PDA

View Full Version : hi

stitched
10-14-2015, 09:57 PM
hi, hows everyone...long time no see.. its been a while since i posted here...i am sitting in some boring computer networking class in college. i am studying at NYU thats the only thing thats changed since the last time i posted.

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
On a positive note, hardly anyone posts here anymore so far fewer people will be bored by you.:)

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Hemlock glass half full.

TheFoX
10-17-2015, 11:48 AM
hi, hows everyone...long time no see.. its been a while since i posted here...i am sitting in some boring computer networking class in college. i am studying at NYU thats the only thing thats changed since the last time i posted.

No wonder the world is in such a shit state if you spend your precious time posting here instead of learning what you need to know. If we all adopted this attitude, we'd be back in the dark ages.

IdolEyes787
10-17-2015, 01:24 PM

No wonder the world is in such a shit state if you spend your precious time posting here instead of learning what you need to know. If we all adopted this attitude, we'd be back in the dark ages.Computers are more about efficiency than necessity so need,no.

As for lifting us from the Dark Ages, progress has always been because of a few bright lights illuminating the way forward,not a mass of people with glow sticks dancing to the current tune.

Thomas Edison only had three months of official schooling.
There are many and sometimes better ways to learn than sitting in a class you hate just so you can get a job you will also likely hate.

Also the Dark Ages was more derived from a breakdown of government and it's replacement with religion. Intellectuals were actually persecuted for heresy so not much incentive to think if you think about it. Hence much of the lack of progress over that period.

TheFoX
10-17-2015, 07:28 PM
No wonder the world is in such a shit state if you spend your precious time posting here instead of learning what you need to know. If we all adopted this attitude, we'd be back in the dark ages.Computers are more about efficiency than necessity so need,no.

As for lifting us from the Dark Ages, progress has always been because of a few bright lights illuminating the way forward,not a mass of people with glow sticks dancing to the current tune.

Thomas Edison only had three months of official schooling.
There are many and sometimes better ways to learn than sitting in a class you hate just so you can get a job you will also likely hate.

Also the Dark Ages was more derived from a breakdown of government and it's replacement with religion. Intellectuals were actually persecuted for heresy so not much incentive to think if you think about it. Hence much of the lack of progress over that period.

I'm sorry, but you lost me after 'lifting us'...

IdolEyes787
10-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Things always get a bit clearer after a couple of Sazeracs.