. occasionally it doesnt extract correctly and needs to be manually done. other than that it seems ok.

fastplumb
06-17-2016, 09:04 PM
its finally been released on the 6th June.
I just tested it and it is free!
NO registration or login required but you do have to put up with the add banner.

https://www.newsleecher.com/software/

newzbie
07-17-2016, 03:07 PM
man i am so out of touch. Still using v5 beta 3 cracked. Not like ad but free is always good.

Insyder
07-31-2016, 03:51 AM
I keep checking their forums and all I see people report bugs for version 7 since early betas. I don't have any problems with version 6.5 beta 6 so I don't see the reason to upgrade xD