PDA

View Full Version : cost cutting

rowingcowardice
10-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Hi! We are operating a car wash station and a 24/7 convenience store. Lately, we noticed that our energy & water consumption are quite high compared to last year. Now, we are looking for some effective solutions to be able to minimize the consumption. Can you suggest some great ways in achieving it? Thank you!

Something Else
10-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Wash the cars over some kind of grill that catches water, which can then be re-used in slushies for the convenient store. :smilie4: Isn't it convenience store, rather than convenient. I'm not saying 24/7 isn't convenient. Far from it.

Good grammar saves energy.

IdolEyes787
10-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Only wash the parts of the car that people are likely to notice.

As for electricity, don't have any lights but provide complementary night vision googles to every customer.

OK money-wise the last one was more of a give/take.

mjmacky
10-23-2015, 12:50 AM
Hi! We are operating a car wash station and a 24/7 convenience store. Lately, we noticed that our energy & water consumption are quite high compared to last year. Now, we are looking for some effective solutions to be able to minimize the consumption. Can you suggest some great ways in achieving it? Thank you!
Increase meth production.

Skiz
10-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Not sure if legit question or spam. :fry:

Mr JP Fugley
10-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Wash the cars over some kind of grill that catches water, which can then be re-used in slushies for the convenient store. :smilie4: Isn't it convenience store, rather than convenient. I'm not saying 24/7 isn't convenient. Far from it.

Good grammar saves energy.

Then pipe the pish from the toilets directly back to the car wash.

It's a win/win.

Something Else
10-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Something like this should suffice.

JPaul
10-26-2015, 10:11 PM
I wonder where they got their pipes from.

TheFoX
10-28-2015, 06:46 AM
If there are enough of you, try washing it in piss. This should also help to neutralise bird lime.

IdolEyes787
10-28-2015, 12:25 PM
If there are enough of you, try washing it in piss. This should also help to neutralise bird lime.

I see that your not familiar with gas bar convenience stores because I'm fairly sure that they already use the piss to make the coffee.

Rat Faced
11-02-2015, 09:27 PM
So its a perpetual loop... piss to make the coffee which creates the piss to make the coffee.

Perfect recycling.

JPaul
11-03-2015, 02:51 PM
It's so obvious the only shocking thing is that no-one has done it before.

Other than Starbucks obviousment.

And Costa.

Something Else
11-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Costa even do it in Tesco petrol stations.

I worked in a pub recently, and we had a coffee expert come and teach us how to make a really good coffee. I paid loads more attention than anyone else, asked lots of questions, practised a lot and finally perfected it.

Once the coffee expert had gone, the kitchen called and asked me to send down two cappuccinos. I volunteered to make them immediately, and with enthusiasm. I tried my best, but turned out they were pish. Every one I've made since has also been pish.

I've quit the job now. Where did I go wrong.

JPaul
11-03-2015, 07:03 PM
"Where did I go wrong."

I'm not sure where it happened but I'm fairly certain it was some time in the mid 80's

mjmacky
11-03-2015, 07:09 PM
I was typing my perspective on coffee, but then I had to delete all of it because it dawned on me that it was pretty fucking boring. So, here's this instead:

JPaul
11-03-2015, 07:11 PM
That's clearly phoatie shopped.

I would never drink bottled beer out of the bottle. That's just crass

IdolEyes787
11-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Likely because in the bottle it can't get warm enough.

JPaul
11-03-2015, 07:20 PM

Likely because in the bottle it can't get warm enough.

It can if it's sitting close to a roaring log fire.

IdolEyes787
11-03-2015, 07:22 PM
So we now know that you apparently pack glasses when you go camping.:unsure:

mjmacky
11-03-2015, 07:25 PM

JPaul
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Quality phoatie shopping, I had to look at that like a million times to tell the difference from the original. The watch is the only giveaway.

If I was ever to go "camping" I would definitely not wear my glasses. They are not in the slightest way camp.

mjmacky
11-03-2015, 08:03 PM
The watch is the only giveaway.

I thought I only missed the button... sigh

If you don't mind, I need to go find a gas oven to wear as a helmet.

DavidK
11-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Energy is much more caused by heating & cooling than lighting. Keep as much lighting as possible as people need to feel safe, esp at night. Consider a heating & cooling analysis or do yourself like inspecting weatherproofing and checking for water leaks, esp the toilets for slow drips or sticking flush handles as when the customers leave they don't care and usually don't know if the water ever stops or keeps running due to a stuck handle where the flapper doesn't fall all the way to seal the water. If the electric or water rates rose, raise your car wash prices as much and make sure you compensate for years you didn't raise the price. Better a net profit margin of $4 per car for 25 cars/day for $100 profit than $.10 profit for 1,000 cars/day for the same $100 profit which would likely not even justify car wash maintenance for so many cars.

Rat Faced
11-04-2015, 08:41 PM
So... not a Walmart fan then...