PDA

View Full Version : So...

dion09529
09-30-2015, 05:50 PM
..., this is serious shit!
Today, while I was riding my bike without a helmet, a pothole appeared right in front of me, I couldn't avoid it and I fell, crushing my head. But I believe that all of humanity's great discoveries were brought to light in a similar way.

So, I was wondering, if the speed of light is almost 300000 km/s and the Earth-Moon average distance is about 384000 km, when you look the Moon you actually see it how it looked 1 second ago. Right?!
But let's look deeper into cosmos. This year scientists found a galaxy 13,1 billion light-years away, so we deduce that the Universe is a pretty big place.

According to this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQm6N60bneo) video, 4,5 billion years ago Earth was nothing but "a boiling bowl of liquid rock, an endless ocean of lava". Wouldn't be interesting to see how our planet looked like if we could beam 4,5 billion light-years away, because when you look to a distant star, you see back in time. I must say that I've seen many docs about galaxies, worm holes, neutron stars, dark matter and other shits, but I never found anywhere that approach.

Relevant comments, please,... this shit is serious!

IdolEyes787
09-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Was it a landmine crater?

anon
10-01-2015, 03:28 AM
Today, while I was riding my bike without a helmet, a pothole appeared right in front of me, I couldn't avoid it and I fell, crushing my head.

And here you are posting about it... so you are pretty hardheaded after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wafhDIMU6w

megabyteme
10-01-2015, 03:38 AM
..., this is serious shit!
Today, while I was riding my bike without a helmet, a pothole appeared right in front of me, I couldn't avoid it and I fell, crushing my head.

[concussion talk]

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

If you need a full-reboot, I've got size 10 1/2 boots I'm willing to stomp lend to the effort. :D

IdolEyes787
10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Today, while I was riding my bike without a helmet, a pothole appeared right in front of me, I couldn't avoid it and I fell, crushing my head.Etc....

OK I accept that but what was your problem before?

anon
10-01-2015, 02:38 PM
If you need a full-reboot, I've got size 10 1/2 boots I'm willing to stomp lend to the effort. :D

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stomping on dion's head - forever.

dion09529
10-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Was it a landmine crater?

Possibly, but the last relics of the wars that have succeeded in my country throughout history, dates back to the Second World War when the nazis and commies invaded us. As if that were not enough, now we stuck with refugees. :wacko: Afghans, Syrians, Pakistanis, Iraqis, Libyans. What could be more beautiful in this world?

IdolEyes787
10-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Sort of ironic isn't it that your country probably just wants to be left in peace and the United States has “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" boldly emblazoned on the Statue of Liberty and yet they delay taking more of them because of security concerns.

IdolEyes787
10-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Definite sleeper agent.

dion09529
10-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Nasa scientists find evidence of flowing water on Mars

Researchers say discovery of stains from summertime flows down cliffs and crater walls increases chance of finding life on red planet.

Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months on Mars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.

The trickles leave long, dark stains on the Martian terrain that can reach hundreds of metres downhill in the warmer months, before they dry up in the autumn as surface temperatures drop.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars

mjmacky
10-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Just because I decided to have fun once and piss in the air.

IdolEyes787
10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Nasa scientists find evidence of flowing water on Mars

Researchers say discovery of stains from summertime flows down cliffs and crater walls increases chance of finding life on red planet.

Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months on Mars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.

The trickles leave long, dark stains on the Martian terrain that can reach hundreds of metres downhill in the warmer months, before they dry up in the autumn as surface temperatures drop.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars

The sensible part of me truly doesn't give a fuck.Now give them another billion dollars to discover remotely worthwhile.

Snee
10-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Welp, we already know there's a fuckton of oxygen tied up in the martian soil. Hence the red. And there should be more in the polar regions. Now, if we managed to somehow pump enough greenhouse gasses into the martian atmosphere we could, in theory, release some of that oxygen into the air, eventually making it breathable. I think the presence of flowing water would help speed up the process, 'cos some of that stuff has to get into the air, too, if it's warm enough to flow.

We're still talking centuries to get there, but the way people in parts of the world are procreating, and lately, gracing us with their presences, while others are doing their best to produce those greenhouse gasses and whatnot, here, I figure some room to expand will be desirable if things keep going as they do.